Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, as there is no single column with a list you just run down the line when you compare.

Catching a Pokemon is probably best at this point, as there is currently no tool to give a generic adjacent frames coin flip listing. I should probably do that at some point, or at least add adjacents searching to the capture time finder. Not really sure which way I want to go to be honest.

Please, can someone help me about the delay

And...I was playing with the time finder and I found Modest 31/31/31/30/30/31 spread Year 2100, what does it mean ?

I seemed to have had an initial frame of 3 when catching wild pokemon in Method J based on the math of the journal flipping/stepping. But whenever I abuse legends, I assume my initial frame is 1. I'm not sure though, because I think all the legend frames I've abused had dupes due to Synchronize, meaning I could have done the math incorrectly for all of them and still hit my target.

My question is, are initial frames for wild pokemon and legends in Method J always going to be the same? I'm asking because this shiny spread is 3400 flips, and I really don't want to have to do it twice. ¬.¬

EDIT: Forgot to add I have no runners out.

Quick question about when you catch a pokemon in any situation (shiny, iv, etc). If I have a synchronizer in the front of my party, and if it does work, will that mess up the calculations in the program?

Quick question about when you catch a pokemon in any situation (shiny, iv, etc). If I have a synchronizer in the front of my party, and if it does work, will that mess up the calculations in the program?
I'm not sure if it will mess up calculations to where it harms you. Most of the time, spreads of a nature achievable without a syncer are achievable with a syncer, at least this was the case with my Giratina.

Althos, read the OP.

Alright, I just want to confirm before I go at this with flipping journal pages:

If I land my target time/delay, the coin flips will match, so I'll know the seed is correct. The frame I want is 643. Azelf's starting frame is 1. So 642 / 2 = 321, so that is how many journal flips I make? If the journal pops up when you start the game with a capture, does that advance it as well?

(And...flipping the coin to check seed doesn't advance the frame, does it?)

The spread I chose was found without a sync nature specified. If I have a syncer anyway, will that affect my odds on landing it or not?

During calibration, I always nickname the Pokemon I catch as the time I resetted. I think the best place is Route 229. Have some Quick Balls ready beforehand.

During calibration, I always nickname the Pokemon I catch as the time I resetted.
...Why? It would be quicker/easier just to sync your DS clock with time.gov and watching the time on there.

Clawed:

321 flips. And yes, it counts as a flip if the journal pops up at the beginning of the game with a capture on it.

Alright, as I read, there is no way to actually determine how far the RNG advances when you sweet scent a pokemon. Is this true or is it predictable?
If its predictable, then it would be a great way of checking how many times you've flipped the journal, as it would allow you to also advance the RNG, so you could technically find your desired spread and then advance the frame until the number of RNG advances required is divisible by the amount that sweet scenting increases it by, then just sweet scent until your shiny (if that's what you want) comes up and you magically get your spread.
Of course, this would only work if you wanted to sweet scent a shiny, but it would still work.

Omg...ok, I just SR'd on Azelf, hit the right second, and flipped the coin 12 times and it matched--can I assume this is the right seed? (Holy crap, that was my third 'try' to get 723, and my previous ones were around 680...that's why I'm so skeptical...) I'm doing EE's method of SR'ing a few seconds early to get a higher delay without changing the date.

Also...can I assume that the game's default is frame 1? I'm obviously in Valor cavern, having previously saved in front of Azelf, and without the journal popping up at the start of the game. I have not done anything after hitting continue besides flip the coin. So if I make 321 journal flips right now without miscounting, I WILL hit my spread on Frame 643? Or is there any other conceivable factor that could result otherwise?

Edit: and as a extra question: when looking at my spread in the Method J, "Generate" list with my target seed entered in, there are two columns, one that says Frame, and one that says Actual--what does that mean? The number under Actual is the frame that the Time Finder gave me.

