XY OU My 1st RMT any help is welcome

do you like mega Scizor

• Total voters
Intro
Hi, My Name is Buu I've recently made a RMT around Banded Scizor but after advice from The Romanian power & Alfalfa I swiched the team around to centre around mega Scizor which is well better since magnezone destroyed the previous team it still hurts the team but I have pokes to deal with it now.
Btw Shout out to Alfalfa for all his help Ty and enjoy the RMT.

RMT

Latios

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Latios replacing Scrafty because Scrafty turned out to not be that useful in the end.
Latios is an excellent stall breaker and because the team is slow it acts as speed control as said by Alfalfa. Tricking the choice scarf onto a wall destroys it.
HP Fire for Ferro, duel STAB for everything else.

Clefable

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Gyarados was very useful with the original team but with the new team I needed a fairy with decent bulk which was suggested was Clefable due to its ability Magic Guard and access to calm mind and soft-boiled for recovery and allows it to set up and hit with a STAB Moonblast or coverage Flamethrower. Clefable like slowbro is needed on this team for its bulk and ability to set up pretty well Ty alfalfa.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-184375477

Landorus Therian

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Lando T replacing celebi because it proved to be terrible in comparison to lando T. Toxic to cripple set up sweepers, u-turn for easy damage and switches, eq for STAB and rock slide for talonflame & other pokes weak to rock. Ev spread is defensive with works better than celebi's spread especially with lando's ability intimidate. Another reason for lando is it's flying/ground typing walling most pokes and making up for loosing gyarados.

Heatran

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Air balloon heatran replacing choice scarfed heatran as it helps defeat Clefable which as alfalfa said it destroys unprepared teams this set also replacing Aggron being the stealth rocker and taunt is also useful for stopping pokes from setting up it also works well with the team using its ability flash fire which helps with Scizors fire weakness.

Slowbro

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Slowbro replacing mega Aggron as I needed another bulky poke to take the hits well and with slowbro's amazing ability regenerator It can take a hit hit something with a toxic or scald with chance of burn or foul play physical sweepers that are setting up. It's needed for this team since the loss of mega Aggron.

Mega Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 112 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

I wanted to make a team around banded Scizor but it unfortunately did not work so well so with the suggestion to use bulky Mega Scizor from Alfalfa along with some new teammates it was well worth it imo because of the advantages of having a poke that can take hits and set up and return the hit twice as hard + the advantages of the EV spread can be explained by Alfalfa's reply.

Thanks for your time and suggestions would be helpful....

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
I tried to refrain from making a rate because I could not build a version of the team that did not have any noticeable weaknesses while still keeping Choice Band Scizor, but if you agree to change it to a different Scizor set, then this would be much easier.

Drop Scrafty. It is really weak, slow, and loses to almost every Fairy-type in the meta. If you are worried about Bisharp, Heatran, and Lati@s, then you are better off with a different Fighting-type. If you really wanted to deal with Heatran, Bisharp, and the Lati twins, then you would use Choice Specs Icy Wind Keldeo, which manhandles Heatran and Bisharp, and lures in the Lati twins and 2HKOs them with Icy Wind, but making a more appropriate suggestion is based off of what I am about to say:

Choice Band Scizor is really not that efficient of a cleaner because it gets worn down really easily. If you could agree to using Mega Scizor, then making changes on this team would be a lot easier, because Mega Scizor offers a lot more defensive synergy while still maintaining offensive pressure. Choice Band Scizor is not bad, but the lack of either speed or defensive synergy really hurts, since on the teams that it would normally fit on, either speed or defensive synergy is highly necessary. If you could agree to changing Choice Band Scizor with Mega Scizor, then I could give this a more proper rate. Otherwise, making a rate is going to be much more difficult without leaving the team with some notable weaknesses.

I tried to refrain from making a rate because I could not build a version of the team that did not have any noticeable weaknesses while still keeping Choice Band Scizor, but if you agree to change it to a different Scizor set, then this would be much easier.

