Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

@ Davy: I would suggest trying to develop a consistent tapping rhythm in order to narrow your delay range and lock on to either odd or even delays. It will be hard for you to hit your seed with a range of 16. You don't have to mash the button super-fast. Reasonably quickly and consistent is better than really fast and erratic.

@ Althos. Since you have mastered shiny eggs and resetting for legendaries, I am going to assume you already have your parents in daycare and have saved in front of the daycare man. You will now have to do frame calibration.

Start the game, making note of the minute as you hit continue. The journal should come up. If it does not, go back two days and save again. Make sure at least one page in your journal has a capture notice on it. It doesn't have to be the first one.

Once the journal appears, press start to close it and collect the egg immediately (press A the instant the game world appears). Fly to the survival area and run right onto route 226. Catch any random Pokemon there and use it to determine your seed (you must have done this before). Make sure your seed is in the right box in the RNG Reporter main window and select DPPt Breeding. Click "Generate".

Determine the IVs of your egg, either with AR or by hatching it and levelling it up (it is OK to turn off the DS once the seed has been found). Compare them with the list produced by RNG Reporter and find the frame your egg came from. an IV of A means it matches that IV of the first parent put into daycare, an IV of B means it matches that IV of the second parent.

Do that several times (five maybe) and note the frame each time, then I will tell you the next step.

Also: How would one go about abusing the PRNG for shiny and IVs at the same time? Specifically, once the initial seed is found, taps are made, egg is created and you save before picking it up, can you use the same initial seed for calculations on the time finder? Or do you have to catch another initial seed after that in order to start the IV RNG process?

I don't think that you can do that..yet.

The only way to get shinies with good IV's are to soft reset before picking up the egg. That's what I think, at least.

Anyway, I have a problem. When trying to determine to average seed, the first step for breeding perfect pokemon, I get that my seconds are 20. I however, know that it is 15. Not only because it's normal, but also because my computer witch is syncronized with the DS does have a second timer.

I don't think that you can do that..yet.

The only way to get shinies with good IV's are to soft reset before picking up the egg. That's what I think, at least.

Anyway, I have a problem. When trying to determine to average seed, the first step for breeding perfect pokemon, I get that my seconds are 20. I however, know that it is 15. Not only because it's normal, but also because my computer witch is syncronized with the DS does have a second timer.
What are you talking about? It's perfectly possible (and not much harder) to get shinies and abuse for IV's. Research your spread first, deposit parents in order, do shiny abuse tactics, then abuse for IV's like normal.

I also don't understand your question at all. It's 20, but it's 15? Clarify please

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Where did you put the frame?? It's working for me......

There are two Frame boxes in the emloop timer. Simply put the desired frame in the first box.
I'm doing exactly the same thing on both computers. It's working on one, and not on the other.

My computer clock is slow but its accurate because it auto-syncs time.
It may be that your computer clock is lagging behind 5 seconds.

uh, I just got an even delay when I never get even delays.
Slot is empty, just Reset and got an odd delay, then I reset and got an even delay.
Something's messed up.
Could it be that I just kind of reset and subtracted my seconds from when I reset and didnt reset on the minute?

My computer clock is slow but its accurate because it auto-syncs time.
It may be that your computer clock is lagging behind 5 seconds.

uh, I just got an even delay when I never get even delays.
Slot is empty, just Reset and got an odd delay, then I reset and got an even delay.
Something's messed up.
Could it be that I just kind of reset and subtracted my seconds from when I reset and didnt reset on the minute?
This happens randomly every now and then (seemingly). Just use a 3rd gen cart to regulate it until it behaves itself.

Syberia

[custom user title]
The thing is, it was working on my computer up until recently. And half the timer still works, the other half doesn't.

Ok, im goign to try to get a perfect TRU dragonite(I STILL havent picked it up lol). The only thing that confuses me is the target time. Can i just use the "TIME FINDER" to find it? I thought there was some sore of complex soft reseting, and collecting data, trial and error, etc. but is that all i need to use?

