Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, I got a few questions, mostly regarding wild encounter info.

Okay, I'm off to get a careful Eevee at the Trophy Garden in DIAMOND (important detail there). With a little searching I found this posted by Wild Eep to Sephirona

We aren't 100% certain on the Platinum encounter tables quite yet, but we know that the most recent addition to the Trophy Garden will occupy slot 6 (80 < value < 85). The second most recent addition to the Trophy Garden will occupy slot 7 (85 < value < 90). So as long as you manipulate the Trophy Garden to your advantage, you will be able to find a Ditto in 10% of all frames.

I've heard that there are differences in the trophy garden from Diamond to Platinum. Does what Wild Eep said apply to Platinum, Diamond, or both? If it only applies to Platinum, could somene tell me which slot houses trophy garden added pokemon?

Now for the second part:
Going on the information I received from that post, I need my math checked.

Method J target frame:1327
Method 1 frame used to determine encounter: 1326 which ends in CDF2
CDF2 translates to: 52722/656= 80.36, which is a slot occupied by a trophy garden pokemon.

Is this correct? Thanks for your help.

Alright, so I keep hitting frame 5 or higher on the correct delay (I should be hitting frame 3). Should I keep trying or take a different delay?

And if so, it is okay to change to the same delay with a different seed or just change the delay?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Okay, I'm off to get a careful Eevee at the Trophy Garden in DIAMOND (important detail there). With a little searching I found this posted by Wild Eep to Sephirona

We aren't 100% certain on the Platinum encounter tables quite yet, but we know that the most recent addition to the Trophy Garden will occupy slot 6 (80 < value < 85). The second most recent addition to the Trophy Garden will occupy slot 7 (85 < value < 90). So as long as you manipulate the Trophy Garden to your advantage, you will be able to find a Ditto in 10% of all frames.

I've heard that there are differences in the trophy garden from Diamond to Platinum. Does what Wild Eep said apply to Platinum, Diamond, or both? If it only applies to Platinum, could somene tell me which slot houses trophy garden added pokemon?

Now for the second part:

CDF2 translates to: 52722/656= 80.36, which is a slot occupied by a trophy garden pokemon.

Your math is correct, I believe~
80.36 would just be taken as 80, though.

As for what number range represents newly added Pokemon in D/P's Trophy Garden, I'd like to know too. I assume it's different, but that's only due to an inferred interpretation >_>

Can't wait for those Platinum encounter tables.

Now for the second part:

Like rona said, your math is correct.

Also, most likely the trophy garden pokes are in the same slot in DP and plat. If you do a test and check if they are in 6/7, then it's the same. If not, they are in slot 8 and 10, and then 9 and 11. Most likely will be 6 and 7.

Easy test, just catch the pokemon in the garden and find the seed and frame, then check the previous frame method 1.

So let me get this perfectly clear.
If I want the easiest frame (between 1 and 16 or 20 or 30) for something like Giratina.
All I have to do is save in front and do Coin Flips?

Of course, I'll also try for the delay as well.

So let me get this perfectly clear.
If I want the easiest frame (between 1 and 16 or 20 or 30) for something like Giratina.
All I have to do is save in front and do Coin Flips?

Of course, I'll also try for the delay as well.
No, you would fail. The coins are to verify that you hit your seed, and in no way advance the seed for wild pokemon, only the egg pid. Flipping the journal is the way to go and walking. For more info, read the front page.

To start on frame 1 you have to have no wandering Pokemon. Make sure you hit your seconds too ;). Delay isn't the only important thing.

EDIT: It's impossible to get frame 1 Pokemon anyway I'm pretty sure as the method of encountering one (i.e. Talking to Giratina, Sweet Scenting) advances the frame.

Ok, I'm ready to kill my DS...
1. I start north of the fight area (with AR in)
2. Go catch a pokemon
3. Enter the time/date/stats into the seed finder and get my seed.
4. I make sure my SID, ID, and the shiny only checkbox are on the right setting.
5. Hit generate and find the spread I want
6. Hit the double taps fist then switch to coinflip app and do those taps.
7. Put my pokemon parents (I'm using a ditto from Emerald if that affects it) in the daycare
8. Ride my bike until there's an egg
9. Save in front of the Daycare man and get the egg
10. Hatch the egg and then shoot my DS...
What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you're filling out the right time? If it's a minute or two off it can give you an inaccurate seed.

EDIT: Vaporeon you're not supposed to save ON the Happiness Checker App. Save on the one before it because advancing to the app itself advances the seed.

Are you sure you're filling out the right time? If it's a minute or two off it can give you an inaccurate seed.

EDIT: Vaporeon you're not supposed to save ON the Happiness Checker App. Save on the one before it because advancing to the app itself advances the seed.
Ahhhhhhhh...
The edit shows my problem... thanks ^^

No problem, glad to help. Just make sure to not try something with a really high amount of taps first as that's the biggest piss off to find out you mis-counted 1000 taps xD.

I know Chaos, that's why I asked. :P

Oh sorry, me jumping to conclusions again! :P My bad Vaporeon.

Is emloop usable with mid-range delays like 650? I'm still getting the hang of it.

The Giritina-Man, yeah :P. In case you didn't see it though:

Giratina
Frame: 12 (Torn World)
Frame: 1 (Turnback Cave)
Testers: 1 (Anon, Syberia)

EDIT: Thanks Pehu

Thanks and I did see that, which is why I ran from him in the Distortion World. Surprised I actually did see him.

It's just deciding on what IV's I should go for depending the current Uber status. (PM me if you want to help me a bit more).

I am using the Time Finder, fyi. I remember finding a really good one: Jan 1st, Day 1, and 15:00:xx (idk the rest).

I caught my shiny Giratina on Distortion World, I found it to be a lot easier to advance the RNG from 12 to 12 until the frame I wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)