Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I actually managed to hit my correct seed for a Shiny, Calm, female, ability 1 egg using seed 6C01034F with my OT of 01604 and SID of 29645. My problem? It didn't turn out shiny! I'm loathe to dispose of my new Ralts, but I don't know how it didn't turn out shiny. Can anyone lend me a hand here? I used Syberia's Flawless Ditto and a Ralts of my own as parents and had international parents and HGSS checked on the shiny egg finder box as well.

Also, if I decide to indeed keep this Ralts, to RNG for IVs I reset my game (saved in front of the Day-Care man when he was holding my egg before collecting my egg) and try to hit a different seed now, right?

I checked that seed using your OT and SID but I found only one shiny that was calm but it was most likely to be a male with ability 0. Are you sure you had your SID and OT in RNG Reporter correctly when you hit generate. If you were using RNG Reporter for a different game, like Diamond or something, it would keep the other SID and OT until you changed it manually.

I checked that seed using your OT and SID but I found only one shiny that was calm but it was most likely to be a male with ability 0. Are you sure you had your SID and OT in RNG Reporter correctly when you hit generate. If you were using RNG Reporter for a different game, like Diamond or something, it would keep the other SID and OT until you changed it manually.
I am sure, but I will enter them in again and double check. I was still using my SS IDs for my SS game.

Also, any chance you would know the answer to my second question about resetting for IVs? Once the egg is being held by the Day Care man, I can soft reset/abuse for IVs all I want to, correct?

EDIT: Double checked, had international parents and HGSS egg checked in the Shiny Egg time finder and found that seed coming up again. I still don't know why it came out normal :(

EDIT 2: I reentered it a third time, and it gave me a time that's 12 hours different from my first one ><

Yes, you can, but since you're half way there, you might as well learn to RNG the IVs too. Why don't you read my noob guides. They may help.

I am sure, but I will enter them in again and double check. I was still using my SS IDs for my SS game.

Also, any chance you would know the answer to my second question about resetting for IVs? Once the egg is being held by the Day Care man, I can soft reset/abuse for IVs all I want to, correct?

EDIT: Double checked, had international parents and HGSS egg checked in the Shiny Egg time finder and found that seed coming up again. I still don't know why it came out normal :(

EDIT 2: I reentered it a third time, and it gave me a time that's 12 hours different from my first one ><
I've put your OT and SID into Time Finder for shiny eggs and generated, on today's date, seeds for shiny and calm females, and that seed isn't coming up for me at all.

Yes, you can, but since you're half way there, you might as well learn to RNG the IVs too. Why don't you read my noob guides. They may help.

I've put your OT and SID into Time Finder for shiny eggs and generated, on today's date, seeds for shiny and calm females, and that seed isn't coming up for me at all.
the new seed that came up with the 12 hours difference is 4F0D033E

oh, the date is 06/06/2010 that might help ^^;

I am aiming for flawless Ivs, so what if I get a frame of 5 but I want one that has 9 frames from the list of seeds RNG reporter gave me. Would I have to flip a page (with a Pokemon caught) two times? Or do I have to aim for the seeds that have 5 frames?

Me and aiming for HP Ice Riolu is a pain in the butt.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am aiming for flawless Ivs, so what if I get a frame of 5 but I want one that has 9 frames from the list of seeds RNG reporter gave me. Would I have to flip a page (with a Pokemon caught) two times? Or do I have to aim for the seeds that have 5 frames?

Me and aiming for HP Ice Riolu is a pain in the butt.
you can flip to a page with a caught or defeated pokemon two times to advance it to 9.

you can flip to a page with a caught or defeated pokemon two times to advance it to 9.
Thanks. Now if I can figure out what am I doing wrong. 1 hour and I thought I got what I wanted and sadly, flawless Iv's but speed. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Alright, I'm looking for someone to teach me how to RNG standing legends. I've read everything I can find, watched bearfan's videos, but there still aren't set instructions, as far as I can see. This is my spread:

730004c2
22 4167fe3a
BOLD Ability 0
31 31 31 30 31 31 ELECTRIC 70

And my time and stuff.

