Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

There are two other quint-flawless ones I found. One had the 30 in Speed, which is rather contradictory. The other one had the 30 in HP, at seed 8d17025b, which seems to have a number of frames in the mid-400s. Not really any better, but it does have the added benefit of a significantly lower frame, though it has a 594 delay, which may be hard to hit for some. :/

Either one would probably work, I'd say.
Thanks. I probably would rather have the 30 in HP than in SpA. I'd prefer it to be in SpD, but apparently there isn't one like that. I definitely wanted to avoid having it in Speed. With the year set to 2000, the one you mentioned has a delay of 603, which is a bit better (I'm guessing you like to keep your dates legit, which I wish I could do...).

Also, I just got the Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 Darkrai... yay!

@Yawg: And that is why I will never purchase a DSi. :C
I don't know if there's a way to switch even/odd at will, so I'll leave it to a more experienced RNGer to give a definitive yes or no. But there's no method that I know of that would work for DSi. :/

Try finding and catching something with an even delay to see if it still does weird things. If it does, it might be another problem that you could possibly fix.

And you're welcome. ゚ ヮ゚

NINJA EDIT: Misdreavus's post just made me think of something: the year on your DS adds (year-2000) to your delay. So, if you were to adjust your year by 1, it should make your required delays even. :L

@Salar: Seconds and delay vary between games, and even different copies of the same game have different delays, so you should re-calibrate for Platinum, yes.

EDIT@Misdreavus: Well, I'm glad I could be of some help. c:
I do like to keep realistic years if possible, but this fucking Darkrai is really testing my patience (and the endurance of my thumbs), so I'm quite tempted to mess with the year. >:I

Also, HOW THE HELL IS YOUR SIGNATURE SO BIG.
If I try to make mine:
-Mizuumi- on Shoddy
--
AM I A BOY OR AM I A GIRL IT IS A MYSTERY
it tells me my signature has to be less than 6 lines and won't let me save it. :U

@Yawg: And that is why I will never purchase a DSi. :C
I don't know if there's a way to switch even/odd at will, so I'll leave it to a more experienced RNGer to give a definitive yes or no. But there's no method that I know of that would work for DSi. :/

Try finding and catching something with an even delay to see if it still does weird things. If it does, it might be another problem that you could possibly fix.

And you're welcome. ゚ ヮ゚

NINJA EDIT: Misdreavus's post just made me think of something: the year on your DS adds (year-2000) to your delay. So, if you were to adjust your year by 1, it should make your required delays even. :L

@Salar: Seconds and delay vary between games, and even different copies of the same game have different delays, so you should re-calibrate for Platinum, yes.
Ah, okay. I'll go do the Calibration process again on my Platinum

Okay, I switched to another spread with an even delay, 606.
This time it is a Frame 15, 18/31/17/20/16/31 and at date 01.01.2009 and 7:00.

So I sync at 6:59 and reset at 6:59:47.
And when I get in the game, the RNG needs advanced 11 frames (15-4=11)
I walk 128 steps with 5 pokémon in my party, then I get 3 journal flips.

I catch a Magikarp, and it is wrong (right nature, wrong stats) and I check it in the seed finder.
Seconds 1, Delay 608

ONE!?! Haha what have I done? :(

STOP MASHING THE BUTTON SO DAMN FAST

I'm still not sure what the problem is, but I noticed that you don't mention doing the coin flip test anywhere. I'm not sure of this, but the frame advancement may (and don't quote me on this) be what's screwing up your results. So try again, but save with the Poketch on the Coin Flip app (#15?). SR as normal, but before you do anything, flip the coin 10 times. If you have your seed selected in RNGreporter, it'll show you what the results of those 10 flips should be if you've hit your seed. ('Coin Flips for Seed' at the bottom of the window)

In addition, if you don't already have it open (though you probably do, it's the same window that pops up when you right-click and go to 'Generate Times' in the Time Finder), open the 'Seed to Time' window (one of the rightmost 4 buttons on the main window), paste your seed, and click the top 'Generate' button. Then choose the one that has your desired target time and click the lower 'Generate' button. This will bring up a list of seeds that are within the delay/second range you can specify in the boxes above. When you do the coin flip test, click the 'Search Flips' button and click the buttons that pop up so that they match your result ('karp is heads, Poke Ball is tails). When you click Okay, any seed that matches your result will be highlighted, with a delay and time next to it, which will tell you what you actually hit. If you don't get any results, your seed is way off, or at least outside the specified range of your intended seed.

I'd reccommend putting the lower end of the seconds range at at least 13, so if you actually are getting 1-5 seconds it'll tell you.

