Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This is in regards to the Pokewalker: What is the difference between Method 1 and Wondercard frames? I found a spread I like with RNGReporter -> Time Finder -> Method 1 and it gives me a frame of 35 (seed=1204000A). The main window of RNG reporter -> Wondercard IVs shows that seed will produce this particular spread at frame 37. I was told Method 1 would generate the spreads I'm looking for, but that Wondercard was the process the game uses. I'm also still unsure about how nature is determined in Wondercard situations. Is the random nature somehow related to the extra frame advancement?
I forgot to ask if using Method 1 with min delay = max delay = 0 is the way to look for Pokewalker seeds. If that is the case, all I need to know is do I look for frame 35 (Method 1) or 37 (Wondercard IVs)? The RNG calls for Pokewalker are still confusing to me compared to capturing.

Can anyone who abused their ID/SID help me out a bit?
The seed I'm using is: DE151F61
With a delay of 8023.
The problem is hitting a target time. When I input the wanted delay into the box in Emloop, It'll give me a time around 2 minutes. Does this affect the synchronize time? I.E would I have to synch the DS clock 3 minutes before the target time (1 for SR and 2 for the delay time)? Also, is there a way to accurately check my Delay and seconds when I enter the new game?

How is this... how is it possible?

Background Info:
Seed: 561501FA
Target Frame: 306
Synch nature: Timid
Nature: Timid
Pokemon at frame 306: Magnemite (route 6)
Time: 21:06:00 (H/M/S)
Delay: (because of year 2002, delay is 504)

I'm sitting at frame 303 after calling Elm and getting the response for that frame. From past experience not using a synchronizer, I thought that sweet scent would enter me in battle with whatever was in frame 306. However, this time around I was using a synchronizer. Somebody needs to explain to me how the below is possible (after the chart):

Frame 303 ... Timid
Frame 304 ... Timid
Frame 305 ... Jolly
Frame 306 ... Timid
Frame 307 ... Timid
Frame 308 ... Jolly

I thought for sure that I would finally get the Timid I wanted at frame 306, but against ALL logic I have developed over the past week of rng, the game threw me against frame 305. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

I'm sitting at frame 303 after calling Elm and getting the response for that frame. From past experience not using a synchronizer, I thought that sweet scent would enter me in battle with whatever was in frame 306. However, this time around I was using a synchronizer. Somebody needs to explain to me how this is even possible:

303 ... Timid
304 ... Timid
305 ... Jolly
306 ... Timid
307 ... Timid
308 ... Jolly

I thought for sure that I would finally get the Timid I wanted at frame 306, but against ALL logic I have developed over the past week of rng, the game threw me against frame 305. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???
then repeat everything you did but just call elm more...

Can anyone who abused their ID/SID help me out a bit?
The seed I'm using is: DE151F61
With a delay of 8023.
The problem is hitting a target time. When I input the wanted delay into the box in Emloop, It'll give me a time around 2 minutes. Does this affect the synchronize time? I.E would I have to synch the DS clock 3 minutes before the target time (1 for SR and 2 for the delay time)? Also, is there a way to accurately check my Delay and seconds when I enter the new game?
RNGReporter's 'Seed to Time' will show you times and delays around your target in the bottom half. Calling Professor Elm (HGSS) or coin flipping (Pt) is probably the best way to check your current seed/delay. Click 'Search Elm' and input your responses and it will tell you which delay you hit. Increase the +/- delay boxes if your elm calls don't appear. A delay of 8023 means waiting about 133 seconds between launching the game and clicking 'Continue'. Can you use a different date and a lower delay so that you only have to wait like 20 seconds instead of 2 minutes?

Are you sweet scenting on your bike or walking? Walking has been know to make some inconsistencies.
Walking, but every time I used sweet scent before first trying a synch it ALWAYS advanced the frame and jumped me into a battle 3 ahead. It might have to do with the fact that every one of those times my poke wasn't in the grass as well.

However, if this bike / walking is my problem, can you help me out by telling me how many frames are advanced when you ride a bike and sweet scent? Like, if I was on frame 15, and I called Elm for that frame, and then used sweet scent, what frame would I battle given that the next 7 frames are all the syncher's nature?

