Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've never RNG abused before and want to know what's a better method for one of my current projects.

Aiming for (Non Shiny coz Shiny Houndoom looks bad :P)
31/x/20+/31/31/31 Timid (Flash Fire) [HP Dragon]

Parents are..

Cosmic Jeff's Male Smeargle 31/31/31/31/31/31
Female Timid Houndour 31/24/11/31/31/31

Will I get my want faster by RNG abusing?
Or is it the same speed?
If RNGing is faster, then I might go for a mixdoom too.

I seem to see people RNG abuse IV's so fast.
Also I have no AR, but about 25 rare candies.

Help please?
For IV abusing, you don't need AR or Rare Candies, just good timing.
I'd go for the RNG breeding.

But I need the rare candies for the wild pokemon's IV's coz they are too low to check properly don't I??
Yes, and you're still going to have to check the IVs of the hatched pokemon, so I don't think theres a huge amount of difference in that area. I think you should learn how to abuse the RNG so that when you do have worse parents you can still get really good breeds in much less time. You may as well learn now.

You don't need to catch pokemon when breeding for IVs
But the first post here talks about catching a pokemon with sweet scent and usig it's IV's.
I'm not talking about Emerald, I'm using platinum for breeding.

Yes, and you're still going to have to check the IVs of the hatched pokemon, so I don't think theres a huge amount of difference in that area. I think you should learn how to abuse the RNG so that when you do have worse parents you can still get really good breeds in much less time. You may as well learn now.
I do want to.. it's just the annoyance of limited candies and no AR IV checker :(

But the first post here talks about catching a pokemon with sweet scent and usig it's IV's.
I'm not talking about Emerald, I'm using platinum for breeding.

I do want to.. it's just the annoyance of limited candies and no AR IV checker :(
One tip, you can catch pokemon in resort area which are lvl 50+, it is easier to check there IVs, and you can fly back, as long as you dont have flip or happiness applet on.

One tip, you can catch pokemon in resort area which are lvl 50+, it is easier to check there IVs, and you can fly back, as long as you dont have flip or happiness applet on.
Well on Diamond theres no up to lv100 karp's.
I tested a random catch with gloom lv 51.. I leveled to to about 80 and the IV's still weren't exact :(

Well on Diamond theres no up to lv100 karp's.
I tested a random catch with gloom lv 51.. I leveled to to about 80 and the IV's still weren't exact :(
Dude, you dont need the exact IVs, its pretty simple if the IVs are like:
20/15-16/17-18/12-13/14-16/2-3, just use trial and error. Before i got AR, i had like 3 rare candies, and i still managed to get 4 or 5 shinies using the RNG.

Dude, you dont need the exact IVs, its pretty simple if the IVs are like:
20/15-16/17-18/12-13/14-16/2-3, just use trial and error. Before i got AR, i had like 3 rare candies, and i still managed to get 4 or 5 shinies using the RNG.
Trial and Error??
How can I enter all those possibilities??
I'm not after a shiny so I think i just skip the SID part right?
Thanks for the help so far.
=)

Trial and Error??
How can I enter all those possibilities??
I'm not after a shiny so I think i just skip the SID part right?
Thanks for the help so far.
=)
Just try all the possibilities, should take 2 minutes.
And no, you don't need your SID when not going for a shiny.

You put in each combination of IVs until you get one that gives you a starting seed with a reasonable delay. If it's incorrect, RNGreporter should tell you there are no useable seeds.

I'm trying to find my offset, did I do this correctly?
Open up Seed finder (misdreavus).
Enter everything (I think the frames spent on continue are zero as I pressed it immediately)
Got a seed, entered it in the Timi Finder, but got zero as delay, what am I doing wrong? Or can I assume my delay is even now?

EDIT: Smothing strange in my Time Finder:
Seed - offset --- PID
blabla -- 2 ------ bleble
blabla -- 4 ------ bleble

other stuff is all the same. Does this mean I've got the same spread on two offsets?
I need to know 'bout the second thing mostly.

About offsets, I think it's nature related.