June 2, 2010 0:53:50
Delay 1208
Frame 22

I've saved in front of Suicune (battling at Burned Tower so no NPC troubles) and from here I have no idea what to do. I can use PikaTimer but I'm kinda hesitant on trying Emloop or whatever because it's in Japanese ... I'm also on a DSi if that matters.

What am I supposed to do from here?

Oops. Never mind. I was using another DS... does that mean the seconds and delay are different because there is a big difference in seconds but on delays, barley.

Hi, I just started attempting the capture method of RNG.

I have had past success with the breeding method, but the capture method is supposedly easier, so I decided to try it out. I am using an adamant synchronizer, going for a Magikarp on route 205, 01/06/2001 18:05:14, seed:19120275, frame 37 time 14, delay 628, adamant female 31/31/30/x/30/31.

Here is my methodology and assumptions, I hope someone can help me spot my error.

My biggest assumption that I am least sure about is this one: I was under the impression that the reason that capture method is considered easier than breeding is that, because of synchronizers, one doesn't need to hit the exact delay, assuming that the delay target seed is not preceded immediately by another seed of the same nature. Anotherwords, I am assuming that if I hit 18:05:14 626delay, and 626, 627 delay are not adamant, then 54% of the time when i hit 626, the synchronizer will 'roll forward' to hit my target seed, despite the fact that I actually missed by ~2/60 seconds. Is this true/ mostly true? Or did I make this assumption up?

Now, methodology: My target frame is 37, there are no roamers, and I don't believe any wandering npcs are present. Thus, 37-4 = 33, as 4 is the monster frame for fished pokemon. 33 = 11x3, so surfing 11 steps with repel active should advance the frame from 4 to 37, achieving my goal. I then use old rod, and get my fabulous magikarp. I am borrowing a page from the breeding method, as my delay is 628, which I know I can hit, and because ttime is 18:05:14, I am syncing clock to 18:04, resetting at 18:05, and hitting my ttime of 18:05:14. I believe this is working, as coinflip trick is consistently giving me results in the proper range of time/delays. Does this sound ok?

Finally, a question: I once read on this site a much more indepth piece about the capture and breeding methods than is available in the rng guide by mingot, but I can't find said piece on the site. I remember that it talked about what to do if you're frame is not stable for breeding method, and the workings of synchronizers in the capture method. Does anyone know where I might find this piece again? It may have been on the forums, or perhaps even linked from this thread... Thanks for reading my enormous text wall, and thanks in advance for RNG/ article finding help.

-pie4life

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I just started attempting the capture method of RNG.

I have had past success with the breeding method, but the capture method is supposedly easier, so I decided to try it out. I am using an adamant synchronizer, going for a Magikarp on route 205, 01/06/2001 18:05:14, seed:19120275, frame 37 time 14, delay 628, adamant female 31/31/30/x/30/31.

Here is my methodology and assumptions, I hope someone can help me spot my error.

My biggest assumption that I am least sure about is this one: I was under the impression that the reason that capture method is considered easier than breeding is that, because of synchronizers, one doesn't need to hit the exact delay, assuming that the delay target seed is not preceded immediately by another seed of the same nature. Anotherwords, I am assuming that if I hit 18:05:14 626delay, and 626, 627 delay are not adamant, then 54% of the time when i hit 626, the synchronizer will 'roll forward' to hit my target seed, despite the fact that I actually missed by ~2/60 seconds. Is this true/ mostly true? Or did I make this assumption up?

It's false and you made it up. The only thing a synchronizer does is produce the spread you want on multiple frames so for example lets say that the adamant spread you want appears on frame 9, 11, 13 without a synchronizer, but if you use an adamant synchronizer then the spread would appear on frames 6,7,8,9,11,13 so now the spread appears on 6 frames as opposed to three, of course this is a hypothetical example and you'll have to find the frames that give you the spread you want with a synchronizer using RNG reporter.

