Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't understand what you mean with "go back far enough". You mean my frame is too high? And the spread seed indeed seems to be the same as the initial seed, but the spread seed has an extra zero infront of it for some reasen, though that doesn't affect it.

About route 210.
Serebii's "Pokéarth" shows a north and southside of route 210. The pokémon encountered in the north differ from those in the south. So I was wondering, are they still the same map and are their NPC's the same? But I can't test it and hoped someone knew the answer.
Can't help you with the route, no idea.

What frame is the monster you are trying to enter into the on? What do you mean "spread seed"? Sorry I really have no idea what you are talking about at this point. Maybe give an exact example of what you are trying to do and what you are seeing or something.

Ok, so I did what oddsok said but look:
Parents:
A 31/31/31/31/31/31
B 13/27/31/27/24/24

On game I got as my wild pokemon
24/27/4/14/24/2
On frame 148 i found the spread but the ivs are odd
24/B/4/14/B/A

Neither pokemon have 2 in speed so whats wrong? and why is the frame so far away?

Edit: I just got frame 16, is that better?
Edit again: I got frame 16 AGAIN, so is that my typical frame?
It would appear so, that is pretty high. Yes, runners being out each make it go up by +1. If you have runners out, don't subtract that or anything, just work under the assumption that 16 is your starting frame, even though that seems extremely high. Are you sure you hit the right starting seed each time?

More messing around with getting "Defeated" entries in the journal suggests more strongly that you need to defeat five wild Pokemon.

@mingot: Do you think adding the Hidden Power column to the Wonder Card IVs section of RNG Reporter would be worthwhile?
Ok, I will be going into it to try and confirm the number, but do you know if it is 5 of the same monster or 5 of anything?

Also, you are right about the hidden powers, I will add those to the output.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You're doing it right. You want to get an egg, catch a monster, find the seed and output the breeding frames to find your offset. Which sounds exactly like what you are doing, from what I read.

Also, when you get the initial seed it tells you your delay/seconds. You want to make sure you're hitting the correct seconds (you should be good at this after calibration) and your delays should be in line with what you found during initial calibration.

All of this information, in addition to the frame is, used to search for your spread. It sounds like you are on the right track, you're just in the really shitty part of the process. Keep at it.

Can't help you with the route, no idea.

What frame is the monster you are trying to enter into the on? What do you mean "spread seed"? Sorry I really have no idea what you are talking about at this point. Maybe give an exact example of what you are trying to do and what you are seeing or something.
Well forget about the route then.

I've got this spread:
28070263 2829 12CB59B2 !!! Impish 0 29 / 29 / 29 / 21 / 30 / 31

I entered those IVs with that nature with the time RNG Rep gave me. It turned out invalid. That's kinda the problem. I have no idea why it doesn't work. It's a shiny spread btw.

mingot

free agent
After hitting that time, what do I do next?Like do I just repeat a, get the egg, but if I've done it wrong, isn't it going to be annoying without fast egg hatch to walk like 10000 steps? plus I'll have to use rare candies to check its IVs, or can I use an ar but set my time further back?
Yes, it's going to be very annoying, but consider the alternative, and that is hatching 4000 eggs to get flawless offspring from flawless parents.

Well forget about the route then.

I've got this spread:
28070263 2829 12CB59B2 !!! Impish 0 29 / 29 / 29 / 21 / 30 / 31

I entered those IVs with that nature with the time RNG Rep gave me. It turned out invalid. That's kinda the problem. I have no idea why it doesn't work. It's a shiny spread btw.
And then you are looking for that in the initial seed finder? Not going to work. It's frame 2829, initial seed finder will NOT go back that far. Not sure why you are trying to do what you are doing, anyway. Why are you putting it into the initial seed finder to start with?

Yes, it's going to be very annoying, but consider the alternative, and that is hatching 4000 eggs to get flawless offspring from flawless parents.

And then you are looking for that in the initial seed finder? Not going to work. It's frame 2829, initial seed finder will NOT go back that far. Not sure why you are trying to do what you are doing, anyway. Why are you putting it into the initial seed finder to start with?
To see what coin flips I'd get when I hit the right delay. Thought that was kinda obvious.

I have trouble getting a consistent offset. During the calibration phase, I've tried it atleast fifteen times and I get everything from 23 to 57 with no repeats. Anyone have any tips to get a frame that is consistent?

mingot

free agent
So I do just get the egg after hitting the time? Can I catch a pokemon and find my delay and seconds to save having to hatch the egg for nothing? And where can I find a clock with seconds that I can set for any time I want on the internet
No idea, use google. And yes, either use coin flips or catch something. I would generate adjacent results and use coin flips, it's quicker.

To see what coin flips I'd get when I hit the right delay. Thought that was kinda obvious.
Then just put the initial seed into the seed textbox on the main screen, switch to DPPt breeding and hit generate.

