Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I apologize about the Buneary statement. I think Mingot nailed it and I was mistaking the other NPCs in town that aren't visible on screen for the Buneary. For me, it seemed as if the Buneary's movements coincided with my results so I was mistaken.

As for the coin flip, yes, I do that as well. However, you may not always get a result from flips unless you have a larger range of frames displayed. Sometimes I feel safer checking my seed by catching a Pokemon, but you're right, the coin flip is a quicker and easier way to check the seed and delay.

All of that aside, I just hatched an egg with a spread that I can't seem to find anywhere. There is a spread that looks very close to it, but one of the IVs doesn't match. I used the coin flip ap and searched by coin flips and mistakenly thought I landed on my correct delay, but it turns out it wasn't. I suppose I can keep this one as I had to save to check the IVs, but I'm just wondering what happened.

Mingot, could you please add the following feature?

Egg PID shiny nature optimal seed finder:

You enter your Trainer ID and SID, the nature you want, shiny/not shiny and the maximum frame. It would then generate results using the "Egg PID DPPt (Normal)" method, starting from a random seed and see if there's any matches for your nature and shiny factor that are <= the maximum frame you chose. If it didn't find any matches, it would decrease/increase/randomize the seed and repeat everything. It'd then store all the matches and sort them like the Egg PID method does now.

This would come in very handy when trying to get a shiny egg with a certain nature. It's exactly what I've been doing to get my eggs. That way you don't have to hope for a seed with good natures, since you can just use the "Seed to time" function and then soft reset to that time.

OK, RNG Questions (again).

Frame Calibration Phase (I'm in step 2-4): Can Egg Glitch be utilized? That way, if it has the wrong nature, I'll keep it in the PC and take another egg.

Always in the Frame Calibration Phase (I'm in Step 8):
First I hatched the Pokémon with the right nature. Next I reset without saving. Then, I have to set the date two days after my current date. Finally I have to turn on my DS, continue the game, take the egg as quickly as possible and catch a wild Pokemon immediately. Must I catch a Pokemon that lives in the routes nearby? I really want to Fly and catch higher level Pokemon in other routes. I don't have the necessary amount of Rare Candies.

Always in the Frame Calibration Phase (I'm in Step 10): When I hatch the Egg (and since I have to narrow the IVs of the newborn) can I train it by leveling it up?

P.S, I need immediate help.
P.S.S, Sorry if it's a Ditto of my previous post. They told me to ask here, so I did. I ask apologies.

Mingot, could you please add the following feature?

Egg PID shiny nature optimal seed finder:

You enter your Trainer ID and SID, the nature you want, shiny/not shiny and the maximum frame. It would then generate results using the "Egg PID DPPt (Normal)" method, starting from a random seed and see if there's any matches for your nature and shiny factor that are <= the maximum frame you chose. If it didn't find any matches, it would decrease/increase/randomize the seed and repeat everything. It'd then store all the matches and sort them like the Egg PID method does now.

This would come in very handy when trying to get a shiny egg with a certain nature. It's exactly what I've been doing to get my eggs. That way you don't have to hope for a seed with good natures, since you can just use the "Seed to time" function and then soft reset to that time.

This sounds a lot like MinusOne's program. Maybe you should look at it. The download is at the end of the first post and instructions I think somewhere after that.

Califa:

Question 1: Don't know what you're talking about, so maybe someone else can help you here.

2: Yes you can fly there, it doesn't change anything.

3: Yes you can level it up. Obviously you have to keep track for the EVs based on the pokemon you battle.

Califa:

Question 1: Don't know what you're talking about, so maybe someone else can help you here.

2: Yes you can fly there, it doesn't change anything.

3: Yes you can level it up. Obviously you have to keep track for the EVs based on the pokemon you battle.
LOL! Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I really appreciate the help! ^_^

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I have one question.
I was resetting Mesprit on my Pearl with the following info

Seed: ff170286
Offset: 983
Modest 30/2/31/30/30/30

Hidden Power Fighting 70!

So I'm using method 1 with modest nature and doing 489 journal flips.
The first time i got a wrong Mesprit but I thought that it was my fault (journal flips) but the second time i got the same mesprit =/

Jolly
30/30/30/12/19/5
Offset: 984
What is happening :[?

I have one question.
I was resetting Mesprit on my Pearl with the following info

Seed: ff170286
Offset: 983
Modest 30/2/31/30/30/30

Hidden Power Fighting 70!

So I'm using method 1 with modest nature and doing 489 journal flips.
The first time i got a wrong Mesprit but I thought that it was my fault (journal flips) but the second time i got the same mesprit =/

Jolly
30/30/30/12/19/5
Offset: 984
What is happening :[?
Did you save in front of Mesprit? Once you "speak" to Mesprit, it's nature and IVs are set.

