Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yea, I did. Just wondering if everyone's eggs look like that, or do they try to get a spread in the same day. I'm just not sure if being born AFTER it was hatched would be looked down upon in trading. I haven't saved, so I can turn the clock ahead to hatch it on the same day it was born.
I don't think it matters really, unless the year is something really unrealistic.

Edit: I guess I can't really say, because mine are all hatched on the same day.

I personally couldn't care less. Like Heatran, mine wil (hopefully) be from 2012, but I only see that as funny actualy. (Exploding Heatran - Apocalyps of the Mayas)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Syberia said Shaymin's offset is 1, but I'm consistenly getting 3. I start the game looking at left, then I turn north and talk to Shaymin. However, LightningFusion said turning the character wouldn't advance anything...

I'm using a Timid Synchronizer, by the way.

EDIT: Hmm, now I got a Timid within frame 2. All the other frame 3 pokémon were non-Timid, and there were three also non-Timid that I got while manipulating that were two frames later than what I wanted, just like the frame 3 ones.

Syberia said Shaymin's offset is 1, but I'm consistenly getting 3. I start the game looking at left, then I turn north and talk to Shaymin. However, LightningFusion said turning the character wouldn't advance anything...

I'm using a Timid Synchronizer, by the way.

EDIT: Hmm, now I got a Timid within frame 2. All the other frame 3 pokémon were non-Timid, and there were three also non-Timid that I got while manipulating that were two frames later than what I wanted, just like the frame 3 ones.
Are you looking at the offset with the initial seed or the generated list?

Edit: I just did a quick test and I did indeed get 1 as an offset.

Mario With Lasers

Are you looking at the offset with the initial seed or the generated list?

Edit: I just did a quick test and I did indeed get 1 as an offset.
I'm looking at the generated list. Right now, I saved my game to stay in front of Shaymin, and then resetted and caught one. It was Impish, offset 2 (1 was Naive, and 3/4 were different Timid spreads).

EDIT: Got another offset 2 spread, Rash. Funnily enough, offset 1 was Timid.

EDIT2: Hmm. This time I loaded the game facing north, but turned south and then north again, but the offset still was 2, non-Timid (and both 1 and 3 were Timid).

I'm looking at the generated list. Right now, I saved my game to stay in front of Shaymin, and then resetted and caught one. It was Impish, offset 2 (1 was Naive, and 3/4 were different Timid spreads).

EDIT: Got another offset 2 spread, Rash. Funnily enough, offset 1 was Timid.
Using a syncher won't affect it, so make sure you have the list saying you used a syncher, not no syncher.

Turning doesn't do anything. I told you this, its only for when in a patch.

Mingot: If you see this, TTB got an offset of 1 like the other legends for giritina at turnback cave in platinum. The OP says it is +12, so I would fix that/ run more tests.

Yeah, I got 2 everytime when going for an offset of 2, and finally reached my final. (Offset of 2, delay of 604)

So that's confirmed, I'd say.

Mario With Lasers

Using a syncher won't affect it, so make sure you have the list saying you used a syncher, not no syncher.

Mingot: If you see this, TTB got an offset of 1 like the other legends for giritina at turnback cave in platinum. The OP says it is +12, so I would fix that/ run more tests.
Yes, I know turning wouldn't do a thing, but I couldn't understand why I was getting 3 everytime.

And I'm sure the RNGReporter had Timid as Syncher.

If you want to download 4.10 just change the URL to _410 instead of _420. All old versions are still available for download. Are you sure you are not clicking on "Monster" seeds, though? They did not exist in 4.10 (but did in all previous versions) but were added back to 4.20.

Also, if you suspect it's flat broken, just get your initial seed and hatch 4 or 5 eggs immediately. If they don't match the first 4 or 5 frames let me know.
Sorry for the late reply. Here's my analysis from my testing, and I'm very sure I'm not clicking on monster seeds.

