i cant seem to hit my delay ive been trying for over 1 hour now
its a delay that i always hit and for some reason i keep hitting other delays

edit: for the shiny abuse part i hit the same delay in a mere 3 goes
all i did was change the date by 18 days in same month for the final iv abuse

i cant seem to hit my delay ive been trying for over 1 hour now
its a delay that i always hit and for some reason i keep hitting other delays

edit: for the shiny abuse part i hit the same delay in a mere 3 goes
all i did was change the date by 18 days in same month for the final iv abuse
Well, as long as you are capable of hitting even delays if the target is even (or odd, either way), then you simply haven't hit your delay. Changing date should not matter. Try not to overthink and hit A to hit a certain delay. Just mash it as you normally would.

Well, as long as you are capable of hitting even delays if the target is even (or odd, either way), then you simply haven't hit your delay. Changing date should not matter. Try not to overthink and hit A to hit a certain delay. Just mash it as you normally would.
ive been mashing it the same then i tried to change now i think i am overthinking even taking a lil break didnt clear my mind it making me so frustated that i cant hit my delay

ill just keep retrying like 10 more times otherwise i might resave and try landing on some other frame to hit same delay

Okay, I spent all night resetting to get a Timid HP Ice Zapdos in Platinum, and I hit frame 253 instead of 254. I followed the guide which said to subtract the monster frame (which was 6 for Zapdos, as I have not caught the other birds). That is 248 frames to flip. I did 124 journal flips and talked to Oak. I was standing right in front of him.

When releasing the birds, is there an EXTRA 1 frame you have to add that I missed? It took probably 4 hours to get the timing right, because the delay had to be 594 (DS time was 2001, I couldn't go any lower than that, as for some reason I can't hit odd delays).

I have a question.
I'm saved at an odd frame is there anyway to make that even?
An easy way that wont waste all my current work

I have a question.
I'm saved at an odd frame is there anyway to make that even?
An easy way that wont waste all my current work
I'm assuming you're egg IV RNG abusing. As long as the day care man is still in possession of the egg, just load up and make a new save point and hope you hit an even frame.

There are also people who use NPC's to advance 1 frame, but I've never done it and have always found it easier just to resave.

I'm assuming you're egg IV RNG abusing. As long as the day care man is still in possession of the egg, just load up and make a new save point and hope you hit an even frame.

There are also people who use NPC's to advance 1 frame, but I've never done it and have always found it easier just to resave.
Okay, thanks. I thought it was the ony way...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Okay, I spent all night resetting to get a Timid HP Ice Zapdos in Platinum, and I hit frame 253 instead of 254. I followed the guide which said to subtract the monster frame (which was 6 for Zapdos, as I have not caught the other birds). That is 248 frames to flip. I did 124 journal flips and talked to Oak. I was standing right in front of him.

When releasing the birds, is there an EXTRA 1 frame you have to add that I missed? It took probably 4 hours to get the timing right, because the delay had to be 594 (DS time was 2001, I couldn't go any lower than that, as for some reason I can't hit odd delays).
Hmmmmm.....
1) Do you have either Meprit or Cress roaming? It would make you hit an odd frame...
2) Assuming the above ^^^ you might have just miscounted because your math looks right
3) No, there isn't an "extra 1 frame you have to add". I've done the birds already.
4) Did you generate your spread with Method 1, not method J? You could be shooting for the wrong frame to get your spread...

Sounds like either you've got a roamer and miscounted, or maybe generated with the wrong method...

Hmmmmm.....
1) Do you have either Meprit or Cress roaming? It would make you hit an odd frame...
2) Assuming the above ^^^ you might have just miscounted because your math looks right
3) No, there isn't an "extra 1 frame you have to add". I've done the birds already.
4) Did you generate your spread with Method 1, not method J? You could be shooting for the wrong frame to get your spread...

Sounds like either you've got a roamer and miscounted, or maybe generated with the wrong method...
I generated with Method 1 for sure, because I caught the Zapdos and checked the spread, and it was one frame lower than I needed.

Mespirit and Cresselia have not been released in my game, so it's not that. I transferred the trio over from my Pearl, and I haven't been to Full Moon Island.

Are there any differences with Method 1 and Method J besides changing the pull down menu in RNG Reporter? I did the exact same method I did to catch Azelf, except I changed it to Method 1 to find the spread, and I subtracted 6 frames instead of 1. I might try to do exactly what I did before and run 128 steps and flip the journal 2 less times to see if I get one frame higher.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I generated with Method 1 for sure, because I caught the Zapdos and checked the spread, and it was one frame lower than I needed.

Mespirit and Cresselia have not been released in my game, so it's not that. I transferred the trio over from my Pearl, and I haven't been to Full Moon Island.

Are there any differences with Method 1 and Method J besides changing the pull down menu in RNG Reporter? I did the exact same method I did to catch Azelf, except I changed it to Method 1 to find the spread, and I subtracted 6 frames instead of 1. I might try to do exactly what I did before and run 128 steps and flip the journal 2 less times to see if I get one frame higher.
Nah, just from what you said, you're going about it correctly, and it worked fine for my 3 birds...

