Moveset Searching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just had this idea tonight, I was in the middle of making a bulky offense team and I was looking through all the appropriate Pokemon who had the stats the would earn them the name of "tank". I kept searching and I found some but it took a decent amount of time to do so, but I had an idea; what if we add a moveset search? Where we can type in the name of a move set or key words like "Sub" for subsitute oriented sets or "offensive" or "defensive". Then all the pokemon that had that particular set in the smogon pokemon database would show up and you could choose of of that list! (maybe organized by tiers too?) I search "Sub" and get redirected to the page on Raikou where it has a SubCM set, or "Offensive" and pick Arcanine off the list, or "Defensive" and pick SlowBro. (I like UU if you haven't noticed). I'm relatively knew to this site, and still at times struggle at making teams. I just thought this little search would help out newer players like me in their teambuilding, and those who are new to pokemon as well, helping Smogon be a little more beginner friendly. I don't know if this will even be considered, or if it'll be too much work, but please think about it!

Thank you for reading! (feel free to add your ideas or comment on mine as well)

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Because there's no standardized system for naming sets and no solid definitions as to what constitutes "defensive", "offensive", "tank", etc., such a search would not be possible. You learn more from browsing through and researching than from being spoonfed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)