Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Holy crap...

I just found a Modest 25/26/22/28/18/31 SHINY Spread at Frame 1. Zomgwtfbbq. Is that even possible? In the future, how do I go about grabbing that?

(It's frame 1 for Method J and 18 for Method 1).

Thanks.
I know I couldn't find anything about abilities in the Article, but maybe I'm just less skilled at reading than I thought.
In the latest version of RNG Reporter, Mingot has included a pokedex that tells what ability 0 is and what ability 1 is. Its very handy.

Holy crap...

I just found a Modest 25/26/22/28/18/31 SHINY Spread at Frame 1. Zomgwtfbbq. Is that even possible? In the future, how do I go about grabbing that?

(It's frame 1 for Method J and 18 for Method 1).
Just hit your seed and talk to the poke for Method J. If I understand correctly there should be no need for RNG advancement at all. For Method 1, do it the normal way: subtract 5 initial frames, and advance with the journal/walking as needed.

The Chuff, it wasn't meant to sound scolding, just pointing out that though it would be nice to have a link to the article in the OP anyway, a lot of people (not necessarily referring to you) don't read it.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently the newest version answers that question anyway. XP That's what I get for using verison 4.6 still

Woah, WTH? I just realized I was using 4.6. I really need to update my Desktop to 5.2.
Also, While I'm here, maybe someone has advice.
For giratina,
31/4/31/xx/31/7
or
29/31/28/29/23/31

Both impish.

I just have read this first post twice and I am really confused. - surprise there huh? I don't get the concept of how your sid helps you find the frames that you are looking for. I get the time sync and the programs part, but how does your sid incorporate into the thing?

I just have read this first post twice and I am really confused. - surprise there huh? I don't get the concept of how your sid helps you find the frames that you are looking for. I get the time sync and the programs part, but how does your sid incorporate into the thing?

The secret id is only involved in finding shiny spreads.

Okay Tase.
I'll be getting lots more soon, I broadened my search.
Maybe I'll get some awesome ones, 133 results at 66% searched, but I'm sure there's about 10-12 unique ones.

All have 27+ in all defensive stats.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just an addition to the frame advancement through Journal Flips:

Any obtained TM that appears on a page increases the frame by 1.
IE: TM90 was obtained.

Tested and confirmed.
I just grabbed a TM90 from the game corner and no journal message. Any ideas on how to make it appear? Sometimes it's tricky, like defeated requiring 5 battles.

It would be nice to be able to do this as it would help with the walking around for even frames and make even frames easy with wondercard IV abuse.

So you can find normal stuff with amazing Iv's without your secret id?
Yes.

I'll test right now. I'll purchase TMs at the veilstone mart and see if I can get them to show up. Do purchases not show up?

Alright, I've been asking waaayyy too many questions the past day or two, but:

Target Frame: 602
-1 for Azelf's Starting frame
-5 for 128 steps with 5 pokes in party
= 596 / 2
= 298 Journal Flips. Correct?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I just grabbed a TM90 from the game corner and no journal message. Any ideas on how to make it appear? Sometimes it's tricky, like defeated requiring 5 battles.

It would be nice to be able to do this as it would help with the walking around for even frames and make even frames easy with wondercard IV abuse.
The TM obtained message seems to appear when you pick up a TM item ball. (I vaguely remember some other items possibly appearing like this as well, but I'm not certain at the moment).

My experience with item-obtained messages is that a caught/defeated entry on the same page overrides it (since I didn't take the item entry into account when flipping pages and still got the right frame).

I wasn't able to get the TM message to appear by getting three from the game corner, then I saved, SRed to see if it made a difference, it didn't so I bought two more, saved, SRed, still nothing.
On second note:
2 more possible spreads:
27/30/27/x/30/5
OR
28/13/31/21/29/30

Personally, I'd prefer the first one. Its got low speed which isnt a big deal in this case, its giratina.
Second has lower attack but better overall defenses and high speed.

The TM obtained message seems to appear when you pick up a TM item ball. (I vaguely remember some other items possibly appearing like this as well, but I'm not certain at the moment).

My experience with item-obtained messages is that a caught/defeated entry on the same page overrides it (since I didn't take the item entry into account when flipping pages and still got the right frame).
I was just testing this and you are right about both parts. To bad about it getting overrided by caught/defeated pokes.

Does the TM thing only advance by 1 or by 2 like caught pokemon.

Omg...ok, I just SR'd on Azelf, hit the right second, and flipped the coin 12 times and it matched--can I assume this is the right seed? (Holy crap, that was my third 'try' to get 723, and my previous ones were around 680...that's why I'm so skeptical...) I'm doing EE's method of SR'ing a few seconds early to get a higher delay without changing the date.