Just go over everything and make sure you've got it all straight just one more time...

What are your seed, frame, date and time?

Yes, to find the spread you want for legends, you will need to take the seed from that sheet (or use PokeRNG to find one) and then use RNG Reporter to generate the seed under method J. Make sure you put in the synch nature and correct IVs, and then you should be able to see a list of frames your target will be on. After you do that then you will be able to use Syberia's steps to help you calibrate and finally to catch your target. The reason Syberia's post doesn't explain that is probably because it assumes the reader would have a certain degree of knowledge about RNG capturing if they are ready to try to use emloop. Hopefully that helps.

Edit:

Yeah Test I guess the way I explained it didn't really make sense. By changing the year to 2010 it made my target 8560, which I hit the first try. I guess that didn't help since I now have no idea whether I ever would have been able to hit an odd delay or not. It seems that I would have had to have an even year to hit my target because every delay I got the whole time was even, regardless of year, GBA game, etc. So I guess it would be nice to know what other people are seeing/have seen when doing this. I don't know, I guess I would have to do it again to really test anything like that, but since I already got my target I won't be doing it any time soon lol.
Thanks, I'll try it out!

There's an alternative to button mashing that I use that is more controlled for me anyway. If I'm on a jumpy frame, or on an odd and I need an even, I watch the Buneary running back and forth along the fence, an note it's position when I hit "A". I then check my frame to see if it is even or odd, and after finding my "sweet spot" I'm set. I guess it just kind of serves as a visual so you can more easily hit the same frame over and over.

Nah, just from what you said, you're going about it correctly, and it worked fine for my 3 birds...

Just go over everything and make sure you've got it all straight just one more time...

What are your seed, frame, date and time?
I may have figured out my problem.

My seed is 9D020253, the frame is 254. I am using 11-13-2001 at 02:13:00 as my reset point. I was consistently hitting 02:13:59 as I reset, which meant I was one second early. I am not sure if that makes a difference in the seed generation or not, because I hit the same number of flips, but I guess that might have been it.

This morning, I changed my timing to hit the correct 02:14:00 I was aiming for. I just hit it a moment ago, so I will flip my journals and try to catch it again. The frame is 254, subtract 6 is 248, divide by 2 is 124 journal flips, and talk to Oak. Thanks for helping me out, this bird is making me angry :).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I may have figured out my problem.

My seed is 9D020253, the frame is 254. I am using 11-13-2001 at 02:13:00 as my reset point. I was consistently hitting 02:13:59 as I reset, which meant I was one second early. I am not sure if that makes a difference in the seed generation or not, because I hit the same number of flips, but I guess that might have been it.

This morning, I changed my timing to hit the correct 02:14:00 I was aiming for. I just hit it a moment ago, so I will flip my journals and try to catch it again. The frame is 254, subtract 6 is 248, divide by 2 is 124 journal flips, and talk to Oak. Thanks for helping me out, this bird is making me angry :).
Yeah, I just doublechecked your info, and as long as you do that you "ought" to get it. Wish I would have seen that seed of yours, though, I used a different one that gave me a 30/3/30/31/31/31 Timid, HP I 70 spread, but it was at frame 7500 something T_T.

I picked this spread for that reason. I couldn't handle doing 3000 journal flips.

The only problem is that it's 29 HP and the Hidden Power is only 69, but I did some calculations and that shouldn't matter unless I am against a very defensive Dragonite or if I manage to get Zapdos to switch in 4 times (I doubt it). Still in process of catching the dang thing, now it's much faster than it was before and my Rotom can't paralyze it with Thunder Wave after being tossed a Mean Look from Crobat. I should have got a +speed nature on that Rotom.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I picked this spread for that reason. I couldn't handle doing 3000 journal flips.

The only problem is that it's 29 HP and the Hidden Power is only 69, but I did some calculations and that shouldn't matter unless I am against a very defensive Dragonite or if I manage to get Zapdos to switch in 4 times (I doubt it). Still in process of catching the dang thing, now it's much faster than it was before and my Rotom can't paralyze it with Thunder Wave after being tossed a Mean Look from Crobat. I should have got a +speed nature on that Rotom.
That's a good sign! ;) And yeah, I've actually used that 3558 J Flip spread 5 times now. I might use yours next time though.

I wasn't able to catch it. I killed it by accident after an hour and a half fighting it. I was not prepared enough for it I guess. This is turning into a disaster.

My Rotom is not fast enough to paralyze it. I have two options. I can try to do the Battle Frontier to get enough points to get Thunder Wave again, or level the crap out of it. I guess i'll do that. Dang this sucks.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tip: plug those Method J spreads with really high frames into the Seed Finder with Open Search and Show Offset selected. It'll list all the seeds you can find them on, and you can use Emloop to reach a seed with reasonably high delay (2000-3000 or so).

