Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Mingot... I swear if I shoot myself, I'm telling my parents to sue you...

Not really, but that's what breaks are for right?

KMontag, maybe just do a test run, not using international parents. Do something easy, like the right nature. Once you can hit that, THEN try for shininess.

are you counting the flip to the happiness checker as a tap? You aren't supposed to. Make sure that you have the correct date and time input into the seed finder before you use your seed, even 1 minute can throw off your results.

It just doesn't work WITH YOU. There are at least a hundred folks here that made it work, so YOU ARE doing something wrong. You should take a deep breath, calm down, and listen to the guys trying to help.

Nobody is perfect, you should first of all, try and see if you are miscounting something.

The best way to do this is enter the game, catch a pokemon to find out your seed, enter the seed on the RNG Reporter, and then put the parents on the daycare WITHOUT advancing the seed. Then, get the first egg and check if it is the correct nature. Then, get the second one, hatch, and check the nature.

They should be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd eggs on the list.

Also, make sure you are NOT using the instant egg AR code, as that could cause problems.

I select DPPt Egg PID (International).

If you can tell me what I'm messing up, I'd love to hear it.
Try using normal... and also when you have 200+ taps it becomes really easy to mess up and not know it (which is why I make sure mine are less than 200... It makes it much easier for a little more resetting).

actually the instant egg AR code doesn't mess things up. I used to use it but I don't anymore. I was able to hit the nature and shinyness every time.

EDIT: Unless you mean that if you just move a little bit and it advances your IRNG by one, which case you're right.

And here's another tip, if you stop a few happiness taps short of your target, you can hatch the egg, find out what you hit, it should be nearby, and advance it however much you need to get the right one.

It just doesn't work WITH YOU. There are at least a hundred folks here that made it work, so YOU ARE doing something wrong. You should take a deep breath, calm down, and listen to the guys trying to help.

Nobody is perfect, you should first of all, try and see if you are miscounting something.

The best way to do this is enter the game, catch a pokemon to find out your seed, enter the seed on the RNG Reporter, and then put the parents on the daycare WITHOUT advancing the seed. Then, get the first egg and check if it is the correct nature. Then, get the second one, hatch, and check the nature.

They should be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd eggs on the list.

Also, make sure you are NOT using the instant egg AR code, as that could cause problems.
See, this is HELP. Thanks for the tip, trying it right now.
I don't use AR, and when you say WITHOUT advancing the seed you mean without clicking the happiness checker, etc.?

actually the instant egg AR code doesn't mess things up. I used to use it but I don't anymore. I was able to hit the nature and shinyness every time.

EDIT: Unless you mean that if you just move a little bit and it advances your IRNG by one, which case you're right.

And here's another tip, if you stop a few happiness taps short of your target, you can hatch the egg, find out what you hit, it should be nearby, and advance it however much you need to get the right one.
The first three times I tried the RNG Shiny Egg thing, I've used the instant egg AR code, and this messed big thing, so I've decided to give up on it forever.

See, this is HELP. Thanks for the tip, trying it right now.
I don't use AR, and when you say WITHOUT advancing the seed you mean without clicking the happiness checker, etc.?
Exactly. Do not switch to the Happiness Checker at all. That way, you do not advance the seed, and the first egg that'll appear will be the frame 1, either of Egg PID (Normal) or Egg PID (International).

One of them should match for your parents.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not the program. I did the same thing once before, I selected the wrong parent or something. If you need help the best thing to do is watch the torsoboys tutorial on the first page.

Mingot, I wanted to try the wondercard "trick".

2A0C029F, Frame 513: 31/30/30/31/31/31 (Mixed HP Ice 70)
3B090283, Frame 5: 31/11/31/31/31/30 (Ice 70)

What do I do with the numbers in bold? Do I enter them in seed hex along with my PID? I was a little confused on the process.
You didn't bold anything, but ...

Put the bolded number into seed to time to get a target time. I think that is what you are asking, or?

Ok Im kindda noob in the subject of catching "good" wild shiny pokes, i've been trying to practice by catching drifloon but i seem not the get the idea, question, i know that the fastest delay i can do is 13 sec, but, can i wait 2 seconds more and the hit continue on purpose to make my life easier?

After doing this when i hit my delay at 15 in the continue screen at that same second do i also have to be pressing my exact target time (ex. 2009/06/26 12:55:55)?? helping me with these questions will be truely appreciated :)
Delay is 13 seconds? No, delay is the part that is 600-650 or whatever.