Also...can I assume that the game's default is frame 1? I'm obviously in Valor cavern, having previously saved in front of Azelf, and without the journal popping up at the start of the game. I have not done anything after hitting continue besides flip the coin. So if I make 321 journal flips right now without miscounting, I WILL hit my spread on Frame 643? Or is there any other conceivable factor that could result otherwise?

Edit: and as a extra question: when looking at my spread in the Method J, "Generate" list with my target seed entered in, there are two columns, one that says Frame, and one that says Actual--what does that mean? The number under Actual is the frame that the Time Finder gave me.
Rather than asking every single time you have a question, do some testing. Catch a pokemon, find your seed, then do some flips and see what the result is. That will tell you how much sweet scenting advances, the starting frame etc.
I wasn't able to get the TM message to appear by getting three from the game corner, then I saved, SRed to see if it made a difference, it didn't so I bought two more, saved, SRed, still nothing.
On second note:
2 more possible spreads:
27/30/27/x/30/5
OR
28/13/31/21/29/30

Personally, I'd prefer the first one. Its got low speed which isnt a big deal in this case, its giratina.
Second has lower attack but better overall defenses and high speed.
Not the place for this. Please stop posting these, it's actually quite annoying. Try the Discuss My Pokemon thread.

My question: Is there any way other than going to a frame, to find what particular pokemon appears in the wild on that frame?

Rather than asking every single time you have a question, do some testing. Catch a pokemon, find your seed, then do some flips and see what the result is. That will tell you how much sweet scenting advances, the starting frame etc.
The reason that I have to ask so many questions is that in the past, when testing things like Frame, my results are absolutely never consistent. If I test some factor or another and determine "ok, doing x results in y" if I try to use that knowledge to actually obtain something, x will suddenly result in z, no matter how careful I am. ><;

Speaking of which, I have a question about the Seed finder based on stats. I went and did journal flips to hit my shiny Azelf and it didn't work, so I'm pretty miffed. I entered its stats in, and RNG Reporter can't find the seed. I tried entering other times, figuring maybe, for some reason, my time was off, but nothing came back with any results. But there is one thing: My start time needed to be 23:01:00. Once I thought I hit the right seed, I closed the DS for a few hours while I tried to make sure of how to hit the frame. So by the time I actually caught the Azelf, it was past midnight of the next day. Is this the problem? I want to try again, but I don't want to go through more trouble only to have it not work and have no idea why.

At least with egg hatching, I liked that it was entirely methodical, and if you messed up anywhere, it was easy to find out why and correct it, but Legendaries seem to require a lot more guesswork, trial, and error...

Mingot, I just got an idea since I've made like 20 effing Notepad documents since I've started abusing Method J. >>

Does RNG Reporter (latest version) happen to have a feature that lets you "bookmark" spreads/seeds/time info you want to remember? If not, I think this would be a great addition for future versions. :)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Speaking of which, I have a question about the Seed finder based on stats. I went and did journal flips to hit my shiny Azelf and it didn't work, so I'm pretty miffed. I entered its stats in, and RNG Reporter can't find the seed. I tried entering other times, figuring maybe, for some reason, my time was off, but nothing came back with any results. But there is one thing: My start time needed to be 23:01:00. Once I thought I hit the right seed, I closed the DS for a few hours while I tried to make sure of how to hit the frame. So by the time I actually caught the Azelf, it was past midnight of the next day. Is this the problem? I want to try again, but I don't want to go through more trouble only to have it not work and have no idea why.

At least with egg hatching, I liked that it was entirely methodical, and if you messed up anywhere, it was easy to find out why and correct it, but Legendaries seem to require a lot more guesswork, trial, and error...
Well, if you got 12 matching coin flips you hit your seed, most likely. Did you generate with your seed, choosing method J and setting a synchronize nature to match what was in your party to get your best Method J frame?

Since the seed was right you probably could have just searched for what you had on that generated list. It was/is probably there, and probably nearby what you were looking for.

The initial seed finder will not find, it, though if you had to advance too far to get it. The initial seed finder only goes back so far for performance reasons, ESPECIALLY the "by stats" version. It goes back to a maximum offset of 500 (which is not the same thing as your frame, so for that it may only go back 3 or 4 hundred). If you can get the exact IVs, though you could use the "by IV" and click "Open search" which returns a ton of possible initial seeds. Most are garbage, but you might be able to use the delay to narrow it down.