For instance, you can use seed DC0905E8 to get that 30\3\30\31\31\31 Timid Zapdos with only 35 journal flips.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Tip: plug those Method J spreads with really high frames into the Seed Finder with Open Search and Show Offset selected. It'll list all the seeds you can find them on, and you can use Emloop to reach a seed with reasonably high (2000-3000 or so).

For instance, you can use seed DC0905E8 to get that 30\3\30\31\31\31 Timid Zapdos with only 35 journal flips.
Thanks Omega! I seriously appreciate that advice! :D Does it work for all/most spreads like that? Do all/most appear at higher delays but with lower frames? I've heard people talk about this, but I haven't looked into it because I have only missed my count 1 time, but I can see how it could be easier...

sweet! just completed my first rng abuse... arceus 31/22/31/30/31/30... but it is gentle... +spc def -def... took me awhile to get it right... but wrong nature... should i keep going or is it good??

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
sweet! just completed my first rng abuse... arceus 31/22/31/30/31/30... but it is gentle... +spc def -def... took me awhile to get it right... but wrong nature... should i keep going or is it good??
Unfortunately, because it's L100, you can't "properly" EV it, so in my opinion, it doesn't really matter. :P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Omega! I seriously appreciate that advice! :D Does it work for all/most spreads like that? Do all/most appear at higher delays but with lower frames? I've heard people talk about this, but I haven't looked into it because I have only missed my count 1 time, but I can see how it could be easier...
I think most will, but you need to check Open Search to be sure about your particular spread.

Okay, I caught the Zapdos. I resorted to using my Master Ball. Cresselia and Mespirit will just have to wait till I get a hold of another one.

Don't give up, lol. Mine took the better part of two days, but I am very pleased with the result.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yay! I finally got a flawless Squirtle in Emerald! I had been trying the whole afternoon, and now I'm a bit tired, hehe.

Question time!

Will it be possible to one day determine if the Pokémon that hatches from an egg in a Third Gen game changes its nature upon evolving in a Fourth Gen game?

Also, has a reliable way of checking your seed in HGSS been found? Which one is the easiest way to advance the RNG there? That's the only thing that's stopping me from trying to get a flawless Suicune, Latias, and Ho-Oh in my SoulSilver cart.

I'll be guessing the answer to the next one is NEGATIVE, but it doesn't hurt to ask: Is there a way of manipulating the RNG for Pokémon Colosseum's Bonus Disc's Jirachi?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Yay! I finally got a flawless Squirtle in Emerald! I had been trying the whole afternoon, and now I'm a bit tired, hehe.

Question time!

Will it be possible to one day determine if the Pokémon that hatches from an egg in a Third Gen game changes its nature upon evolving in a Fourth Gen game?
Not without looking at the Emerald game data, though. All you can do for now is clone the Pokemon and Pal Park it over.

Also, has a reliable way of checking your seed in HGSS been found? Which one is the easiest way to advance the RNG there? That's the only thing that's stopping me from trying to get a flawless Suicune, Latias, and Ho-Oh in my SoulSilver cart.
What kind of natures are you looking for on those?

I've RNG'd a few legends on HGSS, and the technique basically boils down to:

1) Use Emloop to hit a seed that gets you the Pokemon with few frame advancements.
2) Use a Synchronizer to boost the number of Method K frames that get you your target.
3) Talk to your Pokemon\use the radio to advance the RNG, and hope you land on one of those Method K frames. You will probably land on the correct seed a couple times and end up missing the frame.

Obviously this won't work for the roamers. But, if you're willing to settle for 31\14\31\31\31\31 Timid, seed 10B042F has one on Method K frames 3, 5, 7, 11, and 13. It's Method 1 frame 14, so you shouldn't have much problem with hitting it for Latias.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not without looking at the Emerald game data, though. All you can do for now is clone the Pokemon and Pal Park it over.

What kind of natures are you looking for on those?

I've RNG'd a few legends on HGSS, and the technique basically boils down to:

1) Use Emloop to hit a seed that gets you the Pokemon with few frame advancements.
2) Use a Synchronizer to boost the number of Method K frames that get you your target.
3) Talk to your Pokemon\use the radio to advance the RNG, and hope you land on one of those Method K frames. You will probably land on the correct seed a couple times and end up missing the frame.

Obviously this won't work for the roamers. But, if you're willing to settle for 31\14\31\31\31\31 Timid, seed 10B042F has one on Method K frames 3, 5, 7, 11, and 13. It's Method 1 frame 14, so you shouldn't have much problem with hitting it for Latias.
I thought I had read that talking to your Pokémon didn't advance the RNg, but turning did. I guess I got it wrong.

How do you tune the radio? do you just drag the tuner and release it anywhere or do you have to keep holding it while tuning? I'm still really new to HGSS RNG abusing, so you'll have to forgive my n00bness.

Also, Latias is not a roamer in SoulSilver, as it will appear after giving the Mysterious Crystal to Steven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 34)