Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well, perfect is only available with a few natures (modest, timid, calm off the top of my head) but you can get a "perfect" azelf in the sense that you don't care about some of the stats.
And as far as I know you can get any pokemon with a normal date as long as you can hit high delays and have a 3rd gen cart, if not then you may have to change the year.

Well, if you're in Platinum it may seem weird to have pre-release 2009 pokemon, so you might want to go ahead to 2011 to change your delay, but that's not too bad.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
If this is meant for me, then no, you can still use the Right mouse button and then click on Generate times, and there you can alter the year.
I like that option. I wish I had some time to test it! That was an awesome idea.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
You have never used RNG Reporter? Because I just copied it from RNG Reporter!?! Anyway, it's a very good option!
No, I always use it for locking natures and abilities, but it's just that I hadn't seen the option to enter the seed in your program, as opposed to only being able to look for specific seeds like how I originally thought it was.

Okay, I am trying to catch an Adamant Swinub at Lake Acuity. Frame 37, I have two Roamers and I am using sweet scent on grass. I have hit my delay 4 times now, and each time I have caught an Adamant Snover, why is this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I am trying to catch an Adamant Swinub at Lake Acuity. Frame 37, I have two Roamers and I am using sweet scent on grass. I have hit my delay 4 times now, and each time I have caught an Adamant Snover, why is this?
You have to look for a frame that has Swinub's encounter table number, not Snover's. Right click on the frame in RNG Reporter to see the encounter table options.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
why wont the rng reporter let me calculate poketech taps, after generating a seed under method 1 with no ivs, i right click on the nature, Calculate Poketech Taps ... is in this color Calculate Poketech Taps ... and it wont let me click on it? I've tried re downloading it twice on two different computers.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
why wont the rng reporter let me calculate poketech taps, after generating a seed under method 1 with no ivs, i right click on the nature, Calculate Poketech Taps ... is in this color Calculate Poketech Taps ... and it wont let me click on it? I've tried re downloading it twice on two different computers.
Because that option only applies to getting an egg of a specific nature. Poketech taps do nothing to advance the RNG for anything else.

You have to look for a frame that has Swinub's encounter table number, not Snover's. Right click on the frame in RNG Reporter to see the encounter table options.
Sorry for the late response :(. Anyways, I did check that out and it's a 5th encounter slot, which is what I was looking for, so that's not the problem either.

Sorry for the double post, but something weird happened, again. Like I said before I was getting an Adamant Snover everytime, well it turns out I was one frame high for some reason, so I didn't do the turn. So I hit my delay again, did my journal flips and didn't do the turn this time, and I got a Sneasel, and it was Adamant. So for lawls I decided to check it's IV's, and it turns out that it was the spread that I was aiming for, but it why was it on a Sneasel? It told me in RNG reporter that it was a 5th encounter slot on Platinum, which is Swinub, not Sneasel.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the double post, but something weird happened, again. Like I said before I was getting an Adamant Snover everytime, well it turns out I was one frame high for some reason, so I didn't do the turn. So I hit my delay again, did my journal flips and didn't do the turn this time, and I got a Sneasel, and it was Adamant. So for lawls I decided to check it's IV's, and it turns out that it was the spread that I was aiming for, but it why was it on a Sneasel? It told me in RNG reporter that it was a 5th encounter slot on Platinum, which is Swinub, not Sneasel.
where are you doing your abuse, lake acuity or acuity lake front and in what game?

I've been doing this for quite some time now, my first attempt was successful but my second attempt is driving me nuts. I'm trying to IV breed a Gible. The nature and gender are fine and set but I for some reason I can't hit the right frame. The Delay and Seconds values are fine. My game is saved at Frame 3. My Target Frame is 65. So I figured the number of Journal flips I'd have to do is 31 before immediately collecting the egg. Each one of my Journal pages says I caught a Wild Pokemon. But for some reason, when I hatch the egg and check my results, I land on a different frame. Last time I landed on Frame 43, can anyone help me figure this out?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Seed: 19120275
Frame: 37
Nature: Adamant
IV's: 31/31/30/20/30/31
Roamers: 2
Synch: Adamant
hmm i don't see how you can get sneasel with this spread so either the encounter slots are incorrect or your in lake acuity not acuity lake front and i don't think you can sweet scent in acuity lake front as its snowing

After calibrating my egg frame 5 times, I got 5, 4, 4, 5, 5 (yes, I spoke to the Daycare man as quickly as possible). I figured I'd go ahead and SR for my spread now; even if I don't get frame 5 the first time I hit my seed, I won't mind repeating it a few times.

After spending several hours SRing, I've hit my seed at least 10 times, and each time has resulted in frame 4. Is this normal?

Since the only way for me to get my desired fully-flawless spread is on an odd frame, should I keep trying since I got frame 5 over 50% of the time in my calibration, or should I take the best spread I can get on an even frame, and use that in a new breeding project?

I believe this is a simple question, and a mistake that I shouldn't really be doing but for some reason whenever I try to hatch a shiny egg it tells me "No Initial Seed found please check my date and time" Which is fine but I looked at the smogon guide to why it was happening, and it says the date and time don't match or something like that. I check and I check and everything is the same on the DS and the calculator, which completely baffles me. However there have been a few times where it has worked but I did nothing different those times.

You need to input the time of the moment you've enter the game, and not the time at the moment you catch a pokemon.

A simple question:
I do a soft reset and the journal shows automatically. There is a defeated pokémon on the first page listed. Does this advance the frame by 2 for capturing? Or only if I open the journal manually?
Yes it will advance it by two

whats the year is needed to get a good adamant flawless shiny metagross... im breeding IVs onto it with a flawless adamant ditto holding an everstone... and its parent is also shiny aswell... im needing to know if it is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)