And again, it's perfectly possible that none of this will help you in any way, but it's worth a try. :V

Hmmm, I don't see the coin flips bit. Nor do I see a 'lower generate' button in the "Seed to Time" window.

I'm using RNG Reporter 5.2, is there a newer one?

Indeed there is, m'boy. It's up to 7.0 now, I'd download it if I were you.

(And for future clarification, the button is not labeled "Lower Generate". There are two 'Generate' buttons in the window, one being lower than the other.)

It can never hurt to redo your calibration. I'm a bit confused by your seconds time as well...it usually means you're not resetting at the right moment.

The Seconds value doesn't tell you the time it took you enter the game from when you reset. It shows you the seconds part of the moment you press A on the continue screen. So if you reset at 6:59:47 and get 1 as Seconds when finding your seed, you entered the game at 7:00:01. Therefore, it takes you 14 seconds to soft reset and you should reset the game a second earlier if you're planning on hitting 7:00:00. You also missed the delay by two, but it's nearly impossible to continously hit the correct one and requires a bit of luck, so you're doing that just fine.

I'm trying this with the easiest option first, and I'm not getting the results I should. I've tried about 10 times to hatch a shiny piplup. My last try used a level 48 wingull I caught near the fight area. I put it into the seed finder in the stats option, got my initial seed, clicked ok, put in my ID/SID, clicked generate and I got one with just over 4000 frames. I checked the poke taps thing and had to double tap the happiness thing 341 times, and then flip the coin twice.I did that perfectly. I went to get the egg, I hatched it, and once again it's a normal blue piplup.

When it brings up the seed with the frame number etc, IVs aren't shown - only nature. I forgot to check the nature :S .

EDIT: http://www.grabup.com/uploads/9500071908D120091B15DB14F130.png - That's the seed I went for
There are no IVs, since it is for eggs. What you should do is hatch a few eggs in a row after that and see if it corresponds to RNG reporter. Also, are you using the international list when you have non international parents? Other than that, maybe your SID or ID is entered wrong.

I'm using your ditto, and my in game empoleon. So I selected normal parents. I'm probably just going to get someone to check my SID again just in case that's the problem. Giritina Man checked it last time.

The Seconds value doesn't tell you the time it took you enter the game from when you reset. It shows you the seconds part of the moment you press A on the continue screen. So if you reset at 6:59:47 and get 1 as Seconds when finding your seed, you entered the game at 7:00:01. Therefore, it takes you 14 seconds to soft reset and you should reset the game a second earlier if you're planning on hitting 7:00:00. You also missed the delay by two, but it's nearly impossible to continously hit the correct one and requires a bit of luck, so you're doing that just fine.
THANK YOU :D
With a bit of adjusting, I am getting SO CLOSE now!

Within 2 delay to either side. I'm gonna hit it soon, I know it!

EDIT:
OMG WHAT HAPPENED?! XD

I got the correct delay and time for this spread ...
Seed: 47030261
Time: 3:11:59
Delay: 600
Frame: 180
H, H, T, H, T, T, H, T, T, H

I checked coin flips and got excited, I was on the right delay!

IT SHOULD BE an Adamant Magikarp with 28/31/30/3/28/31
IT ENDED UP an Adamant Magikarp with 15/3/22/29/5/13

Now, calculations for the frame are ...
180 - 4 (fishing) - 0 (no wandering) = 176, or 88 journal flips

I opened up my journal to see a 'caught ____' page. So that is 2 frames.
I flipped to the right and there was another 'caught ____' page. So that is 2 more frames.
I flip back to the first page, which has 'caught ____' data. So that is 2 more frames.
I flip back and forth until I get up to 176 F.adv (88 flips)

I leave the menu and press Y to fish, and hook a pokémon right away.

What have I done wrong?
Oh, also, I am down in the Resort Area. Are the NPCs hurting me?

Yeah, I right clicked the 180 and had it generate me the times.
EDIT: I also forgot the date up there, it is 2009.01.01

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have the exact seconds and range of my Delay for my Diamond version calculated. Well, say I wanted to go after Darkrai in my Platinum version. Could I use the same seconds/range from my Diamond version or should I do the calibration process again on my Platinum version?
You need to recalibrate since it's a different game.

I know someone else already corrected the person who gave you COMPLETELY WRONG INFORMATION, but I just wanted to make sure you knew.

That's cool, but wait, my seconds are 5? How is that even possible?
I try again and it comes to 5 again, but with a delay of 598.
And once more at 5 seconds, and a 603 delay.
Sounds like it takes you more seconds than you expect to get to the continue screen. Just adjust your reset time and roll with it.