Now, methodology: My target frame is 37, there are no roamers, and I don't believe any wandering npcs are present. Thus, 37-4 = 33, as 4 is the monster frame for fished pokemon. 33 = 11x3, so surfing 11 steps with repel active should advance the frame from 4 to 37, achieving my goal. I then use old rod, and get my fabulous magikarp. I am borrowing a page from the breeding method, as my delay is 628, which I know I can hit, and because ttime is 18:05:14, I am syncing clock to 18:04, resetting at 18:05, and hitting my ttime of 18:05:14. I believe this is working, as coinflip trick is consistently giving me results in the proper range of time/delays. Does this sound ok?

Incorrect, again. The RNG advances by 1 for each step/turn you make in an area with wild pokemon (grass/water/cave). So taking 11 "steps" on the water would only advance the RNG by 11 frames, using the rod would give you 11 + 4 = 15. What you can do is perform 16 journal flips to pages with caught/defeated pokemon, then take 1 "step" on the water and use the rod to get your desired frame of 37, 16 journal flips x 2 advancement/flip = 32 advancements + 1 for "step" = 33 + 4 for fishing = 37. You are correct about the delay/target time part and if your target delay is 628 for this seed then that's what you should aim for and try to hit, using the coin flips to verify.

Thanks for your help.

Do you know where I can find condensed information about RNG manipulation beyond the rather short guide?

Also, why is capture method considered easier than the breeding method, as mingot's guide states it is?

With breeding, you have to go through it twice, once for the shiny egg/ability/nature then for the IVs. There is also a wandering NPC on the Daycare route, in HGSS, and several wandering NPCs in Solaceon town in DPPt. With capturing, you have to RNG once, not twice, and you can choose a place with no NPCs.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Thanks for your help.

Do you know where I can find condensed information about RNG manipulation beyond the rather short guide?

Also, why is capture method considered easier than the breeding method, as mingot's guide states it is?
No to the first question, as for the second its mainly because when you RNG for egg IVs you have to deal with a multitude of randomly moving NPCs, in DPPt at least, and that tends to make your frame in crease or decrease randomly, so you always have to calibrate before each breed, which could take a few minutes. For catching there is no frame calibration, this especially holds true if there are no NPCs so you can just hit your delay/target time and advance to the frame you want. Additionally, I forgot to mention that the 1 advancement for every step you take in an area with wild pokemon does not always hold true in HG/SS and taking steps in areas with wild pokemon may advance the frame by 1-4 frames randomly or not at all.

In the past, I had been told by multiple people in this thread that I would always need to calibrate when IV breeding in HG/SS. I saw the 2nd post in this topic has been updated to say that calibration is NOT needed since the egg almost always comes on frame 3, but my two HG/SS egg projects in the past have resulted in frames that are not always equal to [starting frame] + 3.

project 1: 3 frames advanced due to roamers; calibration: 6, 6, 6, 6; final RNG'd result at 6.
project 2: 3 frames advanced due to roamers; calibration: 4, 5, 4, 4, 4; final RNG'd result at 4.

My first project is consistent with the "almost always at 3" statement once roamers are factored in, but my second project is not. Is this very unusual or what?

deficient magikarp are deficient

No to the first question, as for the second its mainly because when you RNG for egg IVs you have to deal with a multitude of randomly moving NPCs, in DPPt at least, and that tends to make your frame in crease or decrease randomly, so you always have to calibrate before each breed, which could take a few minutes. For catching there is no frame calibration, this especially holds true if there are no NPCs so you can just hit your delay/target time and advance to the frame you want. Additionally, I forgot to mention that the 1 advancement for every step you take in an area with wild pokemon does not always hold true in HG/SS and taking steps in areas with wild pokemon may advance the frame by 1-4 frames randomly or not at all.
Ok, so, with the help that I received earlier I was able to hit my delay and time exactly, and I generated exactly the seed that I wanted, which I checked to be correct. However, my magikarp was still deficient.

This is almost certainly due to the fact that I messed up when advancing the frame by 33. I am in pearl fyi, and, because I have in the past had problems advancing the frame by journal, I instead advanced the frame by walking or turning 33 times in the *water* (does water still work as grass does?). This, theoretically, should have gotten me to frame 37, but it clearly did not. I checked through coinflip, and again by checking ev's of the magikarp I did catch, which confirmed I hit the proper delay time and seed. So, the only thing I messed up was frame.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? In D/P my 33 steps/&/or/turns in water should have gotten my to frame 37 from monster frame 4, but it appears they did not. I have had trouble with journal advancement in the past also, so, while I'm sure I am making an error, I don't think it had to do with walking to advance the frame (unless of course water doesn't work in the same manner as grass does?).