The following were used to conduct this test:
Excel and Notepad to keep track of taps and data
MetalKid's IV Calculator
Poketch on standby at #5
Dppt Egg PID (International), shiny only checked
Japanese Ditto and Male Houndoom (corresponding order put in daycare)
Fishing Magikarp min lv 52, max above lv 52 in Resort Area. If I didn't get the desired lvls in 3 tries, I save and SR.
Party: Staraptor, Scyther, Empoleon, Banette, Gengar; after I put the pokes in the daycare I put Magmar in my party to remain 5 total.
I do my taps before flying to daycare/put pokes in daycare

ability 0 = Early Bird
ability 1 = Flash Fire

v4.1
attempt 1
Magikarp lv 58
2009/5/4 22h 8m
gentle 5/5/1/18/22/29
initial seed 21160263 offset 36 secs 5 delay 602
frame 7349 PID A0FC3ECB relaxed ability 1 100 M
611 happiness 4 coin flips

egg 1 non shiny bold female ability 1
egg 2 non shiny hasty female ability 0
egg 3 non shiny adamant female ability 0
egg 4 non shiny quiet male ability 0
egg 5 non shiny gentle male ability 0

Failed; Only matching bold female ability 1 was far down the list

attempt 2
Magikarp lv 55
2009/5/4 23h 37m
relaxed 4/30/9/10/1/29
initial seed 5D170261 offset 189 secs 36 delay 600
frame 819 PID 5870C646 careful ability 0 50 F 12.5 M 25 M 75 F
67 happiness 2 coin flips

egg 1 shiny careful female ability 0
egg 2 non shiny lonely female ability 1
egg 3 non shiny bashful female ability 0
egg 4 non shiny adamant female ability 1
egg 5 non shiny bold male ability 1

Success

attempt 3
Magikarp lv 71
2009/5/5 0h 54m
adamant 19/8/19/13/6/17
initial seed 84000265 offset 83 secs 53 delay 604
frame 8319 PID 3A1BA42A lonely ability 0 50 F 12.5 M 25 F 75 F
693 happiness 0 coin flips

egg 1 shiny lonely female ability 0
egg 2 non shiny naive male ability 1
egg 3 non shiny modest female ability 1
egg 4 non shiny timid female ability 1
egg 5 non shiny relaxed male ability 0

Success

v4.2
attempt 1
Magikarp lv 68
2009/5/5 2h 12m
impish 10/19/29/19/23/1
initial seed 53020263 offset 41 secs 46 delay 602
frame 5233 PID B86B265A naive ability 0 50 F 12.5 M 25 M 75 F
435 happiness 0 coin flips

egg 1 shiny naive female ability 0
egg 2 non shiny naughty female ability 1
egg 3 non shiny calm male abiilty 0
egg 4 non shiny bold female ability 0
egg 5 lost track of this one due to fatigue, non shiny, however

Success

attempt 2
Magikarp lv 57
2009/5/5 3h 23m
docile 16/4/5/5/19/30
initial seed 5F030261 offset 84 secs 47 delay 600
frame 1814 PID DB5F456E careful ability 0 50 F 12.5 M 25 M 75 F
150 happiness 1 coin flips

egg 1 shiny careful female ability 0
egg 2 non shiny rash female ability 1
egg 3 non shiny bashful male ability 1
egg 4 non shiny impish male ability 0
egg 5 non shiny hasty male ability 1

Success

attempt 3
Magikarp lv 66
2009/5/5 4h 23m
timid 1/29/9/17/7
initial seed 4304025D offset 143 secs 19 delay 596
frame 3459 PID 7281ECB7 quiet ability 1 50 M 12.5 M 25 M 75 F
287 happiness 2 coin flips

egg 1 shiny quiet male ability 1
egg 2 non shiny quiet female ability 1
egg 3 non shiny quirky male ability 1
egg 4 non shiny impish female ability 1
egg 5 non shiny modest female ability 1

Success

I am absolutely, 100 percent sure, I did not screw up any of my taps during this test. I hope this was thorough enough for you. From this test, I hatched shinies almost flawlessly so it can't be v4.2 or the monster seeds. Could be my tapping but it doesn't seem so. The reporter can't give a initial seed for incorrect IVs can it? I fairly sure it shouldn't. Could I been too slow moving from my taps to depositing the pokes in the daycare? Anyway, it seems I've broke the string of bad luck earlier.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Still really can't confirm it. Most people get an offset of one. Some people see a different offset :/ It's annoying at this point.

Yes, I know turning wouldn't do a thing, but I couldn't understand why I was getting 3 everytime.

And I'm sure the RNGReporter had Timid as Syncher.
Have you tried resetting and re-saving? Wondering if there is something in the save that is advancing a few frames for you that could be "knocked out". At this point people seem to consistently get 1 most of the time, but not always.

Looks like this is going to be the next pain in my nuts. Why can't it ever be easy?

