Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Man, I still got to give capturing Pokemon a shot =/. I'm addicted to IV abuse right now.

Eee! Locked onto a Shiny Male, Timid, Synchronize Abra after 1062 long and tedious taps ;D. Now to hit mah seed.

The Giritina-Man. Your IV spread should relate to what you plan to use him for. If it's physical, go for a spread like
25+/31/25+/x/25+/31 or something. If you want a multi-purpose one though I'd aim for something like
25+/31/25+/31/25+/31

Well, it doesn't really work like that. It's believed that if you insert/remove a GBA game from the Slot2 that your delay will SHIFT from even to odd, or vice versa. However, I tried this and cannot confirm it as my delay stayed even when I removed the cartridge. Perhaps you have to keep fiddling with it, I'm not sure.

Ok Im kindda noob in the subject of catching "good" wild shiny pokes, i've been trying to practice by catching drifloon but i seem not the get the idea, question, i know that the fastest delay i can do is 13 sec, but, can i wait 2 seconds more and the hit continue on purpose to make my life easier?

After doing this when i hit my delay at 15 in the continue screen at that same second do i also have to be pressing my exact target time (ex. 2009/06/26 12:55:55)?? helping me with these questions will be truely appreciated :)

Could someone help me with targeting the delay using emloop, I mean a lot of people seem to get the idea on how to abuse the rng but I'm still stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Forget it too much trouble i'll just play another game, thanks for everyone that helped me.

Hey guys, I've been struggling with getting this RNG reporting to work accurately.

I'm trying to breed for nature and shiny pokes, no pefect IVs (yet), and I'm having some serious issues.

Whenever I go to hatch my pokemon after the previous steps, it isn't shiny.

Here are the steps I use:
1. Save game in resort area (level 50+ pokes) with the poketch app before happiness checker open (party viewer)
2. Turn DS on/off, mash A through continue screen, making note of the date/time that I hit it at. MY DS IS SYNCED TO AN EXTERNAL CLOCK DOWN TO THE MINUTE.
3. Catch level 50+ pokemon, enter all of its information into the "Find Seed by Stats" tab. Getting an initial seed of delay right around 600-640
4. Make sure my ID/SID/Shiny only settings are correct (they are).
5. Generate a list of hatches, find a suitable one, do the taps (two on happiness (a jump) counts as one, 1 flip = 1 tap)
6. Fly to solaceon and deposit two pokes from my team, withdrawing a foreign ditto and US parent. (Yes I have that setting right in RNG reporter)
7. Deposit them into the empty daycare
8. Bike until old man looks right
9. Collect, hatch, curse.

My questions are these:
1. Does the 'Coin' tab have ANYTHING to do with my hatches? Because my coin flips don't match up to the 'Coin' tab
2. How can I check to see if my ditto is legit foreign? The OT is in Japanese symbols, but besides that I'm not totally sure.
3. What am I doing wrong????

I'm using diamond, if that matters, and am totally lost...

From what I'm seeing, you probably don't have 5 pokemon in your party to start. That way, after you catch a pokemon, you'll have 6 all together. If you don't have 6, you're going to get it wrong. If you are, try breeding with normal PID, not international. It may be that you're using 2 parents that are from the same region, so that it wouldn't work.

I do have 5 pokemon in my party to start out with, sorry didn't put that.

So you are saying I should try it without a foreign ditto? I don't understand how a japanese ditto and a US primeape could result in them being from the same region?

I'll try it right now and report back.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My questions are these:
1. Does the 'Coin' tab have ANYTHING to do with my hatches? Because my coin flips don't match up to the 'Coin' tab
2. How can I check to see if my ditto is legit foreign? The OT is in Japanese symbols, but besides that I'm not totally sure.
3. What am I doing wrong????
1. What do you mean by coin tab? Are you doing coin flips before happiness application taps? If so, your flips should match the coin column when you generate with the initial seed you found.
2. Suggest when you are starting that you don't do this. Just use normal parents for now, as it eliminates one thing that can be going wrong.
3. Not possible to say, really. Are you making sure that you are not starting on the happiness application? Ie. switch to it right before you want to use, and immediately switch away when you are done with it before doing anything else? Do you have an everstone on either parent pokemon?

No everstones, I do the happiness checker taps first, then the coin flips.

And yes, I switch away from the happiness checker once I'm done with it.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Are you starting the game with the happiness checker selected, or do you switch to it right before you need to use it? If the former, that's a problem. Other than that, not really sure what you could be having a problem with, sorry.

Hmmmmm, I'm trying it now with the 'Normal' parents selection.

I have poketch app 5 (party viewer) open when I start, and then switch to happiness checker, then switch to coin flip.

Do I need to have sweet scent for this to work? I haven't been using it.

Yo straight up... this program is non-sense. It clearly doesn't work, seeing as I have tried it every single way, and STILL NO SHINY.

I have tried every method described here, and it DOESN'T work. I just spent 20 minutes tapping the happiness checker (yes I counted correctly) and the nature wasn't even correct.

I don't understand what I am doing incorrectly. The only thing I can think of that is failing is the program itself...

Re-read the OP and make sure you are doing things correctly. I can assure you the program is functional as I just achieved a Shiny from it.

Are you saving on the Happiness checker or the app before it (app 5)? You should save on the one before it as advancing to that app also advances the seed. Make sure you're counting the taps correctly and ONLY have 5 Pokemon in your party when catching a wild Pokemon.

It's not the program. I did the same thing once before, I selected the wrong parent or something. If you need help the best thing to do is watch the torsoboys tutorial on the first page.

Mingot, I wanted to try the wondercard "trick".

2A0C029F, Frame 513: 31/30/30/31/31/31 (Mixed HP Ice 70)
3B090283, Frame 5: 31/11/31/31/31/30 (Ice 70)

What do I do with the numbers in bold? Do I enter them in seed hex along with my PID? I was a little confused on the process.

You guys keep saying the same stuff, as I have clearly posted before, I start on the app BEFORE the happiness checker. I switch to it, count the taps, switch to coin flip, flip the coin, get the parents from the PC, put them in the empty day-care, collect egg, hatch, get pissed off.

Do I need to switch AWAY from the coin flip?

Maybe watch TorsoBoy's video demonstration. Link is in the OP.

Also, try having the Pokemon you want to put in the daycare already in your party. That might change something although I'm pretty sure using the PC doesn't affect your seed...

Tried both, and I have watched the video about 100 times now. I'm telling you it just doesn't work.

are you selecting DPPt Egg PID?
Its default at Method 1 which will screw up your results.

And quit saying it doesnt work. It does work, you have hundreds of people who have done it successfully, you're obviously just messing something up.

Tried both, and I have watched the video about 100 times now. I'm telling you it just doesn't work.

It won't affect it :/
If you're using an international ditto, are you hitting the DPPt Egg PID (International) setting?

Ok Im kindda noob in the subject of catching "good" wild shiny pokes, i've been trying to practice by catching drifloon but i seem not the get the idea, question, i know that the fastest delay i can do is 13 sec, but, can i wait 2 seconds more and the hit continue on purpose to make my life easier?

After doing this when i hit my delay at 15 in the continue screen at that same second do i also have to be pressing my exact target time (ex. 2009/06/26 12:55:55)?? helping me with these questions will be truely appreciated :)
Anyone?

are you selecting DPPt Egg PID?
Its default at Method 1 which will screw up your results.

And quit saying it doesnt work. It does work, you have hundreds of people who have done it successfully, you're obviously just messing something up.
I select DPPt Egg PID (International).

If you can tell me what I'm messing up, I'd love to hear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)