Can you use a different date and a lower delay so that you only have to wait like 20 seconds instead of 2 minutes?
That was a dumb statement. I meant, is there not another useable seed that requires a lower delay? It would really save you time if you didn't have to wait 2 minutes to see if you got it right.

RNGReporter's 'Seed to Time' will show you times and delays around your target in the bottom half. Calling Professor Elm (HGSS) or coin flipping (Pt) is probably the best way to check your current seed/delay. Click 'Search Elm' and input your responses and it will tell you which delay you hit. Increase the +/- delay boxes if your elm calls don't appear. A delay of 8023 means waiting about 133 seconds between launching the game and clicking 'Continue'. Can you use a different date and a lower delay so that you only have to wait like 20 seconds instead of 2 minutes?
At the moment, I'm trying to get a certain ID/SID combo when starting a new game. That explains the unusually high delay. The game I'm restarting is Platinum, so coin flips come in later. I've read the guide on the first page, but hitting a target time is a pain for me, especially since on my test runs I hit seconds like 3, 34, 23, and 13.

Walking, but every time I used sweet scent before first trying a synch it ALWAYS advanced the frame and jumped me into a battle 3 ahead. It might have to do with the fact that every one of those times my poke wasn't in the grass as well.

However, if this bike / walking is my problem, can you help me out by telling me how many frames are advanced when you ride a bike and sweet scent? Like, if I was on frame 15, and I called Elm for that frame, and then used sweet scent, what frame would I battle given that the next 7 frames are all the syncher's nature?
Just try biking. It is always safe. Anyway I inputted your seed into seed verifer and got this

Code:
301: Evolution~ e9b5b2e1
302: PKRS~       59e41840
303: Evolution~ c70233b3
304: Evolution~ d722edaa
305: PKRS~       39c55dd5
306: Kanto~  635e3a24
As soon as Elm is done talking about evolution on 304, use sweet scent immediately. This is assuming you are on a bike.

Just try biking. It is always safe. Anyway I inputted your seed into seed verifer and got this

Code:
301: Evolution~ e9b5b2e1
302: PKRS~       59e41840
303: Evolution~ c70233b3
304: Evolution~ d722edaa
305: PKRS~       39c55dd5
306: Kanto~  635e3a24
As soon as Elm is done talking about evolution on 304, use sweet scent immediately. This is assuming you are on a bike.
Thanks a crud load. And just double checking: what you're saying is that in order to battle the magnemite on frame 306, I sweet scent after calling professor elm many times with the last 3 responses being PKRS, Evolution, and Evolution [302, 303, and 304 respectively.] Correct?

At the moment, I'm trying to get a certain ID/SID combo when starting a new game. That explains the unusually high delay. The game I'm restarting is Platinum, so coin flips come in later. I've read the guide on the first page, but hitting a target time is a pain for me, especially since on my test runs I hit seconds like 3, 34, 23, and 13.
I'm not sure I follow what ID/SID has to do with the high delay? Are you going for shiny? Otherwise, ID/SID should be meaningless. Maybe I missed something.
I'm not familiar with Emloop, but I use PikaTimer and it would also require synching your clock 2 minutes ahead of the target time. What is the exact date/time you're using? Your delay is over 2 minutes, so depending on the actual time, 3 minutes may be necessary.

I'm not sure I follow what ID/SID has to do with the high delay? Are you going for shiny? Otherwise, ID/SID should be meaningless. Maybe I missed something.
I'm not familiar with Emloop, but I use PikaTimer and it would also require synching your clock 2 minutes ahead of the target time. What is the exact date/time you're using? Your delay is over 2 minutes, so depending on the actual time, 3 minutes may be necessary.
I'm trying this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2566531&postcount=4
I'm attempting to Abuse my ID/SID. I wanna get a certain ID/SID combo to make a certain nature shiny with 29+ IVs. But I suppose I am on the right track with target times.

EDIT: You might have to scroll down till the last topic. Where the picture of Oak is.

Thanks a crud load. And just double checking: what you're saying is that in order to battle the magnemite on frame 306, I sweet scent after calling professor elm many times with the last 3 responses being PKRS, Evolution, and Evolution [302, 303, and 304 respectively.] Correct?
Correct.

I'm trying this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2566531&postcount=4
I'm attempting to Abuse my ID/SID. I wanna get a certain ID/SID combo to make a certain nature shiny with 29+ IVs. But I suppose I am on the right track with target times.

