Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble - well maybe I'm not but it seems to me like I'm doing something wrong.

I'm on step:
5. Enter the date/time from step 3 and the Pokémon information from step 4 into the Seed Finder. Take note of the delay and the seconds for the initial seed.

So I've caught 5 Pokemon after resetting on a new minute and rapidly pressing a. According to my clock it ALWAYS takes 16 seconds. After like 10 practice tests, I've never gotten anything else. Yet here are the results I get from the seed finder when I plug in the stats (not IVs, since idk how to reset effectively when i need to go back into the AR and turn codes on and start the game...)

1) 14 seconds - 628 delay
2) 18 seconds - 628 delay
3) 30 seconds, 616 delay
4) 12 seconds, 614 delay
5) 13 seconds, 629 delay

So I was under the impression that the number of seconds I count from SR to pressing continue would never change, but these are all over the place...yet every time i reset i count the seconds. Alwasy 16 in real time but the generator gives me a huge range of seconds.
Am I doing something wrong or what? :(

You try to hit a delay you can hit. There is nothing guaranteeing you will hit the delay you want. You have to keep trying until you get it.

Mendokuse - Are you putting the correct time for each reset in the RNG reporter? I dont know what else you could be doing wrong.

Mendokuse, this implies to me that you don't understand exactly what the seconds reading is. While delay measures how long it takes to load your game (what you think seconds do), the seconds is actually a reading of the physical second you loaded the game. If you loaded the game at 13:54:59, your seconds would be 59. This is why you always soft reset at :00. You're soft resetting all over the map.

Ah, I see. But I am resetting at 0 seconds every time, so that's weird. My vista clock and ds are at the exact same time/date/everything so I'm not sure why the seconds reading is coming out so weird. :(

Ah, I see. But I am resetting at 0 seconds every time, so that's weird. My vista clock and ds are at the exact same time/date/everything so I'm not sure why the seconds reading is coming out so weird. :(
Resync them. Computer clocks sometimes resync to an external source and throw off calibration. Make sure your computer and DS are synched perfectly after that. There's no reason to have a reading that huge.

I went back to resync them and they had the same minute, but i have a feeling that a windows vista desktop clock is waaaay faster than the DS clock :/ has anyone else noticed that or am I imagining it?

maybe my method of syncing is flawed. knowing me that's what it is since im a tard :/

if my vista clock says 11:06 i go into the ds and choose 11:07 and wait until the seconds become 0 before pressing A so that both the vista clock and DS clock start at 11:07:00.
That's how you do it isn't it? :/

^ you trade a pokemon to someone who does have an AR, IIRC.
that reminds me i'm going to need my platinum SID and my diamond too :(
Is anyone willing to help me with this? I've been getting 14 seconds/628 delay over and over so I think I'm good to go now :)

VanHalen, just keep reseting in front of Mr.Backlot. Eventually he'll say Ditto, then you can RNG abuse like normal. Though chances are, there's a better way to get him to say Ditto, other then soft reseting.
Sorry, but how I do I know it's Ditto? And how do I find a spread for the said Ditto? I don't understand how knowing the slot helps me to find a certain Pokemon, but someone told me it was slot 6. I just don't understand how to apply that information. I have caught a Pokemon in the wild one time, but it was the Gastly I was asking for help a few days ago. That was much easier since it was only Gastly in the Old Chateau.

Im actually having a problem finding my SID. Is there a way to find it without using an AR?
The only way to do it without an AR/GS is to have caught a normal shiny in-game (NOT a chained shiny) and then use the same equations in this thread to inversely determine the corresponding secret ID to your shiny Pokemon.

Sorry, but how I do I know it's Ditto? And how do I find a spread for the said Ditto? I don't understand how knowing the slot helps me to find a certain Pokemon, but someone told me it was slot 6. I just don't understand how to apply that information. I have caught a Pokemon in the wild one time, but it was the Gastly I was asking for help a few days ago. That was much easier since it was only Gastly in the Old Chateau.
You'll know it's Ditto because Mr. Backlot will verbally inform you that it's Ditto.

As for finding a spread, follow the directions in the first post.

You'll know it's Ditto because Mr. Backlot will verbally inform you that it's Ditto.

As for finding a spread, follow the directions in the first post.
But that doesn't answer my question. I know Ditto will be in the Trophy Garden as slot 6, but how do I know what Pokemon I would get? How do I ensure the Pokemon I find in the grass is a Ditto? How do I use the information that Ditto is slot 6 in order to find and catch a Ditto when I want to? There is nothing in the opening post, however I saw a post by Mingot a little further down, but the information I was looking for isn't in there. I would appreciate if someone would explain to me or provide me with a direct quote pertaining to my questions.

For the Distortion World Giratina, my target frame is 2840. Would the correct number of journal flips be 2840-12=2828/2=1414, or 2840/2=1420-12=1408? In other words, is the correct number of flips 1414 or 1428?

1408 would be the correct amount since the "-12" isn't part of the journal flipping

oops, lightningfusion is right...I misread all the number signs,1414 is right

For future reference, read the OP and find out for yourselves. This are simple questions.

darknite - 1414

3719 - articunos frame ( look for yourself in OP)
if odd -x walking 128 steps
if even /2 for journal flips

icychill - you make your first post and its wrong, thats not very helpful.

You subtract the advancements and monsters frame first, then you divide by 2 for journal flips LAST.

For future reference, read the OP and find out for yourselves. This are simple questions.

darknite - 1414

3719 - articunos frame ( look for yourself in OP)
if odd -x walking 128 steps
if even /2 for journal flips

icychill - you make your first post and its wrong, thats not very helpful.

You subtract the advancements and monsters frame first, then you divide by 2 for journal flips LAST.
So it's 1854 journal flips?

I've been sitting on New Moon Island after glitching my way there for about a month. After weeks of soft-resetting without the right synchronizer, someone suggested that I PRNG for a good spread. However, I have no pages in my journal saying that I've caught something because I've been on New Moon Island so long. Additionally, I have an even number of pokemon in my party, and the spread I'm after requires an odd number of journal flips, so I can't just walk a multiple of 128 steps.

Do I have any options other than leaving New Moon Island?

I have a question..

I'm using an AR to IV Breed with the RNG. My target time is 02:35:16. I have the AR codes and the game loaded and press START at 02:35:00 and go through ASAP, but the AR delays the time it actually takes to get to the Journal.

Do I need to hit START from the AR screen earlier, and just sit on the menu (continue and stuff, right before you go to the Journal) until it's 02:35:16, or am I just getting unlucky and missing my Delay by a few values? Or is there something else entirely?

I think it's the Delay, but I figured I would ask the experts. I've failed for about 2 hours now. :\

So, you cant find your SID# unless you have already caught a non-chained shiny?
Finding SID without Cheat Devices

Unfortunately, I think you are correct in that you must have a non-chained Shiny..

If you are using an AR, you are supposed to do the calibration phase with an AR. It seems you did it by SRing and then added the AR and hit start instead of SRing. Generally you just need to start the AR when you can hit continue at 2:35:16 going as fast as possible through the screens.

If you are using an AR, you are supposed to do the calibration phase with an AR. It seems you did it by SRing and then added the AR and hit start instead of SRing. Generally you just need to start the AR when you can hit continue at 2:35:16 going as fast as possible through the screens.
No, I did all my calibrations again with the AR, so that's all good.

So I just need to hit START on my AR earlier to get to the Target Time, I take it? Alright, I can do that. Thanks LF.

EDIT: Confirmed by LF. Thank you again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)