If you aimed for Frame 983, and are hitting the frame 984, the only explanation is that you have another runner released, what increases your frame by 1.

Since Mesprit's starting frame is 5, and you did 489 flips, you should hit frame 983 exactly.

Im about to start my legend abuse,but i can't seem to get the time finder to find anything. Max frame is set to 1000. Any reason why its not coming up with anything?

Are you searching for ridiculous like 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny? If so, that's probably your reason. There aren't many good spreads on easy-to-hit delays and low frames. Try expanding your range to maybe 10000 frames and don't be as picky with IVs.

Are you searching for ridiculous like 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny? If so, that's probably your reason. There aren't many good spreads on easy-to-hit delays and low frames. Try expanding your range to maybe 10000 frames and don't be as picky with IVs.
That was exactly what i was doing :P

Or don't look for a shiny. Non-shinies are easy to find with pretty much perfect IVs. Try Viletung's website for a list of all known good spreads, including their seeds and delays, you can put the seed into Seed-to-Time in RNG reporter to get your target time.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
If you aimed for Frame 983, and are hitting the frame 984, the only explanation is that you have another runner released, what increases your frame by 1.

Since Mesprit's starting frame is 5, and you did 489 flips, you should hit frame 983 exactly.
No I don't I guess that my game has one initial frame for default, is that possible?

Btw, i already got the mesprit, but i still want to know what is happening xP

Im trying to abuse Heatran, i found the spread i want, but my question is this.. Can i save the game in front of him and then SR and enter game world and use to the coin flip trick to check if i hit my delay? Or do i have to flip the pages 1st then talk to it?

You have to flip the pages before talking to Heatran, but you can do the coin flips before you flip the pages. Just open your journal from the items bag.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying to catch a flawless HP Ground Snover in Diamond, but it seems that the coin flips do not match the ones listed in RNG Reporter, not even close. These are just a few results:

Code:
Nature	IVs	        Delay	Seconds	Reporter Flips  Actual Flips	
Quiet	5-15-29-5-29-31	686	13	HHHTTHHHTH	TTHTTHHTHT
Naïve	14-29-23-1-4-12	684	14	HHHHHHHTTT	HHHTHHHTHH
Timid	6-1-2-28-31-6	689	13	TTTHHTHHTT	TTTHTTTHTH
Timid	3-0-12-30-26-6	686	14	HTTHHTHHTT	TTHHTTHHHH
Hardy	4-23-19-6-20-4	701	14	HHTTTTTTHT	HHHHHHHHTT
These were done on May 29, 2009, at 6:03:14. Removing the cart from the GBA slot also did not change the delay from odd\even; I had to change the year to 2008 to get the seed I was aiming for. (And even then, I couldn't Sweet Scent in the snow, so I missed the right frame.)

okay i see Thanks, and by fliping the coins it wont advance the frames?
Yes you can without advancing it. Coin flipping only affects the IRNG, which is the RNG used for Eggs.

Omega, unless you made a mistake somewhere, I think you may be looking at the method 1 or method J coin order. You should be looking at the Egg PID. I don't know what else but it is probably an error in a number somewhere where the time/date doesn't match from the ds and RNG reporter.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes you can without advancing it. Coin flipping only affects the IRNG, which is the RNG used for Eggs.

Omega, unless you made a mistake somewhere, I think you may be looking at the method 1 or method J coin order. You should be looking at the Egg PID. I don't know what else but it is probably an error in a number somewhere where the time/date doesn't match from the ds and RNG reporter.
That's why I put down my data in my post. If you look at Egg PID (Normal) for the delays I put down, and compare them to what's in my post, you'll see I was looking at the correct list.

Also I'm very certain the time\date are correct. I used the Seed Finder to pinpoint the delays; if I had the date\time wrong it would have trouble finding the seed.

Note that I'm only having trouble with this on Diamond. I suspect that in Diamond, coin flips advance the IRNG all the same but the coin results are not determined by the ability number.

That's why I put down my data in my post. If you look at Egg PID (Normal) for the delays I put down, and compare them to what's in my post, you'll see I was looking at the correct list.

Also I'm very certain the time\date are correct. I used the Seed Finder to pinpoint the delays; if I had the date\time wrong it would have trouble finding the seed.

Note that I'm only having trouble with this on Diamond.
You wouldn't necessarily have trouble finding your seed because everything else only affects the seconds or delay. The only major thing that if it was wrong that would make it impossible to find would be the hour. So maybe you do, but I think you would make that mistake. I'll look more into it, but I'm busy currently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)