EDIT: You might have to scroll down till the last topic. Where the picture of Oak is.
Gotcha. I just realized that your restarting a new game and abusing the ID/SID generation itself. I just didn't hear that part I guess. Sorry for confusion. Certain ID/SID combos would certainly make shinies easier to produce. Now that I think about it, I could not get a shiny, Bold 31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric Suicune seed to save my life. *single tear*
In that case, my guess for verifying your seed/delay is your starter's nature maybe? God only knows how many frames would advance between ID/SID generation and that point. By then you'd already know that your ID is right or wrong. Sorry I can't help you more.

Gotcha. I just realized that your restarting a new game and abusing the ID/SID generation itself. I just didn't hear that part I guess. Sorry for confusion. Certain ID/SID combos would certainly make shinies easier to produce. Now that I think about it, I could not get a shiny, Bold 31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric Suicune seed to save my life. *single tear*
In that case, my guess for verifying your seed/delay is your starter's nature maybe? God only knows how many frames would advance between ID/SID generation and that point. By then you'd already know that your ID is right or wrong. Sorry I can't help you more.
Lol no problem, you helped me with my synch time though. Now I know for sure to synch 3 minutes beforehand. I guess I'll do more test runs and see where that gets me.

Lol no problem, you helped me with my synch time though. Now I know for sure to synch 3 minutes beforehand. I guess I'll do more test runs and see where that gets me.
Glad I could help somewhat. Your target time is when you click continue and the delay is how long you waited after loading the game. Therefore, you would synchronize your clock at (target time) - (delay/60) - (about 30 seconds for load times). You would SR at exactly (target time) - (delay/60). In your case, 3 minutes sounds about right. Good luck!

Glad I could help somewhat. Your target time is when you click continue and the delay is how long you waited after loading the game. Therefore, you would synchronize your clock at (target time) - (delay/60) - (about 30 seconds for load times). You would SR at exactly (target time) - (delay/60). In your case, 3 minutes sounds about right. Good luck!
Thanks! I hope I can figure this out.

Thanks! I hope I can figure this out.
no real shortcut to ID/SID RNGing,
usually I choose a higher delay spread so I can hit it within the second without fail.

somewhere like 6000-8000, so it gives me enough time if I misclicked to get extra dialogues. If your calculations are right, you should hit the correct "second" within the 1st few tries, then it is about the fine tunes to the correct frame

no real shortcut to ID/SID RNGing,
usually I choose a higher delay spread so I can hit it within the second without fail.

somewhere like 6000-8000, so it gives me enough time if I misclicked to get extra dialogues. If your calculations are right, you should hit the correct "second" within the 1st few tries, then it is about the fine tunes to the correct frame

Hmm. I see, but does Emloop help with hitting target times? I've read the guide but I couldn't find any information on it.

Does an NPC's movement increase the RNG by a set amount, or does it vary?

Also, I've been trying to hatch a phenomenal Magnemite with HP Ice for more than a day now... my problem lies in inconsistent frames. Should I try to RNG catch one instead? If so, am I correct in thinking that there are no wandering NPCs outside the Fuego Ironworks?

Also, I've been trying to hatch a phenomenal Magnemite with HP Ice for more than a day now... my problem lies in inconsistent frames. Should I try to RNG catch one instead? If so, am I correct in thinking that there are no wandering NPCs outside the Fuego Ironworks?

I think it usually varies, I'm not too sure. But Breeding is much easier than catching in my opinion. Fuego Ironworks most likely doesn't but I could be wrong

EDIT: If you have Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, Solaceon Town has numerous wandering NPCs (or so I heard). So you'll need to do a few test runs to see how much frames are being advanced by said NPCs.

Its varies

From what I know there are 5 npc in Soleceon Town. You can kinda stop 2 of the npcs (the 2 cowgirls). I go to the route above the town and come back down quickly (as in on the bike on high gear) and try to save before the 2 girls move. After I save I wait to see if the 2 girls move as soon as the save message disappear. If they move quickly then do the process over again. If they dont move, then save if your save frame will be consistent. The other 3 npc can still mess up the save frame.

Yes you could catch one but I havent perfected capturing anything else beside legendary, so I am in no help about that sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)