Mother 3 - PATCH IS OUT! FUCKIN DOWNLOAD IT!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spoiler LAWL:

When I renamed Duster "Lucky." his name in DCMC is Gorgeous. LOL. "Will I be Gorgeous or Lucky XD."

Earthbound's humor is top notch.

@Minwu

When I played that boss I went there before the chimera lab so I only had Lucas+Boney lol. My tip is to use Counter, that helped a lot!

@Minwu also

There's this thing were the gorilla "Short Circuits" after you use PK Thunder too much and starts using his berserker attack. I'd try sticking to PK Freeze B, set up counters, and lower the gorilla's stats.

This worked for me at least.

Also, I need to share this #smash quote.
<Stoob> boney died x(
<Henry> dont fucking spoil
<Stoob> no
<Stoob> i mean in my party xD

@Minwu also

There's this thing were the gorilla "Short Circuits" after you use PK Thunder too much and starts using his berserker attack. I'd try sticking to PK Freeze B, set up counters, and lower the gorilla's stats.

This worked for me at least.

Also, I need to share this #smash quote.
It's 3 times to make him short circuit to be exact.

Use it twice.

It was easy for me. I just spammed PK Love and gave Boney a few Pencil Rockets.

I'm currently on Snowcap, the Mechorilla is hard. =/ Kumatora is only level 30 atm
You can grind around that area until she learns PK thunder B which hits that boss hard, it's really easy if you focus on use PK fire and PK love on the chill dogs, you will raise levels in no time! also get some DP while doing that.

Try to shield Kumatora during the battle and use food/recovery with Lucas to keep them healthy.

Before anyone asks, there is no way to skip the first enemy there because it counts as a mid boss. You have to eat the mushrooms and then fight it to advance.

Also, the hot spring there was awesome. Did you see Fassad in it?

Thanks for the advice, it helped alot =D.

It's so awesome when Boney is the only one that realizes what's going on after they eat the mushrooms

The end of chapter 7 boss is just ridiculous. I remember it being difficult in the japanese run but I don't remember it being this hard.

I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Are New Year's Eve bombs always duds when used against bosses or something? The only one that I ever used was against New Fassad, which didn't work.

The end of chapter 7 boss is just ridiculous. I remember it being difficult in the japanese run but I don't remember it being this hard.

I'll try again tomorrow morning.

If you have Shield Snatcher, it helps alot. He's also weak to PK thunder and Bombs(give them to boney/duster)

Are New Year's Eve bombs always duds when used against bosses or something? The only one that I ever used was against New Fassad, which didn't work.
I don't really know, but i do know it works on Pig king statue at new pork city, you can't win otherwise

I beat the game, finally, i'm confused with the ending. It was a bit of a let down.

Pig King statue? Is that the overhuge thing?

I beat it without the bomb...
I talk about the statue in new pork city, at the east side. It's HP is supposed to be 9999 (i don't remember how many 9!, but they are a lot). I just took the "hint" that the SSBB trophy says xD.

You mean the pig gigantic thing that you face at the building?

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I beat the game, finally, i'm confused with the ending. It was a bit of a let down.
the dragon awakens and "destroys" the island, and recreates it without all the technology and crazy shit that Porky had done. when it said END?, did you press on the arrow keys? if you did, you would have talked to various characters in the game, who are alive and well. you would have also seen the cast of characters and that

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh and there is a way to beat the Pig King Statue without the New Years Bomb... PK Flash has a chance of killing it instantly. but Amelia was probably talking about the NK cyborg

I just finished the game, and I must admit that I almost cried at the end, something no other video game had done in my entire life...
However, i was slightly baffled by the whole "end?" fiasco, as i think nesgamer was, but honestly the previous scene/s were so heart-wrenching I didnt mind

Easily my favourite RPG of all time, and possibly my favourite game of all time period.
Such a shame there are no plans for a mother 4 ;/

oh and there is a way to beat the Pig King Statue without the New Years Bomb... PK Flash has a chance of killing it instantly. but Amelia was probably talking about the NK cyborg
Nooo! Isn't your avatar a spoiler for the game?

What if people don't know that the guy in it has two forms? Just kidding :P

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
lol too bad, its been out for a couple of weeks now... anyone who cares enough would have finished it already

playing through this again in hard mode, currently i've almost been killed by the two mr. battys at the start of the game so this is probably going to take a while.

the dragon awakens and "destroys" the island, and recreates it without all the technology and crazy shit that Porky had done. when it said END?, did you press on the arrow keys? if you did, you would have talked to various characters in the game, who are alive and well. you would have also seen the cast of characters and that
ohh alright, will beat it again right now to see that (saved at last frog so it won't take long). I didn't knew that you had to press the arrows... (Stoo probably didn't either) i believed that everyone was dead and the world was remade from "0", which would been actually an awesome ending. Porky had a point though when he basically said "you dumbfucks will destroy the world no matter what you do"

EDIT: Alright i did that now Steelicks, greatness! I got to talk to everyone (i think) even the Rope snake and the oxygen machine xD. I wonder why i found a doorknob though and why the pig mask march sound when talking to someone mmm... credits like Mother 2/earthbound, awesome.

yeah the ending was pretty open ended, and although i did press the arrow keys to move around, i was still confused :/

i dont get why the world was destroyed though...didnt lucas pull the final needle, and pass on the "heart of good" to the dragon?

^^

@NESgamer the doorknob is just the same one from Flint's house at the beginning of the game. It kept getting lost so I just took that as a running joke :)

@Stoo
The world was too corrupt, so what assumedly happens when Lucas pulls the final needle is that the dragon destroys everything and recreates it without the evil influence. That's just my interpretation

This was worth reading, not sure if anybody has yet http://mother3.starmen.net.s3.amazonaws.com/interviews/index.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)