I have trouble getting a consistent offset. During the calibration phase, I've tried it atleast fifteen times and I get everything from 23 to 57 with no repeats. Anyone have any tips to get a frame that is consistent?
Offset? How are you determining what your offset is? From the initial seed finder? If so, you're doing it wrong. You don't want or care about that offset. You want to know the frame. Information on that is in the OP.

Ah, thanks :)

It looks like I mixed up "often scatters things" and "scatters things often".

I'll have an update later tonight or tomorrow to correct it. Let me know if you find any others that don't calculate correctly.
again often scatters things
machoke sassy lvl 48

mingot

free agent
No Dutch please.

There is currently a bug (see previous page) with often scatters things/scatters things often which will be fixed this evening.

A delay range of 20 is not that bad, but you should really work on consistency to get to 10.

@ Shiny - this is where you will have to narrow down the IVs of your hatch to figure it out. You can use the IV man if you are using platinum, candies, or exp share high level battles, etc.

Hey,

Im not sure if this has already been noted or not, but something I have noticed while breeding shiny pokemon is that after making your taps, the journal will not appear after starting your game. However, it begins to show up again after 24 hours. Just a small observation.

Iv been trying this for days without success. :/

I recently caught a Roselia. I got its Ivs from MetalKid Calc. I put it in the RNG reporter and nothing. It appeared as if the Ivs couldnt be found. And the video's program is different than the recent RNG so it confuses me.

Roselia - #315 (Jolly)
HP: 8-9
Atk: 30
Def: 20-21
SpA: 26-29
SpD: 7-8
Spe: 25-26

that is what I get.

I recently caught a Roselia. I got its Ivs from MetalKid Calc. I put it in the RNG reporter and nothing. It appeared as if the Ivs couldnt be found. And the video's program is different than the recent RNG so it confuses me.

Roselia - #315 (Jolly)

that is what I get.
Do you actually know what to do?

I did exactly what the guide in the main post told me to do :/

I even watched the video 3 times.

Im trying again this time with a Fearow.

I was reading the section on breeding for perfect IVs by cracking the PRNG and I want to know what i am doing wrong. please help

I set up the egg so it had the nature and ability i wanted

I ran several frame calibrations and got 8 for the frame every time, 600-610 for the delay, and 15 seconds every time

I found a spread that I liked under the frame of 8

I set the time and date as it said, one minute before. and i hit 15 seconds every time yet i have never gotten the spread i have been aiming for.
I have done over 50 tries to get this spread and it has never worked

What am i doing wrong?

I did it again and now it said No Initial Seed, Check Time and Date.

Can anybody help me?
Go to the Dppt seed finder, fill in the date, hours and minutes it was when you pressed continue, catch pokemon, fill the exact IV's and nature in, press find, choose the initial seed with a delay around 600, press OK.

Now check the shiny only box, fill in ID and SID, use method egg pid dppt normal, click generate, choose the top one, do the amount of taps and flips it tells you, then go to daycare, deposit the caught poke, give the two pokes to daycare lady, get the egg and hatch it.

Go to the Dppt seed finder, fill in the date, hours and minutes it was when you pressed continue, catch pokemon, fill the exact IV's and nature in, press find, choose the initial seed with a delay around 600, press OK.

Now check the shiny only box, fill in ID and SID, use method egg pid dppt normal, click generate, choose the top one, do the amount of taps and flips it tells you, then go to daycare, deposit the caught poke, give the two pokes to daycare lady, get the egg and hatch it.
Wow, brought it down a lot. Thanks, Ill try it then post my results after I eat :)

Roselia - #315 (Jolly)

that is what I get.
You need to put in exact IVs, not ranges such as 26-29.

Thats something else.. I dont have Rare Candies.
Download RNG rep 5.1
when you click dppt seed finder, youll be in the find initial seed by IV's part. to the right of that is the find initial seed by stats. Do the same as in my prvious post but go to the find initial seed by stats part, and instead of filling in the IV's just post the stats. be sure to catch a high lvl pokemon. fill in the rest at the find initial seed by stats screen (which poke, characteristics and lvl)

Download RNG rep 5.1
when you click dppt seed finder, youll be in the find initial seed by IV's part. to the right of that is the find initial seed by stats. Do the same as in my prvious post but go to the find initial seed by stats part, and instead of filling in the IV's just post the stats. be sure to catch a high lvl pokemon. fill in the rest at the find initial seed by stats screen (which poke, characteristics and lvl)
I did that and the Time and Date pop up comes up.

Does that mean my Time and Date are wrong? I dont udnerstand becuase I do it correctly. You are supposed to obtain the time from your monitor right? Or is it the time in game? I dont understand..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)