I am absolutely, 100 percent sure, I did not screw up any of my taps during this test. I hope this was thorough enough for you. From this test, I hatched shinies almost flawlessly so it can't be v4.2 or the monster seeds. Could be my tapping but it doesn't seem so. The reporter can't give a initial seed for incorrect IVs can it? I fairly sure it shouldn't. Could I been too slow moving from my taps to depositing the pokes in the daycare? Anyway, it seems I've broke the string of bad luck earlier.
You can get an incorrect seed from an incorrect IV. It should be rare that it ever happens to look like a legitimate initial seed, though. Offset will be much higher than normal, or delay will be higher than usual. It *could* happen and look perfect, though.

Nothing about the speed of going to daycare matters much.

Going to have to say it seems like a mistap or a wrong method selected at this point.

Oh, and thank you for a very thorough report!

Yeah, lots of people get offsets that are just totally out there. I have, but just once or twice.

I'll try to figure out why it does that though, maybe it's only on certain things, or in caves that aren't quiet or something?

Perhaps more journal things advance it, or the status of Pokemon in the party? (Burned, fainted, etc.)

Darn bootcamp, that sucks >_<. Ty for the reply dr00.

TDS @ To add to what dr00 said, on Smogon Analysis, the first Ability (the one on the top) is Ability 1, the second Ability (the one on the bottom) is Ability 0. Serebii is the opposite. I remember this clearly since that's how I got my first PRNG shiny to work, but with the wrong ability, referring to the analysises.. T_T
The smogon analysis is like that for most of them, but I wouldn't rely on it, since its not perfect, since they had belly drum on salamence. Look in the PID creation guide article, which is more accurate.

Ok, there's not much in the OP about this, but, I know Negator, TheTorsoBoy, Syberia, destroyer, and a few others have figured out Method J, and how to do it. I don't really understand how to do it, as there's not much information in the OP about it. This is what I was aiming to get:

Timid
31/3/30/30/30/30
Hidden Power: Fighting 70
Offset: 1183
Seed: 4313029A
PID: 4DA44843

How do I go about searching for the time, and a decent Offset, or, does the offset always have to be the same? I'm not really understanding how to do this. Anyone that can give me a little help?

Ok, there's not much in the OP about this, but, I know Negator, TheTorsoBoy, Syberia, destroyer, and a few others have figured out Method J, and how to do it. I don't really understand how to do it, as there's not much information in the OP about it. This is what I was aiming to get:

Timid
31/3/30/30/30/30
Hidden Power: Fighting 70
Offset: 1183
Seed: 4313029A
PID: 4DA44843

How do I go about searching for the time, and a decent Offset, or, does the offset always have to be the same? I'm not really understanding how to do this. Anyone that can give me a little help?
In the search thing where you found this, right click and choose the times one. Increasing the year lowers the delay by 1, and vice versa. offset cannot be lowered, so you have to flip your journal a lot to get that.

In the search thing where you found this, right click and choose the times one. Increasing the year lowers the delay by 1, and vice versa. offset cannot be lowered, so you have to flip your journal a lot to get that.
I actually found that info in a Spreadsheet on Mingot's site, and I can't figure out how to get the info into the RNG Reporter to find the time and such I need to get it.

I actually found that info in a Spreadsheet on Mingot's site, and I can't figure out how to get the info into the RNG Reporter to find the time and such I need to get it.
okay, right click still, and choose times. In the seed area, put the seed of that pokemon. Then hit generate. That should be it.

Darn bootcamp, that sucks >_<. Ty for the reply dr00.

TDS @ To add to what dr00 said, on Smogon Analysis, the first Ability (the one on the top) is Ability 1, the second Ability (the one on the bottom) is Ability 0. Serebii is the opposite. I remember this clearly since that's how I got my first PRNG shiny to work, but with the wrong ability, referring to the analysises.. T_T
i know that's not true, actually (at least all the time).

Azumarill, for instance has Huge Power listed first, but it's ability 1 and Thick Fat is ability 0

Oh dam, lol that's what I referred to for Abilities. I'll go delete my post asap so I'm not confusing anyone >_<. My fault!

I've never RNG abused before and want to know what's a better method for one of my current projects.

Aiming for (Non Shiny coz Shiny Houndoom looks bad :P)
31/x/20+/31/31/31 Timid (Flash Fire) [HP Dragon]

Parents are..

Cosmic Jeff's Male Smeargle 31/31/31/31/31/31
Female Timid Houndour 31/24/11/31/31/31

Will I get my want faster by RNG abusing?
Or is it the same speed?
If RNGing is faster, then I might go for a mixdoom too.

I seem to see people RNG abuse IV's so fast.
Also I have no AR, but about 25 rare candies.

Help please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)