Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Whoa no. You *really* need to re-read the OP before asking any more questions. Please read the instructions for capturing perfect Pokemon. The happiness application has nothing to do with the process.

Also: Actual is NOT frame number, so if you are targeting a frame use the column named frame.

There is an Action Replay code if you have one. The only other way is to get someone else with a flash card to check it for you. Look around the trade threads; some people offer SID checking as a service.

Im going after Heatran right now. Im trying to land my delay of 593, but my question is where do i get the results for my delay in coin flips?

Copy and paste the seed into the main RNG Reporter window, select DPPt Egg PID (normal) and hit generate. You have to read down the "Coin" column. i.e. if the first row is Tails, then that is your first flip, the second row is the second flip etc...

I seem to be having problems hitting my target time, as the Coin Flips in game never match the ones generated by RNG Reporter. In theory, I am hitting my target time, as the external clock hits the target time almost exactly as I hit "Continue". What could I be doing wrong? Is the Seed I enter into the main reporter the one generated in the Time Finder section?

I just can't seem to get this to work...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok here goes nothing:

NOTE: This is my first attempt at an RNG, please tell me if anything is obviously wrong.

Ok, I'm trying to get a shiny 13/31/28/31/31/30 Mild Ralts.
Its Seed is: 10150260
Its PID is: 91A254EB
The year is: 2009
My Min/Max Delay Range is: 598 - 614

So I'm in the part where you can catch Ralts (Route 208). I'm in the grass and I save, switch off and synchronize so I will hit my target time (2009 01 01 21:00:15) and I'm fairly confident that I hit my target time. I then procede to advance the RNG by journal flipping, I'm also fairly confident that this goes off without a hitch. The Frame I'm trying to hit is 191. This is down to 190 to begin with because Mesprit is running around somewhere (idk lol). So I flip until I get to 188 and then walk forward two steps.... Nothing happens.

So some questions:

1. What is the starting frame number? Is it always the same? What affects it?

2. Even if the NPCs are out of sight (but still in the Route) does their movement advance the RNG?

3. Do you have to walk forward (or just the direction you are facing) in the grass on the advance that the RNG reaches your frame and if so is the pokemon supposed to appear on that part of the grass?

Thanks if you can answer my questions, I would really appreciate it (I've been getting so frustrated and I'm sure this has been asked before... Somewhere in 2134 pages o.O)

EDIT: My problems seem to match that of the previous poster, although I've never tried the 'Coin Trick' (Is that my downfall?)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Copy and paste the seed into the main RNG Reporter window, select DPPt Egg PID (normal) and hit generate. You have to read down the "Coin" column. i.e. if the first row is Tails, then that is your first flip, the second row is the second flip etc...
Easier method: go to DPPt Egg IVs in the Time Finder, enter all results for the month and second you're looking at, and delay range that covers only the delay you want (like 599 to 599). The frame doesn't matter.

Scroll down the list until you find the date you're looking for. Select it, then generate adjacent results. This gives you a list of coin flips you can compare to, to see how far off your delay you actually are.

I know it seems weird to use the Egg IV tab to generate a list of coin flips for catching wild Pokemon, but it works.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I seem to be having problems hitting my target time, as the Coin Flips in game never match the ones generated by RNG Reporter. In theory, I am hitting my target time, as the external clock hits the target time almost exactly as I hit "Continue". What could I be doing wrong? Is the Seed I enter into the main reporter the one generated in the Time Finder section?

I just can't seem to get this to work...
Enter the IVs or stats of what you catch into the initial seed finder and that will let you know the Seconds/Delay that you actually hit. I will clean up the OP with regards to this, as it is a bit confusing.

Ok here goes nothing:

NOTE: This is my first attempt at an RNG, please tell me if anything is obviously wrong.

Ok, I'm trying to get a shiny 13/31/28/31/31/30 Mild Ralts.
Its Seed is: 10150260
Its PID is: 91A254EB
The year is: 2009
My Min/Max Delay Range is: 598 - 614

So I'm in the part where you can catch Ralts (Route 208). I'm in the grass and I save, switch off and synchronize so I will hit my target time (2009 01 01 21:00:15) and I'm fairly confident that I hit my target time. I then procede to advance the RNG by journal flipping, I'm also fairly confident that this goes off without a hitch. The Frame I'm trying to hit is 191. This is down to 190 to begin with because Mesprit is running around somewhere (idk lol). So I flip until I get to 188 and then walk forward two steps.... Nothing happens.

So some questions:

1. What is the starting frame number? Is it always the same? What affects it?

2. Even if the NPCs are out of sight (but still in the Route) does their movement advance the RNG?

3. Do you have to walk forward (or just the direction you are facing) in the grass on the advance that the RNG reaches your frame and if so is the pokemon supposed to appear on that part of the grass?

Thanks if you can answer my questions, I would really appreciate it (I've been getting so frustrated and I'm sure this has been asked before... Somewhere in 213 pages o.O)

EDIT: My problems seem to match that of the above poster, although I've never tried the 'Coin Trick' (Is that my downfall?)
You really want to use sweet scent. Nothing really ensures that walking in the grass is going to net you a Pokemon for a certain frame. Although this could be researched and figured out. But easier to use sweet scent.

EDIT: The starting frame of the game is 1, +1 for each runner out. This is in the OP. Additionally some monsters will have different start frames, there is a list in the OP. Use the instructions + the list to work out what you need to do to advance to a target frame.

NPCs in the same "zone" as you affect the RNG whether or not they are on the same screen.

>Why can't I use code here?[/B] I have yet to be told why... PM me if you know

Only community member (badged) and higher user groups can have images in signatures.

