ORAS OU MultiTier

Hey Everyone, this team usually ends up at 1400 and cant get much further, I would appreciate some help in maybe not necessarily fixing this team, but possibly helping me build a new one? Thanks.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 56 SpA / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

This is mostly used for type coverage and a special wall as well as a status eater with marvel scale. Good for taking on any special pokemon and coming back at it with a kill with mirror coat, and access to scald is always nice as well as recover. Ice beam is there for hitting Zapdos or the Latis on the switch in.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

This is just your usual DankChomp. Not much to say about it, really. Fire blast is just there as a 4th move I just threw on for coverage. Dragon Tail is for stopping sweeps, EQ for power, Fire blast for coverage, and rocks are just rocks. Very standard pokemon. Not much to say about it.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 164 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Assault Vest on TTar is something people have called bad many times, but I have never had to run much else. If I'm not mistaken, it's Special Defense stat hits around 600 during sand, being able to tank even focus blasts at full HP. I added on Ice Beam because I never really liked earthquake on this thing and I figured it could hit landorus and Gliscor that way.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

This is for taking fighting hits from on TTar, Electric and Grass hits on Milotic, and killing them fairies. Those stupid, stupid fairies. HP fire is for scizor and ferrothorn as they wall this thing completely unless you run it, not to mention it has a chance to OHKO CB Scizor. Add on to that it (basically) has 2 weaknesses, and you got yourself a very solid mega. (IMO)

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I dont have much to say about this. If something gets replaced, It will probably end up being Hydreigon. I just have it here to hit hard and for type coverage, and due to my venusaur being here, I dont have to worry about Fairy/Fighting. I have U-turn because i dont see any other better moves for a specs Hydreigon aside from the ones I already have.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable is for setting up and sweeping teams once the counters have been removed or an opporitunity has shown up. Fairy is just very nice typing and it counters Sableye, (THE most annoying thing in OU). And being able to tank defensive hits that arent poison or steel is and added plus.

I'm aware I have a lot of mons with not-so-standard coverage moves, and I'm not sure if that is good or bad. I would appreciate any help at all.
Thanks.
If this team is garbage, sorry. Lol. Thats why I'm here.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
hey, interesting team. I feel the biggest issues with it are a lack of hazard control and no Mega Charizard Y switch in. The easiest way to fix this would be to replace Hydreigon with Latios. Latios can easily switch into any of CharYs moves and threaten it out with Draco Meteor / Psyshock, while also being able to remove hazards as they can pressure your Venusaur a lot. Latios also takes pressure off Venusaur by acting as another Choice Specs Keldeo switch in. Another issue I have with it is Mega Venusaur + Tyranitar. TTars sand kills Venusaurs recovery meaning that it can only heal 25% with Synthesis which severely reduces its longevity, to help with this I would replace Tyranitar with Assault Vest Metagross. AV Metagross is a really cool Pursuit trapper that pairs well with Venusaur as it can switch into Latis and Psychic types very easily and pursuit trap them. Milotic is quite unviable in OU ngl, and so I would recommend replacing it with Suicune. Suicune is really solid in OU right now and can function as another win condition and status absorber which completely shuts down most physical offense in the meta right now (milotic needs to be statused to handle physical attackers and it loses out on longevity). The last change I would make is Thunder Wave > Flamethrower on Clefable. You have Garchomp and HP Fire Venusaur for Steel types and Thunder Wave helps cripple Clefables offensive switch ins, especially Gengar as it is very threatening for your team as it can Taunt and wear down everything with its powerful coverage. Metagross can take a hit, but it must be above 80%, but I feel your team can put enough pressure onto Gengar to make sure it doesn't stick around too long.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Rest

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Changes in short:
Latios >
Hydreigon
AV Metagross >
Tyranitar
Suicune >
Milotic
Thunder Wave > Flamethrower

That's all and I hope I could help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)