Quick question, if what we suspect about the seed being advanced by 1 point for every step the character takes is true, does the seed also advance by one for every uncontrollable step the character takes, i.e. at Spear Pillar when the game steers you towards Dialga/Palkia?

Just try all the possibilities, should take 2 minutes.
And no, you don't need your SID when not going for a shiny.
You put in each combination of IVs until you get one that gives you a starting seed with a reasonable delay. If it's incorrect, RNGreporter should tell you there are no useable seeds.
Wow.. that last one took me 13 minutes to get =(

How do I work out the offset for time finder later??
I have no idea what it is and reading this made it more confusing :S

- The offset should usually be a number between 1 and 6. Offset, which is explained in more detail below, can fluctuate quite a bit but can usually be locked in at a certain number when resetting. Locking in a number gets harder as the offset gets higher or lower so values of 3 or 4 are recommended here for first time users.

Before we continue an explanation of the offset is in order. The offset is the number of RNG calls that happen between the instant you enter the game world and the instant you talk to the daycare man to collect your egg. These RNG calls are driven by NPC movements and you can see this in action by looking at them and noticing that they seem to meander aimlessly. How soon these movements happen is determined by information in your game save so generally each time you save the game you will end up with the same (or an adjacent) result for the offset. If you are getting a value that does not suit the spread you have searched for the best thing to do is to simply save your game and try again. Eventually you should be able to lock into a state where you get the offset you are looking for consistently. The complete example below will explain how to figure out what your offset was for each egg that you hatch.

So you don't need your secret ID if you're not going for a shiney? That's good news...

If my remark about the steps the game forces you to take is true, will it just be a case of advancing the seed by an amount of steps less than the total steps I will be taking to reach Palkia in a straight line?

Ok, this is really weird:

My standard offset for Palkia is 2.
I did more than 40 resets for sure, and it was always 2.

Yesterday, I got the delay and second I wanted, but then the offset was 3.
All the others after that were 2 again.

Now, I got the right delay and second again, and the offset is 3 again O__o

I had this same problem but when I was breeding shiny eggs. Every time I got my delay, the offset was one off, and every time I missed my delay I had the correct offset. I ended up having to find a whole new spread, and I got that one on the third try. Don't know how much that helps...

Calibration results so far:

Time: 20:25 Delay: 649 Seconds: 0 Offset: 99
Time: 20:34 Delay: 636 Seconds: 14 Offset: 71
Time: 20:42 Delay: 660 Seconds: 15 Offset: 371
Time: 20:59 Delay: 645 Seconds: 14 Offset: 66
Time: 21:15 Delay: 654 Seconds: 15 Offset: 25
Time: 21:25 Delay: 626 Seconds: 14 Offset: 135
Time: 21:36 Delay: 632 Seconds: 14 Offset: 58

How many times do I need to do this before I can get a decent Delay average??
And I still don't understand the whole offset thing.

I've spent over an hour getting a fraction of the results i need.. how long is this meant to take??

Calibration results so far:

Time: 20:25 Delay: 649 Seconds: 0 Offset: 99
Time: 20:34 Delay: 636 Seconds: 14 Offset: 71
Time: 20:42 Delay: 660 Seconds: 15 Offset: 371
Time: 20:59 Delay: 645 Seconds: 14 Offset: 66
Time: 21:15 Delay: 654 Seconds: 15 Offset: 25
Time: 21:25 Delay: 626 Seconds: 14 Offset: 135
Time: 21:36 Delay: 632 Seconds: 14 Offset: 58

How many times do I need to do this before I can get a decent Delay average??
And I still don't understand the whole offset thing.

I've spent over an hour getting a fraction of the results i need.. how long is this meant to take??
I dont think it says to record offset for the callibration phase

I dont think it says to record offset for the callibration phase
It doesn't.. i just did incase for some reason i need it since i have no idea how to determin the offset later.

Edit: got this golbat during calibiration :O

Bold 31/30/17/31/28/22
Not too bad for a wild catch ^^
I would've kept it if it didn't waste all 28 of my rare candies :(

What game are you on Pokerealm? Because I know TTB got a shiny palkia last night with an offset of 1 on Platinum. I will also be doing this tonight and can check offset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)