Ok, im goign to try to get a perfect TRU dragonite(I STILL havent picked it up lol). The only thing that confuses me is the target time. Can i just use the "TIME FINDER" to find it? I thought there was some sore of complex soft reseting, and collecting data, trial and error, etc. but is that all i need to use?
Read the OP. All the details for wondercard resetting are there. You could use the Time Finder, but why would you?

Exactly how it says to in the OP. I have the journal up, collect my egg, then go catch a high level wild Poke and use it to create an Initial Seed. I have the latest version I think too(5.20). I calibrated my frame previously for a different Poke too, and I got low numbers such as 9 and 10, so Im wondering whats going on here.

Exactly how it says to in the OP. I have the journal up, collect my egg, then go catch a high level wild Poke and use it to create an Initial Seed. I have the latest version I think too(5.20). I calibrated my frame previously for a different Poke too, and I got low numbers such as 9 and 10, so Im wondering whats going on here.
That's odd then. Make sure you collect the egg immediately after loading. Try resaving your file and collecting the egg as well. I've never gotten above 9 in Solaceon.

Hmm...I am still getting unusually high frames. I think I'm just gonna restart the whole frame calibration phase and see what happens...

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
The resulting number can be an integer (nothing after the decimal point). I believe the <= sign would be more likely on the lower bound, since the results wouldn't make sense otherwise if you happened to get 0 as your number (like frames 10 or 11 of seed 95012FD8 - a difficult-to-obtain seed used only as an example).
Ah, so if I found a value of 85 (not rounded up, original number is 85.862084+) as the number for my final range, as with Method J frame 2691 of seed 440e034e with a Jolly Synchronizer, which slot should that be considered a part of? *_*; Sorry, just wanting to make sure since the range provided for that particular slot is:

(80 < value < 85)
(85 < value < 90)

Thanks again~

Syberia

[custom user title]
I'm just going to guess, since everywhere else in pokemon, things get rounded down, 85 would probably be part of the 80 < value < 85 range. However, if you were to test this, we'd have a definitive answer that would apply in all cases, more than likely.

@ Sephirona: The >= sign exists on the lower bound only, so your 85 lands in the 85-89 slot. This must be the case, because it is possible to get a value of 0, but not possible to get 100.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
@ Sephirona: The >= sign exists on the lower bound only, so your 85 lands in the 85-89 slot. This must be the case, because it is possible to get a value of 0, but not possible to get 100.
Ah, alright :D Thanks for the clarification.

I can still test that later, though with the same seed I have a shiny spread on 2700 that also happens to be a ditto (but with a more definitive 83) so it seems more convenient. heh;

Trust me when I say : "I can't understand the OP because of my bad english" :

*Shiny* Gengar
-----------------
Nature : Naive / Ability : Levitate
IVs : 31/31/30/30/31/30
HP Fire 70

What 'bout a perfectGar ?

I know, I will post it in the DMP thread :P

Thanks Minus One for your help, I thought about doing my frame calibration again and it was really helpful, take something in my shop.

rawrcrayonz : Helped me a little to understand the IV abusing, I've found the process to search my perfect frame and get it ^^

Anyone have a reason why I always hit Frame 3 and now, on the time that I get the Delay and Second Correct I hit frame 1?

Anyone have a reason why I always hit Frame 3 and now, on the time that I get the Delay and Second Correct I hit frame 1?
No reason why, but if you keep hitting frame 3 and then hit frame 1 for your correct delay and second several times, you may want to change your target. This has happened to several people where you hit your target but the frame changes, so it just may be bad luck.

No reason why, but if you keep hitting frame 3 and then hit frame 1 for your correct delay and second several times, you may want to change your target. This has happened to several people where you hit your target but the frame changes, so it just may be bad luck.
Will do, although if that happens I'd just have to wait longer and hope that the NPC moves.

Can anyone teach me or show me how to do the math for calculating which wild pokemon will appear on which frame? I don't really understand it all that well, math isn't my strong suit:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)