Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In your post, something is wrong because you say you're at 1647 and did 204 flips, which is 2055. That is not 2065, probably just a typo somewhere.Yes the second was a typo, it should've been 1646 which is what I wrote earlier in the post.
The 1637 + 5 for walking is 1648, so you did something wrong since you're not at 1647.

When SS in cave, I think its 8+ previous monsters method 1 frame, and that number will get you your method J pokemon you would get next if you SS again.
See, that's the thing. Unless I'm getting ridiculously lucky every single time I have caught my target Heatran (11 so far), then I'm not doing anything wrong.

You used the Method J frame, I used the Method 1 frames.

Target 2065.

Current: 1646 +5(sweet scent), +1 (Heatran), +5(128 steps), +408(204 page flips)=2065

I have done the exact same thing every time I've targeted a frame so I'm very confused right now. As I said I've been taking the method 1 frame of my SS pokemon and have advanced from there and still hit my target.

I know for sure (unless this is because I'm using method 1) that SS is +5 in caves because when I have tested initially I have always had +6 (an extra 1 for Heatran) for method J of my SS pokemon.

Again sorry if this is nonsensical.

See, that's the thing. Unless I'm getting ridiculously lucky every single time I have caught my target Heatran (11 so far), then I'm not doing anything wrong.

You used the Method J frame, I used the Method 1 frames.

Target 2065.

Current: 1646 +5(sweet scent), +1 (Heatran), +5(128 steps), +408(204 page flips)=2065

I have done the exact same thing every time I've targeted a frame so I'm very confused right now. As I said I've been taking the method 1 frame of my SS pokemon and have advanced from there and still hit my target.

I know for sure (unless this is because I'm using method 1) that SS is +5 in caves because when I have tested initially I have always had +6 (an extra 1 for Heatran) for method J of my SS pokemon.

Again sorry if this is nonsensical.
You are making sense. The way you typed the previous post just jumpled up some numbers to make it not make sense, but what you did is right, and is what I said. What you are doing is right, but since you keep saying SS +5 it was throwing me off. The pokemon you catch frame 1 + 7 (8) in cave for SS is the next poke you will get in method J. The reason why it is different for you is because you are not SS a 2nd time after you capture a pokemon. So you have done everything right, there has just been some understanding by both of us.

The +5 is what frame the next pokemon will go to plus that pokemons frame. So it is 6 total for legends, 7 for SS cause it consumes one seed, and 8 when you SS in a cave.

US marriage - thanks for putting together what looks like a guide to wichus program but there is a problem. The min and max thing is not the delay range, that is just asking for how many possible results would you like returned for you if you wanted to split up your search. I have talked with wichu myself and that is what he said its for. The delay range is automatically in the program, I forgot what it is.

I have a question regarding Wichu's Programm and RNG Reporter DPPt Real Spread.

If I run the seed at Method J. I can't find some Spreads. However I find it WITH a Syncronizer.

Does it count as possible encounter Pokémon ?

I have a question regarding Wichu's Programm and RNG Reporter DPPt Real Spread.

If I run the seed at Method J. I can't find some Spreads. However I find it WITH a Syncronizer.

Does it count as possible encounter Pokémon ?
Yeah, I think it does, just make sure you do use the Syncher.

I just want to make sure of something... in the frame calibration phase, do you reset your DS as soon as an external clock hits the next minute like the initial calibration phase, or do you just go on normally after you adjust the date?

I just want to make sure of something... in the frame calibration phase, do you reset your DS as soon as an external clock hits the next minute like the initial calibration phase, or do you just go on normally after you adjust the date?
It really doesn't matter but it is better if you do it on the minute as to find out how many seconds it takes you. The main reasons for calibration are to find your delay and seconds. If you already know your seconds then just SR at anytime.

It really doesn't matter but it is better if you do it on the minute as to find out how many seconds it takes you. The main reasons for calibration are to find your delay and seconds. If you already know your seconds then just SR at anytime.
I already know my seconds (18), so I guess it doesn't matter the time I SR. Thanks for the help :toast:.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hmm...

I was using Wichu's program to find a Timid shiny spread, but I couldn't find the seed with Method J so far, even with a sync. I'm in the process of generating more spreads using Time finder, but what got me was that I did end up with a Bold Shiny spread that has the exact same IVs in the exact same spots .-. Is that normal?

Hmm...

I was using Wichu's program to find a Timid shiny spread, but I couldn't find the seed with Method J so far, even with a sync. I'm in the process of generating more spreads using Time finder, but what got me was that I did end up with a Bold Shiny spread that has the exact same IVs in the exact same spots .-. Is that normal?
Yes it is. I have seen some of those myself.

What do you mean find a Timid spread from wichus program. Are you trying to get it in RNG reporter? Find it in method 1 in the list generated for the seed, and then try in syncher around that. I never had a problem finding it.

If you want, you can post the seed and spread info.

Hello knowledgable people. (:

so far all of my SIDs have been five digits;

in my new breeding file, it seems to be four digits - is this right? <;

is it that the first digit is a 0? If so, do I enter it into the RNG Reporter (etc) as 0xxxx or simply xxxx?

thanks. ^___^

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Yes it is. I have seen some of those myself.

What do you mean find a Timid spread from wichus program. Are you trying to get it in RNG reporter? Find it in method 1 in the list generated for the seed, and then try in syncher around that. I never had a problem finding it.

If you want, you can post the seed and spread info.
Yeah nevermind, tweaked some stuff around myself and found the seed I was looking for on Method J. :'D Thanks, though.

It's female though wot :< Wanted male.

If delay is roughly 60/second, why do I keep getting delays of 620-640 but seconds of 20+? Shouldn't the seconds be about 10.5 if the delay is 620?

