Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
You'll need to provide more details if you want help, seed, frame, pics of reporter/eontimer, how you advanced your frame, what you did to verify delay, what result did you get, etc, etc.

Also try Chatter, it's much easier to control.

Oh, whoops. Sorry about that. :)

My target frame was 203, if I am remembering correctly; I started up my game, following EonTimer's queues, and confirm my seed with 10 coin flips. Using coin flip finder on the RNG Reporter interface, I discovered I did hit my targeted seed. Since I had saved in the middle of the grass, I started at frame 1 (no roamers), though when I logged in my journal automatically flipped to the screen where I caught weepinbell, so I went ahead and counted that as frame advance +2. Taking that into account, I did 95 journal flips and then proceeded to use sweet scent after one additional turn since I was on an odd number. I noticed the pokemon I encountered was wrong so I assumed I had mis-counted. I sweet scented a few more times and I did finally encounter a starly, but it was not shiny like it was supposed to be...

I will be trying another RNG soon and I can more accurately document it. However, is there something wrong with the above method I was using, from what is provided?

Also, about Chatter. Do you know any sounds/music clips that make for good chatter sounds? I'm only concerned about it being easy to decipher what the pitch is. :c

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Your math is incorrect. The frame advances do not add up to the correct number. I suggest rereading the section on calculating frame advances and just using Chatot. And after changing the date enter your game and save before doing the manipulation so the journal doesn't interfere.

Also, assuming you did nothing else, you will still be on frame 1 after 10 coin flips.

Thank you both very much, Hozu and Everstone. :) My soulsilver arrived today and I RNG'd my trainer ID; I hope to get started on RNGing my team soon so I can restart it with them. I'm starting to get the hang of hitting my delays; I was rather put-off by RNGing for a while because it felt very number-heavy to me, but it actually isn't all that bad once you get down to it.

Math has never been a strong suit of mine, hehe. So I can understand my math being wrong. I'll fix my journal and get a couple chatots; its about time I try using them! n n

I have a question-
How can I RNG my ID/SID in Emerald for this spread:
307114 85:18.56 62E7D15A Adamant 0 31 30 31 9 30 31
I had RNG'd this spread on my Ruby, but it doesn't work when I tried it.

You guys are probably sick of me by now. :x However, I have a couple more questions (yay).

I'll number them so I don't start going on and on...

1. I keep getting delays that are even or odd, but never what I need. I do put my sapphire cartridge in, but it will change the delay for perhaps a reset or two before it goes back to the opposing odd or even. Is there a particular time I should insert the cartridge? Start screen, 'continue screen', in-game, etc? I've hit the delay right after the one I need several times, it is kind of... Annoying. So close. :(

2. For some bizarre reason, I cannot get females in these shiny egg spreads. I let my RNG reporter try to generate spreads for frame 500~1500 but I did not get a single returned female result for all of those. The only ones allowing females (and few of those) was 75% female column. All others on EVERY spread was male. Is this some sort of glitch or do I just have horribly bad luck? Should I try a new seed? The problem here is that my SS version is only to Goldenrod. Would catching a low level poke and then putting it on Pokecheck to see its IVs work just as well?

3. I am using EonTimer to do my delays. I am just wondering, when is it appropriate to hit the A button? As close as possible to 0 or is there a set time after the final "beep" that is a good rule of thumb? (As in, as the beep begins, right after it ends, etc)

I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying, I'm just having some trouble with this. D: I thought I had it down pat, and now it seems as if I don't. ; n ;

You guys are probably sick of me by now. :x However, I have a couple more questions (yay).

I'll number them so I don't start going on and on...

1. I keep getting delays that are even or odd, but never what I need. I do put my sapphire cartridge in, but it will change the delay for perhaps a reset or two before it goes back to the opposing odd or even. Is there a particular time I should insert the cartridge? Start screen, 'continue screen', in-game, etc? I've hit the delay right after the one I need several times, it is kind of... Annoying. So close. :(

2. For some bizarre reason, I cannot get females in these shiny egg spreads. I let my RNG reporter try to generate spreads for frame 500~1500 but I did not get a single returned female result for all of those. The only ones allowing females (and few of those) was 75% female column. All others on EVERY spread was male. Is this some sort of glitch or do I just have horribly bad luck? Should I try a new seed? The problem here is that my SS version is only to Goldenrod. Would catching a low level poke and then putting it on Pokecheck to see its IVs work just as well?

3. I am using EonTimer to do my delays. I am just wondering, when is it appropriate to hit the A button? As close as possible to 0 or is there a set time after the final "beep" that is a good rule of thumb? (As in, as the beep begins, right after it ends, etc)

I'm sorry if I'm getting annoying, I'm just having some trouble with this. D: I thought I had it down pat, and now it seems as if I don't. ; n ;

1) just leave the cart in the whole time to change from odd to even of vice versa, or you can change the year so move the delat on the spread by 1

2) not sure on this one.

3) sty to hit it as close to 0 as possible, if your using the default settings turn the sound on your pc on and you press as as the 6th beep sounds and you will hit your delay.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question-
How can I RNG my ID/SID in Emerald for this spread:
307114 85:18.56 62E7D15A Adamant 0 31 30 31 9 30 31
I had RNG'd this spread on my Ruby, but it doesn't work when I tried it.
It is impossible to RNG the TID on Emerald even on an emulator. The game re-seeds the PRNG with the same method used by FR/LG and the first value is used as the TID.

Thank you, Philderbeast. :) Does changing the year keep it consistently odd or even? I'm not sure why my sapphire cartridge isn't doing the job. I'll try changing the year, hopefully I will see some improvement!

Which IRC are you referring to, Everstone? Sorry if that wasn't referred to me.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
With the amount of ?s you have, it's better to ask somebody in real time for a faster reply, so just get on a channel that has someone who can answer your ?s, which should be virtually any smogon related channel on synirc.net.

Thank you, Everstone. n n I'm sorry that I ask so many questions, I'm just trying to get the hang of RNGing. ^ ^; You all have been a great help - I truly appreciate it!

With Professor Elm's starters in HG/SS, how does one advance the frame? Do they just have to select a frame directly ahead of the starte in question?

With Professor Elm's starters in HG/SS, how does one advance the frame? Do they just have to select a frame directly ahead of the starte in question?
There is no real way to advance the frame. You have to choose a spread that either has frame 1 (Chikorita), 5 (Cyndaquil) or 9 (Totodile). The only other way to do it is on a emulator with memory viewer open and by using savestates and by getting the npcs to move around in Newbark town but it's very tedious and time consuming.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit :)

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it true that the new RNG Reporter supports RS with non-dried battery? I haven't had a chance to download it, so I'm curious to know if that's the case.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here's the seeding function. The RTC starts at Jan 1 2000 at midnight when the RTC first receives power. It receives power when the game is powered on (I think after the GAME BOY splash screen).

In Pokemon Ruby, when is the spread selected for Groudon?
Is it like when I press A for the last time to initiate the battle?
As with all stationary pkmn, the spread or frame is selected when the battle starts. Somewhere in a post by Hozu, Hozu stated that the once the animation start until the battle beings, approx 256 frames will have passed.

Steps you need to take
1. Save one step from Groudon to where the animation will start when you move to the left once.

2. Find a spread and us eontimer.

3. Start the timer and move once.

*Note the game will say "This blue/red orb being to glow."

4. Once your timer hit zero hit A to exit the "orb message, which will being the animation."

5. Capture Groudon, update the timer based on what spread you hit and raise and repeat until you get the pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)