Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Good job Misdreavus, you can now enjoy the hell of breeding !

I have just realised something about breeding. If i got the good seed, i still need to hatch then save before checking my IV if do not want to loose all my rare candy.
So if i'm one frame off, like i'm now, it means i must restart the breeding from scratch.
The good thing is i got my seed on the first try...

Chaos669, riddlinkid... you're confusing me here ^^;
Sorry, i didn't realize this was for breeding. The spreads are all the same for every game. the only thing your SID and ID effect are where different shiny spreads are. So when you're breeding, if you've found a great spread you can hit very easily, you can use that same seed/spread on another game once you've locked onto the egg you want.

I'm in need of some help. I've managed to do some calibration, here is my data (NOT in chronological order):

14 590
14 592
14 594
14 596
14 596
14 596
14 598
14 598
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 602
14 604
14 604
14 606
14 608
14 608
14 614

I know I have consistent seconds, but my delay has a pretty high range. Should I do more calibration or just try to start RNG abusing now? I'm doing it for eggs, btw.

I'm in need of some help. I've managed to do some calibration, here is my data (NOT in chronological order):

14 590
14 592
14 594
14 596
14 596
14 596
14 598
14 598
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 600
14 602
14 604
14 604
14 606
14 608
14 608
14 614

I know I have consistent seconds, but my delay has a pretty high range. Should I do more calibration or just try to start RNG abusing now? I'm doing it for eggs, btw.
It looks like your Delay of 600 is the most consistent, so I'd go with that. I had a similar problem, except that NONE of my delays were the same. It takes a bit of time, but you should be able to eventually know at wat time to reset for y delay.

Ok I'm hoping I'm asking this in the right place. I have been trying to find my sid and everything is working right but when I try to convert my trainer id from dec to a binary number its coming out as an 18 digit binary number and it says it should be 16 digits. Anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Ok I'm hoping I'm asking this in the right place. I have been trying to find my sid and everything is working right but when I try to convert my trainer id from dec to a binary number its coming out as an 18 digit binary number and it says it should be 16 digits. Anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong?
If you download the lastest version of RNG reporter, there is a IVs to PID option I believe that allows you to also put your ID in and it will calculate a SID for you from a shiny pokemon you randomly encountered and caught. You can also ask in SQSA thread.

There is an easier way to do it. If you have a caught shiny that wasn't pokeradared then post its IVs, nature and your ID and I can calculate it for you using RNG Reporter or you can do it yourself using the IV->PID tool.

So, for my future RNG exploits, I had another question. I know you all told me that seed 52140289 was guaranteed to be a Ditto in the Trophy Garden (if he's there, of course). How do we know what Pokémon appears on what frame? Is that related to what Wild Eep has been working on with the encounter rates? It seems like this would be something very useful to know in order to get great spreads on catchable Pokémon without having to breed (if you don't need Egg moves).

Also, I saw a post awhile back about possibly trying to crack FR/LG (R/S too?) and Colo/XD's RNG... I'd definitely be interested in hearing about that when/if research is conducted on it!

EDIT: Changed frame 52140289 to seed 52140289 :)

Misdreavus, I'm pretty sure it does have to do with the encounter slots and on what frames you can hit certain ones. (Have fun getting to frame 52140289 for that Ditto xD). Although I don't quite understand the formula or what Eep, LF and Mingot were discussing, I'm sure they'll crack it and put up a simplified version for us dummies :P.

So, for my future RNG exploits, I had another question. I know you all told me that frame 52140289 was guaranteed to be a Ditto in the Trophy Garden (if he's there, of course). How do we know what Pokémon appears on what frame? Is that related to what Wild Eep has been working on with the encounter rates? It seems like this would be something very useful to know in order to get great spreads on catchable Pokémon without having to breed (if you don't need Egg moves).

Also, I saw a post awhile back about possibly trying to crack FR/LG (R/S too?) and Colo/XD's RNG... I'd definitely be interested in hearing about that when/if research is conducted on it!
Yea, go over Wild Eeps post several times and you should get it. The ditto we told you about was found out by me first, where I just went through the flawless frames and hoped to get ditto. The modest one happened to work. FR/LG is somewhat broken if you have save states, and Colo/XD needs to be researched. I don't know how you would start doing that, and don't have the consoles necessary.

Just planning to get a Jolly not shiny.
The only possible explanation is you making some sort of mistake whether it be in taps or something along the lines of not having the right number of pokemon in your party or leaving the Happiness app open when flying or leaving/entering buildings.

Whenever I hit the find button on the Seed Finder it has told me to check my time and IVs. I didn't have this problem on any previous versions of it. What am I doing wrong, or, can I download 5.10 which didn't give me this problem?

guy's i'm looking for someone who can sorta guide me through and tutor me in RNG abuse for ivs. anyone?
It's really hard to explain it any easier than it is in the OP.

Read through the OP and ask any questions you have here, then give it a shot and ask any questions you have after that. It's much easier for us when you have specific questions.

ok . here is my biggest problem, my delay in not consistent but my seconds remain 14 80% of the time. the problem i face is i can't understand the part of subtracting seconds then subtracting a minute and then reseting on top of a minute

ok . here is my biggest problem, my delay in not consistent but my seconds remain 14 80% of the time. the problem i face is i can't understand the part of subtracting seconds then subtracting a minute and then reseting on top of a minute
First of all no ones delays are consistent. It's really hard even for me to hit a delay, and really does rely upon concentration and a lot of luck, so trying over and over is going to be a regular.

Subtracting seconds? What exactly are you doing? Breeding, wild or legendary abuse? You shouldn't be subtracting seconds because you should be aiming for a spread with the seconds that you consistently get, in your case 14.

The best way to be able to SR on the minute is to be using an outside clock and sync it with your DS clock so you can SR exactly on the minute and hit continue at X Minute, 14 seconds.

Synchronize Time
- Take your target time and remove the seconds and then subtract one full minute. For example: 12:05:30 becomes 12:04:00.

Reset Time - Take your target time and subtract what you determined your seconds value was during calibration. For example: (assuming a seconds value of 15) 12:05:30 becomes 12:05:15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)