It's roughly. For example, my usually time is 14 seconds, and a delay between 600-620. So I should technically be around 840.

But one quick question. When going for shiny eggs, does time affect the IRNG. Like I've got one that's got alot of taps, and I've got to go do something, so is it possible for it to change itself while I'm going and before I finish the taps.

If delay is roughly 60/second, why do I keep getting delays of 620-640 but seconds of 20+? Shouldn't the seconds be about 10.5 if the delay is 620?
The time it takes the game to load varies for every person, but the starting screen takes about 10 seconds to go through. Any extra time is just the game loading, and does not affect the delay.

Thanks for the help, oddsok, Rona, and LightningFusion!

According to Viletung's site, there are 3 fully flawless spreads:

seed 52140289, Modest
seed d2140289, Timid
seed 3f0b02aa, Modest

However, when I use those seeds to find their respective delays for a given year in RNG Reporter and then use the Time Finder (searching within the appropriate year/delay combination and within 1000 frames), the program only lists the first of those 3 seeds. Are the other two at higher frames than 100, or what's the deal?

Thanks!

Ok, I've been trying to lock onto a shiny egg using Syberia's Japanese ditto. However, for whatever reason I am not finding any shinies. I decided to check and make sure I was getting the same results the RNG reporter told me I should find. After finding my initial seed, the first egg matched up just as it was supposed to. However, the second egg that hatched was shiny! It had the correct nature and ability but was shiny when the RNG reporter showed it as just a normal egg. I have no idea why this happened and am now extremely confused. I've used this cart for shiny breeding before and have never had any trouble with it, so I'm certain my SID is correct. Help?

riddlinkid @ I'm guessing you might've put your SID wrong, as SID determines shinyness..

I just tried using Wichu's program, but it's only giving me like 5 spreads when I searched for 20+/20+/20+/20+/20+/20+ ANY nature 0~2000 frames 596~704 delays.. (NON-shiny) What's up with that?

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ok, I've been trying to lock onto a shiny egg using Syberia's Japanese ditto. However, for whatever reason I am not finding any shinies. I decided to check and make sure I was getting the same results the RNG reporter told me I should find. After finding my initial seed, the first egg matched up just as it was supposed to. However, the second egg that hatched was shiny! It had the correct nature and ability but was shiny when the RNG reporter showed it as just a normal egg. I have no idea why this happened and am now extremely confused. I've used this cart for shiny breeding before and have never had any trouble with it, so I'm certain my SID is correct. Help?
That sounds something like you missed one coin flip, so the first egg was one frame before the next correct egg. Not exactly certain, though. I do remember hearing that it's possible to skip coin flips and just receive the egg till it's the right one. :x Coin flips just advance by one, while a whole party advances the IRNG by 12 with happiness taps.

riddlinkid @ I'm guessing you might've put your SID wrong, as SID determines shinyness..

I just tried using Wichu's program, but it's only giving me like 5 spreads when I searched for 20+/20+/20+/20+/20+/20+ ANY nature 0~2000 frames 596~704 delays.. (NON-shiny) What's up with that?
I said in my post that I am using the same SID that I used when breeding my other shinies (I saved it in notepad so I couldn't forget it), so unless it magically changed after that I have it in correctly. I don't know how to check it either, so unless someone wants to double check it for me I can't really tell what it is.

Edit: Sephirona - This wasn't me trying to get a shiny egg, I just found my initial seed and started hatching eggs to make sure everything was as it should be, and the second egg happened to be a fluke shiny that was not listed as one in RNG reporter. I'm trying to figure out why (assuming my SID is correct) that would have happened.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I said in my post that I am using the same SID that I used when breeding my other shinies (I saved it in notepad so I couldn't forget it), so unless it magically changed after that I have it in correctly. I don't know how to check it either, so unless someone wants to double check it for me I can't really tell what it is.

Edit: Sephirona - This wasn't me trying to get a shiny egg, I just found my initial seed and started hatching eggs to make sure everything was as it should be, and the second egg happened to be a fluke shiny that was not listed as one in RNG reporter. I'm trying to figure out why (assuming my SID is correct) that would have happened.
The shininess is determined separately from the IVs, so were you trying to go by a list of egg frames by pinpointing IVs? Maybe you had advanced the frame before to get a shiny but miss-tapped/flipped, and didn't do anything else to advance the IRNG after that. Then you'd just have hatched up to the right egg with a different set of IVs afterwards D:

riddlinkid, did you have your RNG reporter set for international parents

also, on another note going to begin IV abuse soon hope its not too hard

The shininess is determined separately from the IVs, so were you trying to go by a list of egg frames by pinpointing IVs? Maybe you had advanced the frame before to get a shiny but miss-tapped/flipped, and didn't do anything else to advance the IRNG after that. Then you'd just have hatched up to the right egg with a different set of IVs afterwards D:
No, I know how shininess is determined. This has absolutely nothing to do with IVs. There was no tapping/flipping involved. All I did was start my game, sweet scent and find my seed, then start hatching eggs. I don't know why, I was just being driven crazy by the fact that none of my eggs were shiny when they were before every other time I had done this. So upon finding my initial seed I generated all Egg PIDs from that seed. First egg I hatched was Brave, Ability 0, which matched the first frame of the list. The second was Hasty, Ability 1, which also matched, but was shiny even though the generated list said it would be a non-shiny egg. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th eggs also matched nature/ability. I am trying to figure out why my shiny eggs are not in the same spots as the RNG Reporter says they should be, when my ID and SID are entered correctly.

Edit: Yes, I had it set for DPPt Egg PID International, my parents were Syb's Japanese Ditto and a pokemon bred on my own (English) game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)