Mingot, I just got an idea since I've made like 20 effing Notepad documents since I've started abusing Method J. >>

Does RNG Reporter (latest version) happen to have a feature that lets you "bookmark" spreads/seeds/time info you want to remember? If not, I think this would be a great addition for future versions. :)
Heh, not sure about that when you could just have one notepad document :P

Well, if you got 12 matching coin flips you hit your seed, most likely. Did you generate with your seed, choosing method J and setting a synchronize nature to match what was in your party to get your best Method J frame?
Well, see, the problem is: it likely was not my best Method J frame. I ran the time finder for an enormously huge search of Shiny seeds for every nature(or rather, did two searches: one for sweeper-ish IVs and one for defensive), so I'd have a huge list of possible seeds to consult, and then pick things from there, so I wouldn't have to run a new search every time (I planned on doing more tailored searches for things like near-flawless non-shinies). So nature/syncer weren't specified in that search.

Also, I did a few more coin flips and got up to 16 correct. So the seed was right.(Still amazed that the seed was right on the thrid try with no practing to figure out how to hit a delay 100 higher than my usual.) Also worried I won't be able to pull it off again... =P
Since the seed was right you probably could have just searched for what you had on that generated list. It was/is probably there, and probably nearby what you were looking for.

The initial seed finder will not find, it, though if you had to advance too far to get it. The initial seed finder only goes back so far for performance reasons, ESPECIALLY the "by stats" version. It goes back to a maximum offset of 500 (which is not the same thing as your frame, so for that it may only go back 3 or 4 hundred). If you can get the exact IVs, though you could use the "by IV" and click "Open search" which returns a ton of possible initial seeds. Most are garbage, but you might be able to use the delay to narrow it down.
Oh derp...*runs Method J generator* Ok...here it is...Mild, Frame 604. Well, I overshot by 2. =P Bah, thanks. Still not sure what went wrong in my Frame calculation, though--it seemed fairly sound, and I'm certain I didn't miscount the journal flips... It's a good thing this frame is fairly low...I'm sure it'd be a lot more frustrating to miss something like 4000 by a frame of 2.

... I did have a syncer though. Does having a syncer on a seed that was located without a sync nature specified help, hurt, or have no effect? I swear I read this somewhere, but can't find it.

EDIT: Whoa...running "generate" on that seed with sync nature specified turns up that exact same spread, but under like 30 different frame values... Gah, I wish I'd realized that. *facepalm* I'mma try again, but for one of the lower frame values that has the same spread adjacent to it a lot...

Do eggs count as pokemon in terms of stuff like advancing the seed by the number of pokemon in your party, and stuff?

Wow, I just realized how badly I butchered our language in that sentence. I apologize.

mingot

free agent
Well, see, the problem is: it likely was not my best Method J frame. I ran the time finder for an enormously huge search of Shiny seeds for every nature(or rather, did two searches: one for sweeper-ish IVs and one for defensive), so I'd have a huge list of possible seeds to consult, and then pick things from there, so I wouldn't have to run a new search every time (I planned on doing more tailored searches for things like near-flawless non-shinies). So nature/syncer weren't specified in that search.

Yep, I find it's best to just do Method 1 for a wide search where you save a copy of the spreadsheet (right click, save as CSV) and then when you actually want to catch something generate with the seed using Method J with a syncher of the nature of what you want to catch.

Also, I did a few more coin flips and got up to 16 correct. So the seed was right.(Still amazed that the seed was right on the thrid try with no practing to figure out how to hit a delay 100 higher than my usual.) Also worried I won't be able to pull it off again... =P

Oh derp...*runs Method J generator* Ok...here it is...Mild, Frame 604. Well, I overshot by 2. =P Bah, thanks. Still not sure what went wrong in my Frame calculation, though--it seemed fairly sound, and I'm certain I didn't miscount the journal flips...

Perhaps you didn't account for there being a capture on the first page? That counts. And after reading below did you get your frame number by generating with a synch nature set and use a sycher of that nature in game?

Do you have any wandering Pokemon loose?

Are you a perfectly precise counting machine? :P

It's a good thing this frame is fairly low...I'm sure it'd be a lot more frustrating to miss something like 4000 by a frame of 2.

... I did have a syncer though. Does having a syncer on a seed that was located without a sync nature specified help, hurt, or have no effect? I swear I read this somewhere, but can't find it.

It hurts, because it is probably NOT going to be what you were looking for and NOT on the same frame. Generate based on what you are going to do in game with regards to a syncher.
Do eggs count as pokemon in terms of stuff like advancing the seed by the number of pokemon in your party, and stuff?
Good question, can't remember. Will put it on todo list to figure out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)