Movepool changes

If/when Garchomp is available, then 'Chomp needs to be breed with Flygon to see if Dragon Dance passes on. I swear I'll forgive GameFreak for a bunch of bullshit they pulled (such as no Slack Off Snorlax) if this is real.

Edit: Nevermind. If it couldn't be done with Salamence or Dragonite, it isn't being done with Flygon. My mistake.

Edit 2: I apparantly don't know my Egg Groups like I though I did. A dream that's twice too good to come true...

G
If/when Garchomp is available, then 'Chomp needs to be breed with Flygon to see if Dragon Dance passes on. I swear I'll forgive GameFreak for a bunch of bullshit they pulled (such as no Slack Off Snorlax) if this is real.
Garchomp and Flygon can't breed.

Garchomp is in the Monster and Dragon Egg Groups, Flygon is in the Bug Egg Group.

Gible
- Tackle
3 Sand Attack
7 Dragon Rage
13 Sandstorm
15 Take Down
19 Sand Tomb
25 Slash
27 Dragon Claw
31 Dig
37 Dragon Rush
TM02 Dragon Claw
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM35 Flamethrower
TM37 Sandstorm
TM38 Fire Blast
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM71 Stone Edge
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM100 Confide
Egg Dragon Breath
Egg Outrage
Egg Twister
Egg Scary Face
Egg Double-Edge
Egg Thrash
Egg Metal Claw
Egg Sand Tomb
Egg Body Slam
Egg Iron Head
Egg Mud Shot
Egg Rock Climb
Egg Iron Tail
Tutor Draco Meteor
Nope. That's one thing Flygon has over Luis Suárez The Dragon.

(And Flygon is not in the Dragon Egg Group anyways)

Do we know what happens to a pure fire type if it uses Burn Up yet? I've heard conflicting reports on whether it becomes normal or becomes typeless.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Bibarel might actually become a real threat in lower tiers. +4 QA and Jet is... terrifying, honestly. I really wouldn't be surprised if it managed a jump to RU with that, it's kind of a big deal.

Edit: Nevermind. If it couldn't be done with Salamence or Dragonite, it isn't being done with Flygon. My mistake.

Edit 2: I apparantly don't know my Egg Groups like I though I did. A dream that's twice too good to come true...
Snorlax doesn't get Slack Off.
Empolean doesn't get Roost.
Yet Gyrados gets Hurricane.

Between the Special Attack boost and Hurricane, it's safe to say special attacking Swellow is now far removed from being a gimmick.

Burn Up is definitely going to see some use on Moltres and Arcanine, particularly the former. Between having a better Overheat on Choice sets and a way to ditch the Rock weakness completely in tandem with Roost on defensive sets, it's bound to see use. PP hurts in the latter case, but if you're Toxic-stalling you won't be defaulting to it.
Don't forget Typhlosion. I am REALLY excited to for its inclusion so I can try it out. Typhlosion actually has a high special attack to make great use out of it, unlike archnime, and doesn have a 4x weakness like Moltres

Suicune getting Sheer Cold, I am gonna spam this in Battle Spot, lol.

Typhlosion only needs like 10Base Speed to have a good niche, sadly it doesnt seem to be the case.

They are giving Fire type some love this gen, Burn Up could have good uses in theory.

Also is the movepool datamining complete? I had hope for Raikou getting something interesting, it only got Inner Focus, like wtf.

Keep in mind that Frenzy Plant etc and the Pledge Moves are mixed up in the code. It's been that way since Gen 5 for whatever reason. If something gets Hydro Cannon, it's actually Water Pledge. (Just look at Popplio for example)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Pelipper
Protect new level up move!
Hurricane new level up move!
Supersonic new level up move!
Mist new level up move!
Water-Pulse new level up move!
Brine new level up move!
Fling new level up move!
Stockpile new level up move!
Swallow new level up move!
Spit-Up new level up move!
Hurricane new level up move!
Wide-Guard new TM/Tutor move!
Swellow
Double-Team new level up move!
Quick-Guard new level up move!
Agility new level up move!
Endeavor new level up move!

Reversal new level up move!
Hurricane new TM/Tutor move!
Work-Up new TM/Tutor move!
So already I'm noticing that most of the "new level up moves" you listed are merely moves that the Pokemon already knew, but just learns it at a different level (and even then, this is not the case with Swellow here so idek how you're compiling this). Hurricane is also an egg move for Swellow, not a new TM/Tutor move.

Stellar Swellow also gets Reversal, btw.

So already I'm noticing that most of the "new level up moves" you listed are merely moves that the Pokemon already knew, but just learns it at a different level (and even then, this is not the case with Swellow here so idek how you're compiling this). Hurricane is also an egg move for Swellow, not a new TM/Tutor move.

Stellar Swellow also gets Reversal, btw.
I just compared raw data from two pastes, the SM pastebin that's going around and old ORAS demo datamine, which explains the addition of moves to hoenn starters, and I guess to Pelipper. I have no idea why is Wide Guard showing up for Pelipper though, I can't even find it on the SM data anywhere.
Sources:
http://pastebin.com/JgQc5Z79
http://pastebin.com/hzFmncB6
http://pastebin.com/16baa7Yk
http://pastebin.com/16baa7Yk
Edit: I fixed the Wide Guard bug.
http://pastebin.com/C5BKR7hh
That's the corrected pastebin. The moves you (Punchshroom) think mean change in levels are still just a product of the ORAS Demo being scraped of some moves for certain pokemon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)