Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Awesome, thank you! This is amazing research, thanks for sharing it with us too :D

Does that mean a resulting number will never be exactly 85, though? Since the values aren't "less than or equal to" and just "less than", etc.
I'm so not computer-savvy .-.
The resulting number can be an integer (nothing after the decimal point). I believe the <= sign would be more likely on the lower bound, since the results wouldn't make sense otherwise if you happened to get 0 as your number (like frames 10 or 11 of seed 95012FD8 - a difficult-to-obtain seed used only as an example).

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Rona, thankies! I finally did my first RNG... but I think it was because I just slashed off doing the 627 delay one for 632 (closer to my usual 634). But, thanks for the information. =D

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is emloop not working for anyone else? No matter what value I put into the frames box, it just says "NaN" and the timer does not start.

EDIT: But for some reason, it works on Lexite's computer. I just updated my flash player, and it still just says NaN on mine. But when I put a value into the pre-timer countdown box, it works just fine. However, as soon as that countdown finishes and the main count down starts, it says NaN again and refuses to do anything. Why does it not work on my computer, but works on Lexite's just fine?

Where did you put the frame?? It's working for me......

There are two Frame boxes in the emloop timer. Simply put the desired frame in the first box.

does any1 no wat the frame i need for shiny heatran with hp electric 70
hp atk def spa spd spe
31 31 31 31 30 31
The shiny part is entirely dependent upon your own ID/SID combination.

You also haven't listed a nature, so go to the OP and download the Physical and Special spreadsheet files and find that spread there.

In the Frame Calibration Step, (did it two times),

got:

Seconds : 14
Delay : 616
Frame : 3

Second time;

Seconds : 14
Delay : 626
Frame :3

Would you recommend I do a couple more of this step or move on?

@ speedjolteon. You would have to be very lucky to get a shiny (as your ID and SID must combine perfectly with the spread's PID). But there is one spread for a Naive HP Electric 31/31/31/30/31/31 (the IVs you posted yield HP steel). It is from a seed of 4d0a02b0 at frame 2112.

@ Davy, it looks like your frame is consistent at 3, so if you have done the second/delay calibration before, you should be OK to start trying for real. As you do so, check the IVs you are getting to further confirm your frame.

I give 1 credit in my shop if you teach me how to get my seed for the IV abuse with the eggs, I already know everything about SRing legendaries and getting a shiny egg.

@ speedjolteon: read the original post, specifically the section on catching perfect Pokemon. It has in-depth instructions.

@ Althos: the method for hitting the seed for egg IVs is exactly the same as for legendary capture, you just need the correct second and delay. once you have saved in front of the daycare man, you will need to do frame calibration to see what frame you will hit when you collect the egg. Instructions on this are in the original post too.

@ speedjolteon. You would have to be very lucky to get a shiny (as your ID and SID must combine perfectly with the spread's PID). But there is one spread for a Naive HP Electric 31/31/31/30/31/31 (the IVs you posted yield HP steel). It is from a seed of 4d0a02b0 at frame 2112.

@ Davy, it looks like your frame is consistent at 3, so if you have done the second/delay calibration before, you should be OK to start trying for real. As you do so, check the IVs you are getting to further confirm your frame.
Alright, but my Delay doesn't have that good spreads- the spread that I want has a delay of around 12 less than my average. How do I decrease my delay time?

@ Davy: Is the spread within your delay range? You don't use averages, you find the range into which your delay usually falls (e.g. for me it is 617-623). You shouldn't be searching for spreads outside your delay range.
Are you using RNG for Egg IVs? if so, there is almost always at least one spread within your range, given the right parents (but you can RNG the parents too). Are you also searching all frames greater than the one you are saved on with the same odd/evenness? (i.e. for frame 3, also search 5, 7, 9, 11 etc...).
If you can still only find that spread, as a last resort, you can shift the delay of the spread by adjusting the year. To add 12 to the delay of a spread, set the clock back 12 years. The target date and time are otherwise unchanged.

@ Andralexis: Yes, this works on all 4th generation Pokemon games.

The one that I'm targetting now (623) I was 1 above on the calibration, but I'm not sure if I can get it again.

And in my calibration it often changed from even to odd and odd to even.

Do you recommend me to keep trying or find a better timed spread?

Ok. I give TWO credits to someone to teach me how to RNG abuse an egg with PMs.

I already read the WHOLE guide 5 times.

Thanks.

@ Davy: What is your delay range?

@ Althos: post your questions here and I will try to answer them, that way anyone else trying this can see the answers too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)