Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Another questions
Doing the pokemon breeding RNG
If I hit my target time + my flips match my delay but the IV were wrong, was it because a NPC moved or was it a possibility that I was off by some nano-seconds and my delays was corresponding to another target time?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick Question..

I've been RNG Breeding for almost a week now, and can not get a successful result. After testing, I find out that my Delay is always an ODD numbah (I have a non-pokemon game in the GBA slot). If I remove my GBA game, or insert a Pokemon game, from/into the slot, I hear it will affect my Delay. In what way will it do so, and will anything else (Frame, etc) change?
Removing or inserting a pokemon game usually causes your delay to shift form even to odd and vice-versa and it doesnt affect your frames

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ahh, so it doesn't matter if it's Pokemon or not? Thank you, now hopefully I can get lucky enough to hit my Delay soon. =)
It actually does matter. The change in delay is caused by the appearance of that "Migrate from [version]" option, which doesn't show up without a 3rd gen Pokemon game.

@ Giratina-Man: Yes, you can. That's how we can abuse GBA insert pokemon (my new Arcanine for example). What it does is it switches your delay from even to odd or vice-versa while it's inserted. This helps when you need to get an even delay when your normal is odd, or get an odd when it's normally even.

It actually does matter. The change in delay is caused by the appearance of that "Migrate from [version]" option, which doesn't show up without a 3rd gen Pokemon game.
@ Giratina-Man: Yes, you can. That's how we can abuse GBA insert pokemon (my new Arcanine for example). What it does is it switches your delay from even to odd or vice-versa while it's inserted. This helps when you need to get an even delay when your normal is odd, or get an odd when it's normally even.
So wait a second. Say I have a non-Pokemon game in, and my Delay is always Odd. If I take that game out, will my Delay always be Even?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So wait a second. Say I have a non-Pokemon game in, and my Delay is always Odd. If I take that game out, will my Delay always be Even?
Non-pokemon games will have no affect as Omegadonut pointed out its the "migrate pokemon" option that appears that has an affect on the delay changing so if that game is not a thrid generation pokemon game then chances are the delay won't change by removing or inserting it.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
^^^ Plus, it's not just "removing" a 3rd Gen Pal Parkable game I'm pretty sure it's putting it back in again that changes it from odd to even, etc...

Honestly though. If you don't happen to have a 3rd gen game or whatever, just change your year by 1 and that will change your delay from odd to even too. :P

@ Nexus + Mattj:

That clears it up. I will retest it after I insert Emerald. And if that doesn't work, I will go back to the game I previously had in (Tales of Phantasia) and just advance the clock to next year. Thank you! =)

Wow, you make it sound all that more simple.
So, R/S/E are ok to have in either way? For even or odd delays?
But not have the LG/FR games in, right? Those are bad, right?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Wow, you make it sound all that more simple.
So, R/S/E are ok to have in either way? For even or odd delays?
But not have the LG/FR games in, right? Those are bad, right?
Not quite. ANY game that you can pal park off of will change your delay from odd to even. And it's not "bad" it's quite useful sometimes, if you care about getting the "correct" year on your poke.

stuck at the bottom of the last page.
On Emerald you can. The first page has information on that.
But there is no information on R/S.
As all pokemon games share same basic RNG, it should be theoretically possible. But I dont know exactly how it will work.

On Emerald you can. The first page has information on that.
But there is no information on R/S.
As all pokemon games share same basic RNG, it should be theoretically possible. But I dont know exactly how it will work.
I'm sure it "is" possible, but nobody has a guide on it. :/
Thank you...I will have to wait to see if someone makes them.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to RNG in RS?
Not unless you physically open the cartridge to desolder the battery that keeps the clock ticking.

Emerald's RNG is a lot easier to work with because the starting seed is always 0. But in RS the starting seed is constantly changing, even when the game is off. By desoldering the battery it stops the clock from changing, but the seed won't be 0. You'd have to use RNG Reporter to figure out what that seed would be.

Not unless you physically open the cartridge to desolder the battery that keeps the clock ticking.

Emerald's RNG is a lot easier to work with because the starting seed is always 0. But in RS the starting seed is constantly changing, even when the game is off. By desoldering the battery it stops the clock from changing, but the seed won't be 0. You'd have to use RNG Reporter to figure out what that seed would be.
ohh OK....if I just knew what that means.

Also, I read somewhere, but I wanted to confirm:

Is it possible to RNG on an emulator?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

woah, woah. Just to confirm, once you take that battery out, or whatever, and figure out what seed you stopped on, you CAN RNG R/S just like Emerald??? Sounds pretty easy...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
woah, woah. Just to confirm, once you take that battery out, or whatever, and figure out what seed you stopped on, you CAN RNG R/S just like Emerald??? Sounds pretty easy...
Well, you can't just take the battery out, because you need it to retain your game save. You need to desolder some specific point I don't know about to keep it from affecting the clock. But other than that, it's as easy as you said.

EDIT: And oh yeah, as mingot pointed out, it's not nearly as easy as RNGing on Emerald. There's no Synchronizers, and the gender\nature\ability of the egg are not locked in when the Day Care Man is holding in egg.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to do this.

(PS. if you are going to devote any time to rng abuse you will find that emerald synchronizors will really save you some of it. enough that if you calculated the number of pokemon you wish to capture and multiplied it by the time you save in emerald you could probably work for minimum wage for that period of time to be able to afford a copy of emerald and still come out ahead).

(PS. if you are going to devote any time to rng abuse you will find that emerald synchronizors will really save you some of it. enough that if you calculated the number of pokemon you wish to capture and multiplied it by the time you save in emerald you could probably work for minimum wage for that period of time to be able to afford a copy of emerald and still come out ahead).
because maybe some people don't have emerald, but it would require alot of work to do it.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

BAAHAA! That makes so much sense! xD Nah, it's just sometimes hard to find a legit copy of emerald at least in my area. However, now that I've got HG, there's not much of a reason anymore. :/

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
The only possible reason I could think of is that it could potentially mean not waiting for weeks for a good spread for a Latios to appear or something. But it's moot since we get it in HGSS anyway.

Maybe this would be of interest to anyone who wanted a Lunatone\Zangoose in a Dive Ball and tutored Mimic or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)