Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Wasn't it said that the 2 bad IV'd parents can be bread and create an egg that has perfect of IV's and Nature?
I mean, that's what the Shiny egg method is for, right? You can take 2 parents with bad IV's and turn something good out of it.

Assuming 2 parents have sub 30 IVs (if you consider that bad), the best I've seen is 31/31/A/31/A/31 or something like that, so 4 31s with two "bad" IVs, plus whatever nature/gender/shinyness/ability you want.

[edit]
MSC-copy and paste that particular seed in the "Seed to Time" Button and fiddle with the year till you get a delay you can hit. Unless you're comfortable with hitting high delays, you actually may or may not be able to use that seed.

Wasn't it said that the 2 bad IV'd parents can be bread and create an egg that has perfect of IV's and Nature?
I mean, that's what the Shiny egg method is for, right? You can take 2 parents with bad IV's and turn something good out of it.
Assuming 2 parents have sub 30 IVs (if you consider that bad), the best I've seen is 31/31/A/31/A/31 or something like that, so 4 31s with two "bad" IVs, plus whatever nature/gender/shinyness/ability you want.

Well i just did a little test on this and found a spread that had 31 in 5 stats and B in the other however this was way in to the future about 2530 and had a delay of about 900 which is not that big but still it crazy. And as for the frame well if you have a spare couple of hours and a really good way to keep track of journal flips you could do it.

Edit
I have a question of my own what is the best way to rest my frame to 0 so i can get an even one in front of the day care man?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Well i just did a little test on this and found a spread that had 31 in 5 stats and B in the other however this was way in to the future about 2530 and had a delay of about 900 which is not that big but still it crazy. And as for the frame well if you have a spare couple of hours and a really good way to keep track of journal flips you could do it.

Edit
I have a question of my own what is the best way to rest my frame to 0 so i can get an even one in front of the day care man?
Unfortunately though, you can only advance the DS Calendar to 2099. I don't know what you mean by "rest my frame to 0". You'll almost always get a frame of like 3-8 depending upon how active the NPCs happen to be at the moment you saved. If you want to get an even frame, just pause, save again, then check what frame(s) you happen to be getting. Eventually it'll come up as some even frame, but I'm 99.999999% sure it won't be 0. The lowest I've ever gotten was 2, and that was rare. >.>

[edit]
MSC-copy and paste that particular seed in the "Seed to Time" Button and fiddle with the year till you get a delay you can hit. Unless you're comfortable with hitting high delays, you actually may or may not be able to use that seed.
But isn't that Method 1? Don't you have to generate the spreads a different way to get the right frame? I am also attempting to learn how to RNG for method J legends and I am stuck at this point as well. I'm having trouble finding out how to get my target time and frame after I have found the seed hex I want to use.
Anyone have a second opinion?

Also, how many resets does it usually tke to get flawless?
There is no "opinion". If you need to get to frame 9, and you ARE on frame 9, and flipping the journal advances your frame, then why would you have to mess with it? Just hit "B" or "Start" when the journal comes up and carry on.

And the time it takes for you to get your desired result depends on how quickly you get lucky and hit your time, frame, and delay all at once. Delay is the trickiest, followed by frame and then time.

Ok im trying to RNG Abuse for a Wondercard and i wanna make sure im doing this right, i have my time date blah blah and when i continue into the game my journal pops up, now my frame is 181 so 181-1=180/2= 90 so 90 flips right? And I do my flips as soon as i get in the game right? And then collect it as fast as i can and then check ym coin flips?
EDIT: Because i usually hit my delay on the first 10 or so tries and i havent hit it in like 30.....

Supe

would you suck the poison out
What is this? A tootsie pop commercial?

There's no magic number of times that it takes to get a flawless poke. Just make sure you calibrate well and try to be consistent.

Ok im trying to RNG Abuse for a Wondercard and i wanna make sure im doing this right, i have my time date blah blah and when i continue into the game my journal pops up, now my frame is 181 so 181-1=180/2= 90 so 90 flips right? And I do my flips as soon as i get in the game right? And then collect it as fast as i can and then check ym coin flips?
EDIT: Because i usually hit my delay on the first 10 or so tries and i havent hit it in like 30.....
Last post syndrome.......

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Just keep trying. You've got it all set up correctly. :) Just a tip from me though, go on like serebii's IV calc, put in the IVs/nature/species you're shooting for and calculate it's stats at whatever level. Don't even bother with coinflips then. If it's the wrong stats, you missed your seed or journal flips, but really bud, it's just 90 flips. I doubt you'll miss that! xD

[edit]
And yeah, I've gotten flawless pokes on my first try sometimes, and sometimes it takes well over 100 trys (if you can't figure out what you're doing wrong >.<)

Just keep trying. You've got it all set up correctly. :) Just a tip from me though, go on like serebii's IV calc, put in the IVs/nature/species you're shooting for and calculate it's stats at whatever level. Don't even bother with coinflips then. If it's the wrong stats, you missed your seed or journal flips, but really bud, it's just 90 flips. I doubt you'll miss that! xD

[edit]
And yeah, I've gotten flawless pokes on my first try sometimes, and sometimes it takes well over 100 trys (if you can't figure out what you're doing wrong >.<)
Ok thanks glad to hear im doing it right XD Any money on my luck though ill get the wrong freaking nature x_x

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Ok thanks glad to hear im doing it right XD Any money on my luck though ill get the wrong freaking nature x_x
Yeah, I don't even really RNG random nature wondercards unless they're really something special. :P (like this Mew on my HG Cart, but that's about it)

So I'm trying to RNG abuse a shiny just to see how this method works out. I'm using a friend's game because they want to learn about the method.