[quote="OmegaDonut, post: 2021914"]Easier method: go to DPPt Egg IVs in the Time Finder, enter all results for the month and second you're looking at, and delay range that covers only the delay you want (like 599 to 599). The frame doesn't matter.

Scroll down the list until you find the date you're looking for. Select it, then generate adjacent results. This gives you a list of coin flips you can compare to, to see how far off your delay you actually are.

I know it seems weird to use the Egg IV tab to generate a list of coin flips for catching wild Pokemon, but it works.[/quote]

I do plan to create a generic adjacents finder, but in the meantime this is probably the best way to do it.

Any ideas on what is going on with your diamond?

[B]EDIT[/B]: I am going to St. Louis :)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So if I flipped the journal until I hit the frame I needed (In this case 190?) And then used sweet scent it would probably get the pokemon? And what about my starting frame question? ^^

Just to clarify, is the starting frame when you launch the game 0? So if I'm catching an Azelf wanting a frame of 417, should I advance the RNG 416 times or 415 times?

@ Qwertycal: The "starting frame" depends on what you are trying to catch (there is a list in the first post of starting frames). For Azelf, the start frame is 1, so if you want frame 417, you must advance the RNG 416 times (417 - 1). This equates to 208 journal flips.

After resetting for over 4-5 hours for a perfect Scyther (x for spA, rest 31) I was very happy to get my perfect Staryu on the very first try. I immediately saved the game and tried to make a backup from my flash cart. It wasn't recognized immediately, so I disconnected it and fit it in again. No biggie, happens all the time.

After a few times though, it still didn't recognize it. So I put my flash cart in my NDS and switched it on again. Firmware corrupted... Had to do a complete reinstall. I wasn't freaking out since I have plenty of backups on my PC. So I tried again today, got my Staryu after 50+ tries. I was relieved I got it again, so I immediately saved the game, switched off, let my flash cart save it and then I made 2 backups on my flash cart. Loaded the game to check if the IV's were indeed correct and guess what? Professor Rowan :|. I managed to recover the save file though, so I can load it in Pokesav and get the egg etc.

Now I'm wondering, should I put this egg in the storage of a previous backup and then just hatch it? Or would that be considered an illegal pokemon? I'm just doing this to battle a friend of mine (who isn't competitive at all, mind you), but I'm all for being legit. I really don't wanna spend another 1-3 hours trying to get a new Staryu and then having probs once again. I feel I can just put in the storage since I not only earned it once, but twice.

What do you guys/girls have to say about this? What would you do?

in the breeding part, after i close the journal and collect the egg how do i immeadiately catch a wild pokemon? can i fly to a route that has high level pokemon?

in the breeding part, after i close the journal and collect the egg how do i immeadiately catch a wild pokemon? can i fly to a route that has high level pokemon?
You can just go up and catch a low level pokémon there. If you don't have an AR I guess you could go to the Resort Area and catch a high level Pokémon there. You are doing this for the frame calibration part, right? Because if you are already resetting for the right IV's, you can just do 10 coin flips and see if it matches with your time/frame/delay.

i am on the part where I am trying to find out what frame i hit. So what do i do according to you?

what if the NPC's are walking around? does it matter if I close the DS while I am waiting for instruction? is the guide on the first post out of order?

i am on the part where I am trying to find out what frame i hit. So what do i do according to you?

what if the NPC's are walking around? does it matter if I close the DS while I am waiting for instruction? is the guide on the first post out of order?
Oh ok, in that case you close the journal immediately, you keep tapping A to collect your egg, then you go to the north and catch a Pokémon in the high grass. You level that Pokémon to lvl 50 and check its IV's (or you could use an IV check code if you can cheat). With that Pokémon's stats, you can generate an initial seed (using the "DPPt Seed Finder"). Now that you got the initial seed, select "Breeding (DPPt)" as the method in the main window and click on generate. Then breed your Pokémon and see on which frame the IV's match. You can just fly to the Resort Area and catch a high level Pokémon there and use that to check the stats.

The reason for this is that you immediately collect the egg, so the frame you got the egg on will stay locked. You can then catch a Pokémon whenever/wherever, it doesn't really matter since you just need it to generate an initial seed. Just don't take too long, since the frame goes up.

*edit: Yes, it matters if they (NPC's) walk, but only before you collect the egg. As soon as you got the egg, it doesn't matter anymore. That's why you keep tapping A as fast as you can, so there's not too much frame influence from the NPC's. I wouldn't close the NDS, since you really have to collect the egg as soon as you closed the journal. Opening up your NDS again and accepting the egg won't be as fast as loading the save, cancelling the journal and smashing A to collect it.

I have a Japanese game and have the Darkrai event legally, I'm wondering what settings I'd need to use and maybe a clarification on what exactly I'd need to do to set up the RNG to get a Shiny Darkrai. I have like every variation of Darkrai except Wonderfully Outstanding and Shiny.

-James

I have a Japanese game and have the Darkrai event legally, I'm wondering what settings I'd need to use and maybe a clarification on what exactly I'd need to do to set up the RNG to get a Shiny Darkrai. I have like every variation of Darkrai except Wonderfully Outstanding and Shiny.

-James
You would need to get your ID/SID, go catch pokemon and find out you're delay, and then use Wichu's program to find a shiny spread. Then use the RNG reporter to set up getting that delay and change to the appropriate date. Once you get the correct delay, it should be easy.

Hmmm...Knida a dumb question, but where is the "COin" column on the RNG program? I can't find it for my life...=/

Never Mind, found it lol. It only says head or tails though. I'm flipping it 10 times to check, right? Do I just do the one tht occurs most?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)