Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've done a lot of RNGing in Black 1 and 2, and want to try my hand at RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl. Is it just me, or is it overly difficult to get to the Gyarados cut-scene in time after you name your character?

I'm following Everstone's guide and using the same parameters prior to getting my ID, but I just find it really difficult to get to the cut-scene in time (usually only 3-4 seconds remaining in EonTimer, which is not enough to view the scene).

Hi. I'm kinda new to RNGing so I tired to RNG on a Groudon. I think I understand the process and I'm pretty sure i verified my seed as my calls to Elm/Irwin matched the seed I'm trying to hit. However, I got a Groudon with the incorrect IVs. Don't calls to Elm/Irwin advance my frames?

This is my seed:

This is what I got:

Can someone help me? I really don't know what went wrong...

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi. I'm kinda new to RNGing so I tired to RNG on a Groudon. I think I understand the process and I'm pretty sure i verified my seed as my calls to Elm/Irwin matched the seed I'm trying to hit. However, I got a Groudon with the incorrect IVs. Don't calls to Elm/Irwin advance my frames?

This is my seed:

This is what I got:

Can someone help me? I really don't know what went wrong...
the method you're using is not right; you're supposed to use Method K, not Method 1

Are there any AR codes that would screw up the seeding process on any 4th gen game? I'm trying to RNG Lugia right now with seed D40501EF, while using the code that lets me check what my seed is on the back of my trainer card. But when I boot the game up at the target time, I get seeds that shouldn't even be possible to generate, such as 0721107E. It shouldn't be the seed check code, since I've done RNGing this way before on other HGSS save files.

Is there a guide to RNG starters in 4th gen (particularly Diamond and Pearl)? Thanks!

Edit: nvm, after some trial and error, I finally got it. For those who want to RNG starters in Pearl, just search for your seed in TimeFinder (make sure it is Frame 1) and then input the seed into "Seed to Time" to find out the delays and time to set your DS. Setup EonTimer accordingly (see Everstone's guide for 4th gen abuse) and then just persistence...the only way to tell if you hit your seed (without AR or pokecheck) is to make a guess based on nature + the descriptions in the pokemon profile (e.g. somewhat vain, mischievous, etc.). maybe there's another way to tell, but I don't know how at this point.

hello.

i am considering getting into some emerald emulator abuse.

i have read the onsite guide, and Bitterlemon's guide, but was wondering if there were any video tutorials available.

bearsfan's tutorials really helped a lot when i was first getting into rng, so i'd assume the same would apply to my next project.

Gen IV ID/SID abuse help

I've been trying to RNG my ID/SID on Soulsilver for a couple of hours now and every time I go to type in the ID I got I get this error. I cant figure out what delay I got because if I hit continue the program stops working and if I hit quit RNG Reporter crashes. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi, I have a problem. Here is my main window on RNG Reporter;
[/URL]
Here is the seed I'm trying to hit;
[/URL]
And here's my seed to time window;
[/URL]
As you can see, the spread I get on Time Finder is different to the one on RNG Reporter's main window. I hit the seed and messed up advancing frames, so I hit the one before the target frame. I got the spread shown on the main window. Can anyone help?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I can't really see anything in that images; could you get better quality ones? Information on what you're trying to capture could also be beneficial.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
In the main window, right below where you specify the encounter time, you need to change tell the Reporter you'll use a pokemon with the synchronize ability as your lead, and not only that, but said lead must have a bold nature.

With that said, you'll need said lead pokemon on your party to get the suicune you want

In the main window, right below where you specify the encounter time, you need to change tell the Reporter you'll use a pokemon with the synchronize ability as your lead, and not only that, but said lead must have a bold nature.

With that said, you'll need said lead pokemon on your party to get the suicune you want
I didn't realise that a Synchronize lead affected IVs too. Thanks!

Quick Questions
What is the "redraws" and "calibrations" for emerald shiny eggs? Also If possible, can someone directly to the thread/post about this?

Thanks in advance, HCZ

Is there anything advancing the frame when RNG'ing starters in Diamond? I have saved one step before entering the lake, there is no opportunity to do it later. So, does the forced conversation, forced steps, etc. advance anything?

Quick Questions
What is the "redraws" and "calibrations" for emerald shiny eggs? Also If possible, can someone directly to the thread/post about this?

Thanks in advance, HCZ
"Redraws" is how often the game scenery is literally "redrawn" as a result of opening and closing a menu. "Calibration" is a bit more difficult to explain, but Hozu covers it in depth in his guide here.

I still don't understand how to know what to put for min/max redraws when searching for a PID spread and when to actually open/close the menu though... can someone please explain this to me?

Is there anything advancing the frame when RNG'ing starters in Diamond? I have saved one step before entering the lake, there is no opportunity to do it later. So, does the forced conversation, forced steps, etc. advance anything?
No those "forced" events don't do anything. For me, it was just retrying until I finally got the right nature, gender, and IV descriptions (e.g. "Proud of its power", etc.). From what I could tell, I don't think anything was advancing the frame. The starters are always in Frame 1.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
"Redraws" is how often the game scenery is literally "redrawn" as a result of opening and closing a menu. "Calibration" is a bit more difficult to explain, but Hozu covers it in depth in his guide here.

I still don't understand how to know what to put for min/max redraws when searching for a PID spread and when to actually open/close the menu though... can someone please explain this to me?
You would open and close the party menu (or trainer card or dex) when you're chilling in the daycare with 1 step until the next egg. Mostly after a save and SR. You can put in min 0 and max however many you want but it does take about 2 seconds per redraw.

You would open and close the party menu (or trainer card or dex) when you're chilling in the daycare with 1 step until the next egg. Mostly after a save and SR. You can put in min 0 and max however many you want but it does take about 2 seconds per redraw.
Thanks. So much like the frame range, do I just increase the range of redraws in my search parameters if none of the results are what I'm looking for?

Question about advancing IV/PID frames in Gen. 5.

I'm RNGing for a Virizion on IV frame 28. I plan on advancing the RNG with a bunch of repels and running.

There are no wild Pokemon in the grove, so I should not have to worry about all that running advancing the PIDRNG frame, correct? Or will I need to account for that somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)