Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Anyone has AIM or MSN. I need someone to guide through the steps to hatch a shiny egg. I tried to do it on my own yesterday and some people here tried to help but I'm doing something wrong. PM me please or post here. Thank you :(
I'm still desperately looking for help :heart:

Been trying to get Giratina in Torn World with flawless Iv's but same shitty it appears to have the same shitty IV's every time. Frame 579-12= 567 , 567-5(128 steps) = 562 , 566/2 = 281 journal flips ,28*10+1 = 283.. now I check to see if the delay was right and 608 delay should give me the coin flip sequence: H,H,T,T,T,T,H,T,H,T, I change the coin flip app straight to number 4 which is step counter, I walk exactly 128 steps and then I've counted very carefully when doing the flips of 28 times 10 and the 1 remaining afterwards, .. I talk to Giratina, capture it.. It is not even close to the IV's thats said to be there. After 6 times with same result I give up and shut down my ds... So anyone know what I am doing wrong??

First off, make sure the spread you're going for is Method J. If it's a Method One, then it's not going to work. Second, next time you go for it, catch it either way, and put the IVs in the program to find out what frame you did hit. Then plan accordingly from there. If you were 2 frames under, do another page flip.
@Butters: I'll help check your SID in a minute. Use my Diamond FC.

And can someone give me the link to the site where all of the really good wild Method J spreads are? I'm wanting to get some HP Dittos.

Thanks for the answer COKTAL but I'm afraid I've done all those things before I started, I have no idea why I keep getting different IV's from what I'm supposed ti get, must be that the frame even though I counted every single flip and step, is different..

Been trying to get Giratina in Torn World with flawless Iv's but same shitty it appears to have the same shitty IV's every time. Frame 579-12= 567 , 567-5(128 steps) = 562 , 566/2 = 281 journal flips ,28*10+1 = 283.. now I check to see if the delay was right and 608 delay should give me the coin flip sequence: H,H,T,T,T,T,H,T,H,T, I change the coin flip app straight to number 4 which is step counter, I walk exactly 128 steps and then I've counted very carefully when doing the flips of 28 times 10 and the 1 remaining afterwards, .. I talk to Giratina, capture it.. It is not even close to the IV's thats said to be there. After 6 times with same result I give up and shut down my ds... So anyone know what I am doing wrong??
If it's wrong, calculate the IVs, and look for what frame you hit.

Also, are you doing 128 steps EXACT?

The coin flip is used for wild pokemon abuse, since coin flips don't affect that RNG. If you're doing that on the eggs, then there's your problem. It sounds like you have the wrong SID. Also, make sure you're not using International unless you are using international parents. If you are, there's a chance that those shiny spreads don't show up on normal parents.
So if it tells me to do x amount of coin flips, it's entirely wrong? And do I need to worry about frames still?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if it matters to any of you, but I'm attempting to SR a Drifblim at Valley Windworks, and I found a way that doesn't require you to sift through dates until you find one that's on a Friday. Basically, all you have to do is find a date that produces an acceptable delay/seconds combination. Then, set your game to a Thursday at 23:59 (or 58, if you want an extra minute to ensure you load your game quick enough). Load your game, and save somewhere (Floaroma Town works) and wait for the clock to turn over to 00:00 on Friday. Immediately go to Valley Windworks, and save your game in front of the Drifloon that should appear.

Now, you are free to set your DS date and time to whatever you'd like. As long as you do not leave Valley Windworks, and do not allow the clock to roll over to a new day, Drifloon will stay there, saved in front of you, to catch on any date you choose.

i've got a problem that i just cant figure out. i'm trying to get a zapdos and i landed on the right seed and then used the journal to advance my rgn. the frame i'm going for is 968 so i did subtracted 6 from that (zapdos's monster number and no roamers) so i had to advance it 962 times. 481 journal page flips later i catch zapdos and found out i got to frame 969. how is that possible? using the journal to advance the rgn shouldn't i have only landed on even numbers? what did i do wrong?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there any way to check your seed when going for wondercards? It's so frustrating to find out you didn't get your pokemon only after you do all of your journal flips.
Not very easily, no. If you are doing a relatively low amount of journal flips you might be able to catch a high level monster and get the initial seed from that, though.

I'm still desperately looking for help :heart:
If you have a specific problem then ask about it, but please don't use this as the thread to request random people to AIM you and give you lessons. Thanks.

Thanks for the answer COKTAL but I'm afraid I've done all those things before I started, I have no idea why I keep getting different IV's from what I'm supposed ti get, must be that the frame even though I counted every single flip and step, is different..
Find what frame you DID get. Figure out how far off it was from your target. Adjust from there.

Okay, I'll probably sound like an idiot but here goes:

Now, I'm trying to hatch shinies using the method in the first post. I read all the info (read the entire first post - just incase!). So doing it, I had the video from TheTorsoBoy playing, and I read the instructions as I went along.

I've tried a good 20-odd times on both Platinum and Pearl, but to no avail. I have my SID (Well 8, which I got using http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html and then putting the PID into http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm) It was from a random encouter shiny like it asks, so I assume there is no problem there.

