Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm attempting to do Emerald Shiny Egg PID abuse, but instead of using the spinda method, I migrated the pokemon that hatched from the egg to HG and uploaded it to Pokecheck. I looked at it's PID, converted it into decimal via windows calculator, and put that number in eepid. But the problem is, eepid will not give me the calibration value, even if I put the frames 1 to 100000. Am I missing something here?

Are you sure you're doing it right?
I mean before you generate a Spinda Egg, you must have walked 254 Steps and be saved inside the DayCare.
Then, you need to Reset your game, before generating the Egg.
Otherwise, I don't see a problem.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Spinda is not required for this; it's just a way to get the PID without external assistance. However, you must save in the daycare on step 254, save, SR, and then generate the egg. If it fails you SR and try again. Also, no everstone.

Spinda is not required for this; it's just a way to get the PID without external assistance. However, you must save in the daycare on step 254, save, SR, and then generate the egg. If it fails you SR and try again. Also, no everstone.
I've done all that(No everstone either). I'll give it another shot though.

Hi everyone, I've just finished RNGing for every 5th Gen Poke I want. Now I have to get back to 4th Gen in order to get all the Wondercards and legendaries.

I am trying to RNG my Platinum.

When I watched the guide videos, their journal doesn't come up when they press continue on the game.

a). How can they disable the journal at the beginning?
b). Does the journal coming up at the beginning affect anything?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
the journal should be disabled if you save after changing the date. iirc, it will only affect the frames if it has a "caught" or "defeated?" when it shows up.

the journal should be disabled if you save after changing the date. iirc, it will only affect the frames if it has a "caught" or "defeated?" when it shows up.
Hi there, thanks for the quick response.

I am having a hard time understanding the calibration process. I saw several videos spanning 3 years. Some guides tell you to use the Eon Timer (http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/4th-and-5th-generation-rng-calibration/). Other guides say you should sync the DS clock with another clock.

Seeing as how I don't really understand what "delay" is and what affects it, I'm unsure as to what to do to "calibrate" my game. The on-site guide is unclear about this. My understanding is that I have to find the amount of time it takes between soft reset and the Continue screen and some sort of "delay" value associated with that. Is that right?

It seems that 4th Gen abuse is much harder than 5th Gen :(

those guides are outdated; you don't have to calibrate anymore
Wow, okay. Now I'm really confused. Do you just search for a seed, go to seed to time, plug into Eon Timer, check seeds, and capture?

Is it the same as in BW where you can use Chatots to advance frames? Or do I have to do that journal flip thing?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Wow, okay. Now I'm really confused. Do you just search for a seed, go to seed to time, plug into Eon Timer, check seeds, and capture?

Is it the same as in BW where you can use Chatots to advance frames? Or do I have to do that journal flip thing?
I would never be able to explain the process as well as this guide does. But if you have any specific questions you can always drop me a VM :)

Since there are no video tutorials on hidden grottoes, I have to ask a couple questions about hidden grotto RNG'ing. I am trying for a flawless female dragonite. I have already RNG'ed the dragonite in the grotto and saved next to it and have tried to do standard seed searcher and had no luck. One of my questions is for required encounters do I set hidden grotto or stationary? And also, I think my timer0 fluctuates more than most people's because I have to do +/- up to 6 timer0 slots to find the seed I hit and I was wondering if there was any way to decrease that range?

Im mashing A in a consistant pattern and using Im using Eon timer, but I cant hit my delay in Platinum. Is there any tricks that anyone can help with. Or is it just a case of keep doing it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im mashing A in a consistant pattern and using Im using Eon timer, but I cant hit my delay in Platinum. Is there any tricks that anyone can help with. Or is it just a case of keep doing it.
You shouldn't be mashing anything, just press A once at the end of each timer.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
You shouldn't be mashing anything, just press A once at the end of each timer.
I think he means he's going through the intro the same way every time.

Anyway, if you're hitting delays 2-4 off, just keep trying. If you're hitting delays 1-3 off, then use a GBA game or the GF logo (scroll up on this page) to switch your delays from odd to even (or vice-versa)

I already tried posting this in a different thread, and got redirected here, so here goes (this is an exact copy of the text, because I didn't feel like changing anything):