I'm following the Smogon guide down to the letter and I'm using a Hoenn-migrated Metagross and a japanese Ditto. I'm positive the the ID and SID are entered into RNG Reporter correctly, but I still don't get a shiny.

Is there any chance that the fact that the pokemon is migrated could adversely affect whether RNG abuse will work? I've also read that you have to flip the coin toss app 10 times prior to starting in order to "clear the seed". I don't know about that.

Help?

I want to RNG for Zapdos. Unfortunately, both Moltres and Articuno are also generated at the same time at different frames (Zapdos is frame 6 I think, Moltres is 1 and Articuno is 11).

Is there a program add-on that would help for me to search for spreads that are on those frames to match up when they release so I can soft reset for all of them? Or should I just check random flawless sets to see if frames 5 off in either direction are decent?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I'm trying to RNG abuse a shiny just to see how this method works out. I'm using a friend's game because they want to learn about the method.

I'm following the Smogon guide down to the letter and I'm using a Hoenn-migrated Metagross and a japanese Ditto. I'm positive the the ID and SID are entered into RNG Reporter correctly, but I still don't get a shiny.

Is there any chance that the fact that the pokemon is migrated could adversely affect whether RNG abuse will work? I've also read that you have to flip the coin toss app 10 times prior to starting in order to "clear the seed". I don't know about that.

Help?
Nah, it doesn't make a difference. Just go back and make sure you're doing it right.

I want to RNG for Zapdos. Unfortunately, both Moltres and Articuno are also generated at the same time at different frames (Zapdos is frame 6 I think, Moltres is 1 and Articuno is 11).

Is there a program add-on that would help for me to search for spreads that are on those frames to match up when they release so I can soft reset for all of them? Or should I just check random flawless sets to see if frames 5 off in either direction are decent?
Nah, just do one, catch it, then kill the other 2, then beat the E4, then pick another do it by talking to oak to re-release the remaining 2, then catch it and kill the last, beat the E4 again and do your last one. I did all 3 on a Saturday. It doesn't take that long.

About how often does the lone wandering NPC in select PokéMarts affect the outcome of RNGing WonderCard Pokémon? Is it something I should really be concerned about? Of course, I speak with the delivery man as fast as possible after canceling the automatic appearance of the Journal.

Unfortunately though, you can only advance the DS Calendar to 2099. I don't know what you mean by "rest my frame to 0". You'll almost always get a frame of like 3-8 depending upon how active the NPCs happen to be at the moment you saved. If you want to get an even frame, just pause, save again, then check what frame(s) you happen to be getting. Eventually it'll come up as some even frame, but I'm 99.999999% sure it won't be 0. The lowest I've ever gotten was 2, and that was rare. >.>

Thanks all i am trying to do is get an even frame and though that if i could reset my frame i would be able to get an even one, i didnt really think about just resaving.

I also didnt know that the DS clock could only go as far a 2099 but that doesnt suprise me.

Thanks for your help Matt.

About how often does the lone wandering NPC in select PokéMarts affect the outcome of RNGing WonderCard Pokémon? Is it something I should really be concerned about? Of course, I speak with the delivery man as fast as possible after canceling the automatic appearance of the Journal.
It's pretty easy to find a save point where the NPC is not moving. The one I used only walked on 3 different adjacent squares in the mart. I found that saving right after he took a step from the center square onto either the square on the left or on the right to generally be a good point. Right after you save, before turning the game off just observe him to make sure he does not move right away and you should be okay (most of the time, it's not really an exact science or anything).

[edit]
So, it says its available at the year 2021 at the dleay I can hit, 606, at 01:02:00 hrs. Does this mean if I hit my delay and advance the frame on this date, to frame 5918(5919-1-0) then I will get a flawless Dialga? PS is there a flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) adamant frame for Giratina, because I might restart my game to try and get one? PPS Has the HG/SS RNG been cracked enough to hit a frame easily, I want to know because the Enigma Crystal will be available soon and I want flawless Timid Latios.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So, it says its available at the year 2021 at the dleay I can hit, 606, at 01:02:00 hrs. Does this mean if I hit my delay and advance the frame on this date, to frame 5918(5919-1-0) then I will get a flawless Dialga?
If that's what RNG reporter says then yes
PS is there a flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) adamant frame for Giratina, because I might restart my game to try and get one?
I'm 100% sure there is, I just haven't needed to look one up yet.:P
PPS Has the HG/SS RNG been cracked enough to hit a frame easily, I want to know because the Enigma Crystal will be available soon and I want flawless Timid Latios.
Ha. Not "easily" yet, but you can RNG in HG/SS. I just did a 30/31/30/31/31/31 HP I 70 Raikou Sunday Afternoon after 2 days of figuring out what I needed to do (I only have the cart too). It's complicated, but if you seriously keep at it, it is possible.:P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)