I came back on here to re-read everything, and see if anyone had any solutions (I searched too! - I'm a good girl) but all I found was about the seconds and delays which mine is around 11-12 seconds and 640 delay time. But also I saw about the frames and the coin flip to see what seed I am on. (Correct me, please?)

It mentioned nothing of this in the video, so I have yet to confirm the seed or the frames needed or anything. Is this needed to hatch the shiny eggs at all?
You don't need to do anything at all with delay or seconds. Find your initial seed per the instructions, locate a shiny frame you would like, and then use the directions to calculate happiness taps and coin flips. The egg instructions are very straightforward, but you seem to be mixing up different areas of instruction.

i've got a problem that i just cant figure out. i'm trying to get a zapdos and i landed on the right seed and then used the journal to advance my rgn. the frame i'm going for is 968 so i did subtracted 6 from that (zapdos's monster number and no roamers) so i had to advance it 962 times. 481 journal page flips later i catch zapdos and found out i got to frame 969. how is that possible? using the journal to advance the rgn shouldn't i have only landed on even numbers? what did i do wrong?
Perhaps you have another runner out?

Try releasing it immediately and seeing what frame it landed on.

i definitely dont have another runner out. i know i accidently flipped to the wrong page of the journal once though. there wasnt anthing on the page about beaten or caught pokemon but is it possible something there advanced my rgn by 1?

ok this keeps happening. i tried to do one less journal page and take one step inside oaks house to compensate but i end up two frames below my target. does taking a step where there are no wild pokemon not work indoors or is it dependent on how many pokemon are in my party? i really dont get why this wont work.

Kudos all, here to ask a few questions. Do not be surprised if the following generates any lulz or fail, I'm slightly new to this whole concept (even though that's no excuse).

Currently, in Platinum, I'm saved in front of Giratina. I've decided after days of SRing that I just want to RNG abuse the bastard so I can get a shiny one 8D. I hold absolutely no concern for the nature, stats, IVs and whatnot; I just want him to be shiny and legit.

I've been trying to complete the callibration phase, but apparently I need to capture a pokemon level 50+ and then enter its stats and whatnot and I can't because there aren't any level 50 Pokemon in the Rift World.

I can't just do it with Giratina and then reset back because there isn't any space in my party to capture it, look at its stats, enter them into RNG Reporter and whatnot.

So how do I do it? Is it possible, or am I screwed? Kthnx, sorry if that made no sense.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It would be best to just knock out Giratina in the Torn World, and it will re-appear in Turnback Cave after you beat the E4. Its stats will still be random.

I considered that, but I read somewhere that the Giratina found there is the same as the one you knock out in the Torn World. Is that correct, or are my sources unreliable?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I considered that, but I read somewhere that the Giratina found there is the same as the one you knock out in the Torn World. Is that correct, or are my sources unreliable?
Your sources are unreliable.

Alternatively, you can run away from Giratina and get the same effect.

Yeah its unreliable. I just caught mine yesterday Torn World it stays 12 frames no matter if you leave and come back and in the turn back cave its 1 frame.

Hi guys, i got a question, if i try to get a perfect wild pokemon in the grass, for example a starly in route 201, do i have a 50% chance to get him and a 50% to get a bidoof whit the right IVs?

No, the spread's always set to a specific pokemon. What you need to do is take the seed and put it into the main page. Take whatever frame it appears on, and subtract 2. Go to that frame on Method 1 (the spread you found should be from Method J). Take the last 4 characters in that PID, and put them into Windows calculator's Hex setting, and change it to dec. Divide that by 656. That'll give you a number between 0-99, which you then need to use the post on the front page to see what slot that is. then just check and see if Starly shows up on that slot. If so, then it will be a starly. If not, it won't work on it.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not that the spread is set to a specific Pokemon, but that the frame is. And since the same spread can be found on different spreads we can get different Pokemon with the same spread.

It's not that the spreadis set to a specific Pokemon, but that the frameis. And since the same spread can be found on different spreads we can get different Pokemon with the same spread.
do you mean frames there right?
anyway i still can't realize how exactly it works, i guess i need to try first xD

K, so I'm capturing Azelf, just need some clarification.

My spread is on frame 1432.

RNG Advances = 1432 - monster frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

RNG Advances = 1432 - 1 - 1 = 1430

Since walking one step advances the RNG by 1 where there are no wild Pokemon, I could just run around Valor cave (noting when I turn of course to add more advances) instead of doing 715 journal flips?

mingot

free agent
before you divide it by 2 for the jounel flips
YES it matters. Follow the directions, please.

To illustrate:

(6 - 6) / 2 = 0
6 - 6 / 2 = 3

The directions have you come up with a final number before dividing by two, so do this.

K, so I'm capturing Azelf, just need some clarification.

My spread is on frame 1432.

RNG Advances = 1432 - monster frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

RNG Advances = 1432 - 1 - 1 = 1430

Since walking one step advances the RNG by 1 where there are no wild Pokemon, I could just run around Valor cave (noting when I turn of course to add more advances) instead of doing 715 journal flips?
Incorrect. Walking advances the RNG by 1 where are ARE wild Pokemon.

In fact, the RNG is called once per step to figure out if you are going to have a battle. In places where there are no wild pokemon this encounter check is not necesary so no RNG call is made on a per step basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)