Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

That means exactly what I said:

You know your seconds are 14 so if you're aiming for say 12:30:14 you would want to reset at 12:30:00, if you were aiming for 12:30:30 then you'd reset at 12:30:16.

The extra minute is so you have enough time to start up the game again and then soft reset. You wouldn't be able to set the clock to 12:30:00 and still hit your target time, but if you set it to 12:29:00 then that gives you an extra minute.

so once i set it to 12:29:00 i just go in and mash a and hope i go it right?
No, you go into the game and then soft reset on the minute and then mash and hope for the best.

You do have to aim for a certain time though, and it will make it easier if the seconds of that time are the same that it takes you to enter the game, just eliminates the step of working out when to SR, since you can just do it on the minute.

ok so in steps.
1: start DS at 12:29:00 assuming i want to hit 12:20:14
2: enter game and wait till 12:29:59'
3: as soon as it goes to 12:30:00 i press the R button (all other were held) triggering the SR.
4: MASH MASH MASH MASH MASH
5: hatch and pray?

Yes, that's correct Deathwish - assuming your seconds remain consistent at 14.

If you still don't understand I suggest you re-read the OP

Bump again. Come on someone please help me real quick
Go to the simple questions and answers thread.

Deathwish-ex: Yes that is how you do it mainly. You just have to find out the frame of the egg, and then go for one that is good for that frame or a higher frame that can be obtained by flipping the journal.

Go to the simple questions and answers thread.

Deathwish-ex: Yes that is how you do it mainly. You just have to find out the frame of the egg, and then go for one that is good for that frame or a higher frame that can be obtained by flipping the journal.
I tired, but it says "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I have a question about the shinyfinder app. When trying to get a shiny shoudl I hit continue on the exact minute that was given to me? EG if the time to get a shiny is 1:38 should I aim to hit continue at 1:38:00? If so what do I need target time for? If I should start at 1:38:00 that would explain why I haven't had success yet but please help.

I tired, but it says "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
That said something about email. You just need to go to the thread below this that is stuck below this. Link

Tirsus - I would try to help but I have never used it before. I would assume the guide may have an answer. I think it would be to hit continue at that time unless you have an option to put in your own seconds, which you would SR when you can get that second.

That said something about email. You just need to go to the thread below this that is stuck below this. Link

Tirsus - I would try to help but I have never used it before. I would assume the guide may have an answer. I think it would be to hit continue at that time unless you have an option to put in your own seconds, which you would SR when you can get that second.
Thanks much Fusion!

Your question was largely skipped over for the most part, so I'll take the time to answer it.

It's best to research your spread prior to abuse, and then obtain parents that can fill in the necessary A/B slots. Usually, you can get away with double/single flawless pokemon and end up getting complete flawless pokemon.

Alternatively, you could obtain a flawless Ditto (like Syberia's or LightningFusion's) and find spreads that only use A/A/A or B/B/B for inheritance. This allows you to use horrible parents and end up with flawless pokemon.
Ok, thanks for the help. Where would I get Syberia's or LightningFusion's Ditto? How did they get theirs btw?

@bbq: They got there's through RNG abuse. And most people around here have them. Just put up a post in the simple request thread asking for one of them. I'd offer you one, but I just traded away my last non-personal use one, and I don't have an AR. sorry.

I'm trying to understand how the Wild stuff works. And I want a Shin Dratini. But how do I calculate to see if I can get it?

ID,SID: 64833,36682
Seed: 8e17029f
Method J Frame: 4697
Method 1 Frame: 4696 (?)
PID Method 1: 2272 32CE

So that will be 19. According to mingots table it will be:
Slot 0: 0-19 20%

And this is the table from the website:

Fishing (Super Rod)
  • Density: 75
  • L40 GYARADOS (30)
  • L20 DRATINI (15)
  • L55 GYARADOS (40)
  • L35 DRAGONAIR (15)
  • L40 DRAGONAIR (15)
So if i understand it correctly, I will get a L40 Gyarados (30)???

Need some help with frame calibration! So, I calibrated 5 times, and got different results, I'm confused. Here, in chronological order:

Frame 8
Frame 5
Frame 6
Frame 7
Frame 7

Should I keep calibrating and see which frame is most consistent or just lean on 7 and hope I fluke it? Thoughts?

Okay, I'm going for a spread on frame 4 for the shiny Eevee I'm breeding. If I get on a frame of 2, can I use the journal and flip a page to move up to frame four, or will that not work? And if it does, is it okay if I just let it pop up by itself, or should i do it myself the second the game starts?

Okay, I'm going for a spread on frame 4 for the shiny Eevee I'm breeding. If I get on a frame of 2, can I use the journal and flip a page to move up to frame four, or will that not work? And if it does, is it okay if I just let it pop up by itself, or should i do it myself the second the game starts?
Yes that works, and have it pop up automatically, or else you will most likely not get frame 4 because of NPCs.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I have a question about the shinyfinder app. When trying to get a shiny shoudl I hit continue on the exact minute that was given to me? EG if the time to get a shiny is 1:38 should I aim to hit continue at 1:38:00? If so what do I need target time for? If I should start at 1:38:00 that would explain why I haven't had success yet but please help.
There's a box where you write your usual seconds (i.e. 14 or 15) and the ShinyFinder will calculate times based on that amount. You should aim to soft reset at 1:38:00 and press A at continue at 1:38:14. :>

Need some help with frame calibration! So, I calibrated 5 times, and got different results, I'm confused. Here, in chronological order:

Frame 8
Frame 5
Frame 6
Frame 7
Frame 7

Should I keep calibrating and see which frame is most consistent or just lean on 7 and hope I fluke it? Thoughts?
I would advise you to do it a few more times. Its easier when your sure that's the Frame your going for.

There's a box where you write your usual seconds (i.e. 14 or 15) and the ShinyFinder will calculate times based on that amount. You should aim to soft reset at 1:38:00 and press A at continue at 1:38:14. :>
Ahhhh so that's what I've been doing wrong all this time. Why thank you rona.

Frame 8
Frame 5
Frame 6
Frame 7
Frame 7

Yeah, trying making it so that you only have 1 cowgirl on screen tops. Then save. If she doesn't move for a few seconds, then start checking it. If she takes a step like right after the save, then she'll move the second you load the game. This way the NPCs cant mess with you.

Deleting the EXE is uninstalling it.

Information about the error would be helpful.
Sorry I haven't been on much during the weekend.

Well every time I start up the program even after deleting the exe file and downloading it again, I get this message in the error box:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in you application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately.

Configuration system failed to initialize.

As I said, when I try to use the application like normal, clicking Generate in the main window also makes this error pop up, not to mention, it doesn't save my ID and SID anymore.

There are more details in the form of a dialog box that I can copy if you want to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)