Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Corn Snake - his whole list has that probably in it somewhere.

Vo-Dee - Shiny pokemon are based off your ID/SID so if any of them were shiny, it would be for him only.

Hey, I'm trying to get this to work for IV breeding, but I'm having a bit of trouble (even at the calibration step). I thought I'd list out exactly what I'm doing so people can point out exactly where I'm messing up.

1) I've synched the DS clock with my computer's clock to the second.
2) I have an egg at the daycare center. I stand in front of him, and turn off the DS when the clocks reaches the next minute (ex: 18:57:00)
3) I put in my AR + Pokemon game, and press start at 18:58:00, then repeatedly press A (until I get the egg) [Unsure on this step, do I need to start AR at a particular time?]
4) I catch a pokemon, do an IV check using AR.
5) I open RNG Reporter -> Initial Seed Finder, enter the nature/IVs and date (2009-05-04), and I choose 18:57:00 for the time [is this the right time to enter?]
6) Press Find
7) I then use Method Breeding (DPPt), with the Seed (Hex) entered (it automatically appeared after I did the initial seed finder), and I press Generate. (ID and SID is also entered).

Haven't tried the next step, because my 'delay' and 'seconds' seem way off from the typical..

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have just confirmed that the RNG does, indeed, advance a number of frames equal to your number of party members every 128 steps when you are not walking in tall grass. So if you have an odd number of party members, you can achieve even frames by walking 128 steps and then opening the journal. Otherwise, you'd be stuck with only odd frames available to you.

Greetings, Smogon newbie here. I signed up to voice this problem I've having, specifically with 4.2 of RNGReporter. I'm having problems getting a shiny egg from the spreads I'm receiving. I followed the directions properly, entered in the correct info, synched with the DS, tappings, etc. I only was able to get 2 shiny eggs, out of 11 attempts. The monster seed is throwing me off, in 4.1 once I have entered the correct IVs of the captured poke, I got my initial seed immediately. I used Dppt Egg (International), using my Japanese Ditto to obtain shiny eggs.

My first attempt and use of RNGReporter I was aiming for shiny adamant Beldum. I failed to get a shiny but it was the correct nature, so it may have been human error on my part. From then on I was able to get shiny eggs. Now on 4.2, I can't seem to get a fix on the correct spreads. After I get my initial seed, I tried out the shortest taps from the generated spreads. I did not look for any specific IVs or nature, just went for the shortest taps from the list. I keep getting non shinies with incorrect natures, sometimes even incorrect genders. I am using Excel to keep track of my taps and Notepad to list how many I need to do and MetalKid's IV Calculator. Is the RNGReporter giving me false positives when I enter the IVs? It shouldn't give me a initial seed if I'm entering incorrect IVs. Sorry for the wordiness but this is very frustrating. I have wasted too many hours. Mingot, if you don't mind, please reupload 4.1?

I can try to make some attempts, to show what I'm doing wrong and try some attempts on 4.1 for comparison, if Mingot reuploads it.

Well, on my first try, I pulled out a shiny adamant, just like the application said.

Now to reset until I get good IV's.

That was way more simple than I thought it would be. I might try the IV reseting next if I can't get a good spread quickly

I'm just wondering, using the Time Finders, are we able to search for Shinies and their natures? Like we use them to find the offset/delays for desired IV's? Or will they be implemented in the future versions of the RNG Reporter?

I'm just wondering, using the Time Finders, are we able to search for Shinies and their natures? Like we use them to find the offset/delays for desired IV's? Or will they be implemented in the future versions of the RNG Reporter?
If you are talking about for wild and legends, that just came out in the newest version.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Greetings, Smogon newbie here. I signed up to voice this problem I've having, specifically with 4.2 of RNGReporter. I'm having problems getting a shiny egg from the spreads I'm receiving. I followed the directions properly, entered in the correct info, synched with the DS, tappings, etc. I only was able to get 2 shiny eggs, out of 11 attempts. The monster seed is throwing me off, in 4.1 once I have entered the correct IVs of the captured poke, I got my initial seed immediately. I used Dppt Egg (International), using my Japanese Ditto to obtain shiny eggs.

My first attempt and use of RNGReporter I was aiming for shiny adamant Beldum. I failed to get a shiny but it was the correct nature, so it may have been human error on my part. From then on I was able to get shiny eggs. Now on 4.2, I can't seem to get a fix on the correct spreads. After I get my initial seed, I tried out the shortest taps from the generated spreads. I did not look for any specific IVs or nature, just went for the shortest taps from the list. I keep getting non shinies with incorrect natures, sometimes even incorrect genders. I am using Excel to keep track of my taps and Notepad to list how many I need to do and MetalKid's IV Calculator. Is the RNGReporter giving me false positives when I enter the IVs? It shouldn't give me a initial seed if I'm entering incorrect IVs. Sorry for the wordiness but this is very frustrating. I have wasted too many hours. Mingot, if you don't mind, please reupload 4.1?

I can try to make some attempts, to show what I'm doing wrong and try some attempts on 4.1 for comparison, if Mingot reuploads it.
If you want to download 4.10 just change the URL to _410 instead of _420. All old versions are still available for download. Are you sure you are not clicking on "Monster" seeds, though? They did not exist in 4.10 (but did in all previous versions) but were added back to 4.20.

Also, if you suspect it's flat broken, just get your initial seed and hatch 4 or 5 eggs immediately. If they don't match the first 4 or 5 frames let me know.

I meant for breeding, so we don't have to SR for the nature/taps
I thought about this and it was even on the todo list until a little earlier today. I kinda think it will mean you just end up resetting to hit your date/time/delay and that could be as tricky as just resetting for new threads.

I guess we need to consider, on average, how long it takes to get a decent spread and then how long it takes to hit a date/time/delay that you are shooting for.

I meant for breeding, so we don't have to SR for the nature/taps
You use the first described method in order to get a shiny with a certain nature/ability.

Once the daycare man has an egg (could be your shiny with nature/ability) you do the SR for the stats you want.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I, at least, can hit a date/time/delay consistently within 10 soft resets, while I spent the better part of two days looking for an Adamant male Inner Focus shiny egg for my Lucario project. I think this would benefit the vast majority of users.

I, at least, can hit a date/time/delay consistently within 10 soft resets, while I spent the better part of two days looking for an Adamant male Inner Focus shiny egg for my Lucario project. I think this would benefit the vast majority of users.
I can't speak about the legends part, but you know it's bad when you (I) spend 3 days getting a desired shiny spread and quite literally 10 minutes getting a final. In other words, yes, this would be extremely helpful.

Or maybe you just messed up. Keep tying and don't blame something else for your mistakes in counting or doing something else wrong.

Same thing as eggs, but when you save in front of them, you only need to get the right delay. You also manually advance the RNG to the frame you need.
Well I'm kind of wondering about this too, I'm about to SR for Azelf. Catch a pokemon, check IV's, find spread under Method J, advance with Poketch... then?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No.

Advancing the RNG for captured Pokemon is nothing like advancing it for eggs. Check out the parts of the OP related to advancing the RNG.

Update on my earlier issues: I changed the date but used the same seed and I hit my spread on my third try. Don't really know what to take from that, I'm happy though.

if you save after the day care gets the egg but before you get the egg, and the nature is wrong, do you have to restart the whole thing?

ok so you have to repeat the proccess over and over to get the nature you want
You should SR when you find your initial seed and generate your list. If the first one isn't the nature/ability you want or isn't a reasonable number of taps, do it again until it is. Then all you have to do is not mess up the tapping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)