I have the exact seconds and range of my Delay for my Diamond version calculated. Well, say I wanted to go after Darkrai in my Platinum version. Could I use the same seconds/range from my Diamond version or should I do the calibration process again on my Platinum version?
Yes, you should.

ONE!?! Haha what have I done? :(
You were off by a second. Mash A harder?

I went to get the egg, I hatched it, and once again it's a normal blue piplup.
Same nature? Different Nature?

That says a lot. Anyhow, the things wrong could be:

1. Wrong selection for international or normal parents
2. Wrong SID
3. Wrong number of taps/flips.
4. Wrong number of pokemon in party doing taps.
5. Leaving the happiness app up and flying and/or zoning.

When you mess up get the next 5 eggs and try to find that sequence in the output with shiny only unchecked.

Still nobody with an explanation for my delay problems?(Switching from even to not even constantly).
Don't start about GBA games, I'm not stupid.
There is no answer. It's like this for some people. Nothing to be done.

It DOES take one more second than I thought for me!
I moved to route 205 to the left of Eterna, because there are no moving NPC's there, I didn't know if that was killing me or not.
Then I reset one second earlier than normal to make up for my time discrepancy.

I flip my coins, and OMG correct delay!
I open the journal, flip away, then dip the Old Rod into the pond.

Net Ball, go! I look at him, Adamant ... Alert to Sounds ... looking good!
I check him, Rare Candy him a few times.

SUCCESS!!! I got my first RNG assisted pokémon, Adamant (soon to be a...) Gyarados, 28 / 31 / 30 / 3 / 28 / 31

Thanks you guys! You've been a big help. :D

just wondering, lets say I'm catching Darkrai with 31/6/30/31/31/31
its frame is 2969, I have no Synchronizer.

I hit Target time and Delay, shown by coin flips.
I start doing my journal flips, 1484.
I do that, catch it with a masterball, and its careful nature.
it is a possibility that i may have missed the journal flips by a little, but is it also possible that giratina's "exerting its pressure" raises the RNG? (say as if Giratina is my lead)

Can someone please tell me if I've successfully completed the calibration phase of PRNG or if I'm doing something wrong?

What I've done is the following:

1. Synchronized my DS's clock to an external clock with a seconds hand showing.
2. Saved in a little north of the Resort Area (where lv 48-50) Illumise, Roselia, etc. normally appear)
3. Waited right at the main menu of Pokemon Platinum (the one with the mystery gift and wifi options and stuff) and pressed 'a' while taking note of the time that I pressed 'a'
4. Then I waited until 1 full minute has passed (such as 11:19:23 to 11:20:23) from when I hit the 'a' button on the 'continue' menu option.
5. Then I rapidly pressed the 'a' button until I get into the 'game world' while taking note of the time that I hit the 'continue' button to go into the game world.
6. Once in the 'game world' I immediately catch one of the pokemon I mentioned earlier.
7. Then I go to the RNG Reporter 7.0 and input the exact time that I hit the 'continue' main menu option when rapidly pressing the 'a' button and the info on the pokemon I just caught.

Now I'm just wondering if I've done anything wrong cause the guide has kind of confused me a little bit.

Thanks!

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can someone please tell me if I've successfully completed the calibration phase of PRNG or if I'm doing something wrong?

What I've done is the following:

1. Synchronized my DS's clock to an external clock with a seconds hand showing.
2. Saved in a little north of the Resort Area (where lv 48-50) Illumise, Roselia, etc. normally appear)
3. Waited right at the main menu of Pokemon Platinum (the one with the mystery gift and wifi options and stuff) and pressed 'a' while taking note of the time that I pressed 'a'
4. Then I waited until 1 full minute has passed (such as 11:19:23 to 11:20:23) from when I hit the 'a' button on the 'continue' menu option.
5. Then I rapidly pressed the 'a' button until I get into the 'game world' while taking note of the time that I hit the 'continue' button to go into the game world.
6. Once in the 'game world' I immediately catch one of the pokemon I mentioned earlier.
7. Then I go to the RNG Reporter 7.0 and input the exact time that I hit the 'continue' main menu option when rapidly pressing the 'a' button and the info on the pokemon I just caught.

Now I'm just wondering if I've done anything wrong cause the guide has kind of confused me a little bit.
Wow, no.

Reread and follow the directions. You are really not doing it anywhere close to correctly. If there is a specific step that has you confused post that step and ask for clarification.

Okay I'm trying to do my first capture abuse in a route where there is a moving NPC(done it twice where there are no moving NPCs).
I'm in Route 202, saved next to the moving guy up there(no he is not a trainer so no Vs. seeker). How would I go about doing this? Do I just do the journal flips from the get-go and hope I hit the right delay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)