Know that waiting an extra two seconds to hit 15 seconds will screw up your delay.

And yes, you have to hit your exact target time.

Confirmed: International parents. Thanks for the tip Pehu.

Now: Testing taps.
Question: Sometimes when I tap the happiness checker, the pokemon don't jump. What advances the seed, two taps or the jump?

So I'm trying to get a Shiny Wynaut through ShinyFinder. Would attaching the incense have any effect on obtaining the shiny?

Okay. Just hatched a low tap nature/shiny.

Got the nature, ability correct, but guess what... NO SHINY!!!
I don't understand, is the program incorrectly labeling where the shinies will be? Or am I doing something wrong?

I don't think I did this time, I even did the math to figure out exactly how many steps I needed to advance the seed (starting from 1), and it came out equal to what the program had displayed. WHY ISN'T IT SHINY!?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I'm trying to get a Shiny Wynaut through ShinyFinder. Would attaching the incense have any effect on obtaining the shiny?
Will work fine.

Okay. Just hatched a low tap nature/shiny.

Got the nature, ability correct, but guess what... NO SHINY!!!
I don't understand, is the program incorrectly labeling where the shinies will be? Or am I doing something wrong?

I don't think I did this time, I even did the math to figure out exactly how many steps I needed to advance the seed (starting from 1), and it came out equal to what the program had displayed. WHY ISN'T IT SHINY!?
Your SID or ID is wrong. Period.

And by "period" I mean if you say something like "NO I AM RIGHT PROGRAM IS WRONG" ... Well, let's just you *really* don't want to do that at this point.

Hey peeps, I needs teh help with targeting a specific delay. I got a delay 640 from rng reporter and when i start my ds with the time on the correct date i still get a delay of 626. Could someone tell me what's going on. I''m using emloop. When the second time of emloop goes off i'm stil waiting for dialga to stop flashing. As soon a press a on the continue screen i check my seed and discover a delay of 626 and not 640.

I'm trying to catch a max IV pokemon.

Hey peeps, I needs teh help with targeting a specific delay. I got a delay 640 from rng reporter and when i start my ds with the time on the correct date i still get a delay of 626. Could someone tell me what's going on. I''m using emloop. When the second time of emloop goes off i'm stil waiting for dialga to stop flashing. As soon a press a on the continue screen i check my seed and discover a delay of 626 and not 640.

I'm trying to catch a max IV pokemon.
Try changing the rhythm that you press a with, to a slower tempo.

Why using Emloop ? You don't need Emloop to catch a Dialga oO

And if you change your year, your delay will change too : +1 year = -1 delay / -1 year = +1 delay, so if you are in 2009, go to 2025 and you should have your pokemon

But the time the seed gave a delay of 640; so i just need to hit it from the 635 to 645 range for example. Nah I'm trying to catch a flawless pokemon probably a scyther of a flawless ditto. The pokemon itself doesn't matter i just need some help getting this thing under control.

And if you change your year, your delay will change too : +1 year = -1 delay / -1 year = +1 delay, so if you are in 2009, go to 2025 and you should have your pokemon
You got it all wrong, Athos. He is saying that he's waiting for Dialga to stop flashing on his Diamond Game Intro Screen, not that he's trying to catch a Dialga.

Darksoulzero, chances are that you did your math wrong. Read again the OP, and try adding a few frames to your calculations for a better use of Emloop.

640 is very difficult to hit with emloop because it is only a fraction of a second longer than a normal delay. I would advise you to use the normal RNG technique and adjust the year as Althos suggests.

I figured that there was an error in my calculations but I can't seem to pinpoint the source of the error.

my procedure:

1. The delay given by rng reporter, 640, is converted into seconds to yield
10.66 s.
2. I find a date/time combinatin that corresponds to the secs given by
emloop, 10s.
3. I sync my ds clock with the emloop timer that has a value of 60s
4. I start that badboy up and mash the 'a' button when the first emloop time goes off, but while I'm at the start screen when dialga flashes while the second emloop timer goes off. so i quickly hit a to get into the game world.
5. I catch a pokemon and check my seed the delay given is, for sure, 626.
6. I start crying.

so you're saying i should change my year to 2023 to get a delay of 640, but would not the change in year alter my seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 42)