Once again, thank you for the help. God I hate frames...

From what I understand of catching, walking 128 steps advances the frame to an equal number of the pokemon in your party. Therefore, when out of the grass (I don't know about water), if you walk 128 steps with four pokes in your party, you have advanced the frame by 4. I think you should look at the guide again and confirm what happens in grass and on water. I have only caught legendaries while out of the grass, and this has worked for me, but I use the journal to get most of the advancement done.

You're definitely not doing it correctly. The journal is quicker. It advances the frames twice per caught poke entry. You use walking only to get the remaining advancement when you don't have an even frame.

Edit: I re-read the guide and it says turning and walking in grass advances the frame one each time, however, I'm not sure why you're aiming for 33 advancements when you want frame 37. Are you in an area with NPCs? Because that's the only thing that would give you a starting frame higher than 1.

I'd save on the grass. Restart the game and do 18 journal flips to get 36, quit the journal, turn once and, if a poke didn't show up when I turned, I'd sweet scent without further movement.

From what I understand of catching, walking 128 steps advances the frame to an equal number of the pokemon in your party. Therefore, when out of the grass (I don't know about water), if you walk 128 steps with four pokes in your party, you have advanced the frame by 4. I think you should look at the guide again and confirm what happens in grass and on water, but I expect you're going to be dealing with a count of 128 to advance the frame equal to your number of pokes in your party. I have only caught legendaries while out of the grass, and this has worked for me, but I use the journal to get most of the advancement done.

You're definitely not doing it correctly. The journal is quicker. It advances the frames twice per caught poke entry. You use walking only to get the remaining advancement when you don't have an even frame.
What you describe is true, however, the method you employ is just one of three prescribed by the RNG guide - what I did *should* work if I were doing it properly; leading me to believe that I am not in fact doing it correctly, or it would work. I'd like to believe that this is simply a question of advancement not working the same way in the water, but I don't believe that this is the case.

Yeah, I also read sweet scent advances by two, so you have to take that into account when calculating your advancements as well. One less journal flip than I estimated (17 instead of 18), plus sweet scent, plus a turn on an area with wild pokes (grass or water). Edit, the turn would be before sweet scent.

You didn't say if you had NPCs.

Edit: Forgot about your monster frame, so that's the reason you have minus four on your frame. But the NPC issue may still be a problem if there are any near the shore. Also, do you have any Roaming legendaries?

One more edit: Without NPC Frame calculation 37- 4(water poke)=33- 1 turn= 32 divide by 2 = 16 journal flips - a sweet scent (2 frames) leaves 15 flips.

So 15 flips, 1 turn, 1 sweet scent.

However, if you have roaming legendaries, that calculations no good. You'll need to subtract them first. And if you have NPCs anywhere, your starting frame will have to be figured out first.

One more edit: You're in Pearl so the magikarp is fished. So take off the sweet scent.

Hey. I'm trying to abuse for my ID/SID. It take me 75 seconds to do the beginning of the game sequence. How would I use this time in the pikatimer though?

Edit: Figured t out. Now the trouble is hitting my delay.

Alrighty, I'm trying to help my friend Egg IV RNG on HGSS but it's difficult as I can't actually see what he's doing. He's trying to hit frame 14 on Seed AC1601FC. So he said he hit his seed, verifying via Elm calls which match up... so he calls 13 times and grabs the egg, which is correct, right? Since the egg is Frame 1... But his IVs are way off and don't show up at all in the IVs in that seed.

The only explanation is that he didn't hit the seed, even though the calls matched up... Could there be any other explanation? Roamers are gone, btw.

EDIT: Parent B was holding a Power Item. Has it been tested as to the effects of Power Items on the RNG?

I'm doing a capture RNG in HeartGold and the javaRNG found a shiny adamant spread with a seed of af160246. When I'm putting the IVs in the seed finder, am I looking for the lowest frame or af160246?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)