I'm posting here because I honestly have no idea where else to go. Anyway, I have a problem with the RNG abuse of Emerald, and it's a long story, so I guess I'll start from the beginning:
I was about 15 hours into my game, and I was just learning about how you could spam EVs to max out a Pokemon's attack. The Slaking I was training ended up having a 443 attack at level 100. While I was doing this I came across a "randomly generated" Shiny Poochyena. It was awesome. Obviously I caught it (it's nickname is 1/8192), and treasured it. A while after I beat the Elite Four (at about 25 hours), I came across a title I had never heard before: RNG abuse. I was curious, so I read the article, and was amazed at what power I could wield. So, I legitly completed the Hoenn Pokedex, and randomly acquired a Modest Cyndaquil with 31 Spec. Atk IVs. I painstakingly killed oodles upon oodles of magnemites to max out it's power. Now I obliterate the battle frontier with it. Anyway, I had a little bit of RNGing under my belt, so I looked to see what else I could do with it. I found I could RNG other shinies through the poochyena I had caught. After Rare Candy spamming it up to level 51, I entered its stats into Metalkid's IV calculator. I got these results: HP:7 Attack:25 Defense:20 Spec. Atk:26 Spec. Def:31 and Speed:4 with a Lax nature (male). After I determined its PID, I used the formula with all the 0s and 1s, to compute my secret ID: 14320. My trainer ID: 61570. I entered these numbers into RNG reporter 8.31 with Method 2 and clicked "Shiny Only". Then I saw my goals extend in a small list below me: the best frame appeared to be #7105. This was only 1:58:41, it had a quiet nature, and it's IVs are as follows: 26/20/16/17/7/16 (and shiny, look it up yourself if you don't believe me). So now knowing what I must do, I bred Abra after Abra, until I received one with Synchronize and a Quiet nature. I spent about a day or two actually figuring out how this worked exactly, and I saw frames around there that I hit, telling me that I was sure that I successfully calculated my Secret ID, and that this program worked correctly (kudos to the authors). Then the hour came when I caught this Pokemon: Lvl 29 Wailmer (Male), Quiet Nature, with stats of: HP:110 Atk:46 Def:27 Spec. Atk:49 Spec. Def:25 Speed:36. After I entered these into Metalkid, I found it had these IVs: HP:25-28 Atk:18-21 Def:15-18 Spec. Atk:14-17 Spec. Def: 7-10 Speed: 15-22. This perfectly matched the frame I mentioned above, and I am absolutely sure that I hit the correct frame. The only problem: it wasn't shiny. I don't know why, even though by all accounts the Wailmer should have been shiny. I tried this after targeting a different frame (1:58:15), and I had similar results. That pokemon wasn't shiny either. I'm convinced that there's either something I missed, my game has failed somehow, or my RNG reporter is a bit glitched. Anyway, that's my problem. If anyone knows anything, please tell me, because this has caused me a great deal of frustration. I have been playing pokemon for over 10 years, Gens 1-4, and I know practically every secret to pokemon emerald (Regis, Pomeg Glitch, Cloning Glitch, etc.), so don't be afraid to use some advanced word choice in your answer. If game time has anything to do with this, I have played this game for about 163 hours total. Thanks so much!
-Pokemaster131

I already tried posting this in a different thread, and got redirected here, so here goes (this is an exact copy of the text, because I didn't feel like changing anything):

I'm posting here because I honestly have no idea where else to go. Anyway, I have a problem with the RNG abuse of Emerald, and it's a long story, so I guess I'll start from the beginning:
I was about 15 hours into my game, and I was just learning about how you could spam EVs to max out a Pokemon's attack. The Slaking I was training ended up having a 443 attack at level 100. While I was doing this I came across a "randomly generated" Shiny Poochyena. It was awesome. Obviously I caught it (it's nickname is 1/8192), and treasured it. A while after I beat the Elite Four (at about 25 hours), I came across a title I had never heard before: RNG abuse. I was curious, so I read the article, and was amazed at what power I could wield. So, I legitly completed the Hoenn Pokedex, and randomly acquired a Modest Cyndaquil with 31 Spec. Atk IVs. I painstakingly killed oodles upon oodles of magnemites to max out it's power. Now I obliterate the battle frontier with it. Anyway, I had a little bit of RNGing under my belt, so I looked to see what else I could do with it. I found I could RNG other shinies through the poochyena I had caught. After Rare Candy spamming it up to level 51, I entered its stats into Metalkid's IV calculator. I got these results: HP:7 Attack:25 Defense:20 Spec. Atk:26 Spec. Def:31 and Speed:4 with a Lax nature (male). After I determined its PID, I used the formula with all the 0s and 1s, to compute my secret ID: 14320. My trainer ID: 61570. I entered these numbers into RNG reporter 8.31 with Method 2 and clicked "Shiny Only". Then I saw my goals extend in a small list below me: the best frame appeared to be #7105. This was only 1:58:41, it had a quiet nature, and it's IVs are as follows: 26/20/16/17/7/16 (and shiny, look it up yourself if you don't believe me). So now knowing what I must do, I bred Abra after Abra, until I received one with Synchronize and a Quiet nature. I spent about a day or two actually figuring out how this worked exactly, and I saw frames around there that I hit, telling me that I was sure that I successfully calculated my Secret ID, and that this program worked correctly (kudos to the authors). Then the hour came when I caught this Pokemon: Lvl 29 Wailmer (Male), Quiet Nature, with stats of: HP:110 Atk:46 Def:27 Spec. Atk:49 Spec. Def:25 Speed:36. After I entered these into Metalkid, I found it had these IVs: HP:25-28 Atk:18-21 Def:15-18 Spec. Atk:14-17 Spec. Def: 7-10 Speed: 15-22. This perfectly matched the frame I mentioned above, and I am absolutely sure that I hit the correct frame. The only problem: it wasn't shiny. I don't know why, even though by all accounts the Wailmer should have been shiny. I tried this after targeting a different frame (1:58:15), and I had similar results. That pokemon wasn't shiny either. I'm convinced that there's either something I missed, my game has failed somehow, or my RNG reporter is a bit glitched. Anyway, that's my problem. If anyone knows anything, please tell me, because this has caused me a great deal of frustration. I have been playing pokemon for over 10 years, Gens 1-4, and I know practically every secret to pokemon emerald (Regis, Pomeg Glitch, Cloning Glitch, etc.), so don't be afraid to use some advanced word choice in your answer. If game time has anything to do with this, I have played this game for about 163 hours total. Thanks so much!
-Pokemaster131
Double-check your Poochyena's IVs and your trainer ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)