No, it isnt harder. I breed only in D/P as of now, but later I'm going to try platinum and keep resetting my files so I can get better shiny spreads. Cause I'm cheap. :D

The only real difference is the legends that can't be SRed in D/P, and if you don't have AR, there is no Magikarp Pond.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright, as I read, there is no way to actually determine how far the RNG advances when you sweet scent a pokemon. Is this true or is it predictable?
If its predictable, then it would be a great way of checking how many times you've flipped the journal, as it would allow you to also advance the RNG, so you could technically find your desired spread and then advance the frame until the number of RNG advances required is divisible by the amount that sweet scenting increases it by, then just sweet scent until your shiny (if that's what you want) comes up and you magically get your spread.
Of course, this would only work if you wanted to sweet scent a shiny, but it would still work.
It needs to be fully documented. You can do it, if you would like.

Omg...ok, I just SR'd on Azelf, hit the right second, and flipped the coin 12 times and it matched--can I assume this is the right seed? (Holy crap, that was my third 'try' to get 723, and my previous ones were around 680...that's why I'm so skeptical...) I'm doing EE's method of SR'ing a few seconds early to get a higher delay without changing the date.

You can assume that there is a 1:4096 chance that it is NOT the correct seed.
More matching flips = more certainty.

Also...can I assume that the game's default is frame 1? I'm obviously in Valor cavern, having previously saved in front of Azelf, and without the journal popping up at the start of the game. I have not done anything after hitting continue besides flip the coin. So if I make 321 journal flips right now without miscounting, I WILL hit my spread on Frame 643? Or is there any other conceivable factor that could result otherwise?

Have any runners out?

Edit: and as a extra question: when looking at my spread in the Method J, "Generate" list with my target seed entered in, there are two columns, one that says Frame, and one that says Actual--what does that mean? The number under Actual is the frame that the Time Finder gave me.

Sounds like you ran timefinder for Method 1. Don't use that as your frame or you'll fail, use the method J frame number.

Your image says,

"Press A to continue to to the game world."

...Why? It would be quicker/easier just to sync your DS clock with time.gov and watching the time on there.

Clawed:

321 flips. And yes, it counts as a flip if the journal pops up at the beginning of the game with a capture on it.
No, I do sync my DS and watch time, but it TAKES TIME to catch a Pokemon and put it in RNG reporter. I need to remember the time so I can put it in the RNG Reporter.

Okay. As soon as I find some time to, I'll work on it. I'm busy with my research seminar essay right now, but I should be able to after the 4th and in between.

Alright, I'll try a few more flips. And no, I don't have any runners out. Cresselia was doing annoying things to my journal flips while I was hatching Pokemon, so I caught it.

Hmm...I'm fairly certain that I did, in fact, run the timefinder for Method J. I had been planning all along to go after Shiny Legendaries first... So in this instance, should I aim for Frame 602 or 643?

Edit: Derp. I re-checked my excel document of Shiny Spreads that the Timefinder gave me for Method J, and it was, in fact, 602.

Just an addition to the frame advancement through Journal Flips:

Any obtained TM that appears on a page increases the frame by 1.
IE: TM90 was obtained.

Tested and confirmed.

Just an addition to the frame advancement through Journal Flips:

Any obtained TM that appears on a page increases the frame by 1.
IE: TM90 was obtained.

Tested and confirmed.
Did you notice if having obtained TM and caught poke is possible on 1 page, which would make it easier to advance to higher frames.

1. Is it just me or is Journal flipping now a good thing and do you have see it open when you start the game or can you just go to your Key Items and open it from there?
2. Has there been any updates on the Wondercard Pokemon?

1. Is it just me or is Journal flipping now a good thing and do you have see it open when you start the game or can you just go to your Key Items and open it from there?
2. Has there been any updates on the Wondercard Pokemon?
Wonder cards are generated in Method 1 with randomized natures, affected by moving NPCs, etc. Thus it's suggested to aim for a low target frame and use the journal from right after hitting continue instead of coin flipping to check your seed.

Did you notice if having obtained TM and caught poke is possible on 1 page, which would make it easier to advance to higher frames.
Nope, there wasn't a caught pokemon on that page.
I will test this later though ;)

@Giratinaman:

1. Yes, you can open it from via key items aswell.
2. I don't know.

So if I wanted to breed (which is most liikely) should I even catch a Pokemon anymore? Before the whole journal thing, we had to: catch, level up to 100, check IV's, etc.
Do we have to do that anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)