Drop Scrafty. It is really weak, slow, and loses to almost every Fairy-type in the meta. If you are worried about Bisharp, Heatran, and Lati@s, then you are better off with a different Fighting-type. If you really wanted to deal with Heatran, Bisharp, and the Lati twins, then you would use Choice Specs Icy Wind Keldeo, which manhandles Heatran and Bisharp, and lures in the Lati twins and 2HKOs them with Icy Wind, but making a more appropriate suggestion is based off of what I am about to say:

Choice Band Scizor is really not that efficient of a cleaner because it gets worn down really easily. If you could agree to using Mega Scizor, then making changes on this team would be a lot easier, because Mega Scizor offers a lot more defensive synergy while still maintaining offensive pressure. Choice Band Scizor is not bad, but the lack of either speed or defensive synergy really hurts, since on the teams that it would normally fit on, either speed or defensive synergy is highly necessary. If you could agree to changing Choice Band Scizor with Mega Scizor, then I could give this a more proper rate. Otherwise, making a rate is going to be much more difficult without leaving the team with some notable weaknesses.
Yeah sure thanks for the reply Alfalfa I'm willing to drop Scrafty and banded Scizor for something else if mega Scizor what set should I use + what pokes do I use instead of Aggron + Scrafty? Scrafty was decent for spdef and Aggron for rocks.

Hi there,
I see that your team is completely destroyed by Magnezone + Scarf Lando-t + Clefable.
I would get a Defensive M-Venu take out M-Aggron, and your heatran would be better Spdef w/ Rocks, to help you against Bird Spam and use Celebi for Sub+Pass use to help Scrafty and Gyarados, whit that changes done you sir will have a solid team.

Here are the sets that are going to realy help you:

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Yeah sure thanks for the reply Alfalfa I'm willing to drop Scrafty and banded Scizor for something else if mega Scizor what set should I use + what pokes do I use instead of Aggron + Scrafty? Scrafty was decent for spdef and Aggron for rocks.
What I had in mind was this:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Impish Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Scizor @ Scizorite
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

I switched Heatran to an offensive Air Balloon set because that allows Heatran to beat Clefable much more reliably, especially Calm Mind variants that can 6-0 unprepared teams.

I switched Scizor to a bulky Mega Scizor variant because that allows it to switch into Gardevoir once it has Mega Evolved. The defensive investment allows it to avoid 2HKOs from Adamant Excadrill's Earthquake and Timid Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast.

I switched Mega Aggron with a Slowbro, which gives you a physically bulky Pokemon and a Mega Medicham check, since your Mega Slot was used up.

I switched Celebi to a defensive Landorus-T with Toxic, which allows you to pivot into Heracross and nail it witch Toxic, since you really need a check to it.

I switched Gyarados to a Calm Mind Clefable because you are now really vulnerable to Electrics like Thundurus and Mega Manectric, as well as really vulnerable to Greninja, which this team is really weak to.

I switched Scrafty to a Scarf Latios because this team was really slow, and needed speed control. The utility of Trick also allows you to have better leverage against stall.

However, in the end, this team is really Pinsir weak, which I find to be a huge liability. However, this team handles everything else except Magnezone and Landorus-I fine. If Pinsir becomes a problem, then you will need to fit a fast Electric in place of Latios, preferably Raikou (use its Assault Vest set if Pinsir becomes a problem).

Make those changes for now, and you should be fine. Good luck!

What I had in mind was this:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Impish Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Scizor @ Scizorite
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

I switched Heatran to an offensive Air Balloon set because that allows Heatran to beat Clefable much more reliably, especially Calm Mind variants that can 6-0 unprepared teams.

I switched Scizor to a bulky Mega Scizor variant because that allows it to switch into Gardevoir once it has Mega Evolved. The defensive investment allows it to avoid 2HKOs from Adamant Excadrill's Earthquake and Timid Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast.

I switched Mega Aggron with a Slowbro, which gives you a physically bulky Pokemon and a Mega Medicham check, since your Mega Slot was used up.

I switched Celebi to a defensive Landorus-T with Toxic, which allows you to pivot into Heracross and nail it witch Toxic, since you really need a check to it.

I switched Gyarados to a Calm Mind Clefable because you are now really vulnerable to Electrics like Thundurus and Mega Manectric, as well as really vulnerable to Greninja, which this team is really weak to.

I switched Scrafty to a Scarf Latios because this team was really slow, and needed speed control. The utility of Trick also allows you to have better leverage against stall.

However, in the end, this team is really Pinsir weak, which I find to be a huge liability. However, this team handles everything else except Magnezone and Landorus-I fine. If Pinsir becomes a problem, then you will need to fit a fast Electric in place of Latios, preferably Raikou (use its Assault Vest set if Pinsir becomes a problem).

Make those changes for now, and you should be fine. Good luck!
Thank you I will test these sets out and if there is any problems il let you know Ty :D

Hi there,
I see that your team is completely destroyed by Magnezone + Scarf Lando-t + Clefable.
I would get a Defensive M-Venu take out M-Aggron, and your heatran would be better Spdef w/ Rocks, to help you against Bird Spam and use Celebi for Sub+Pass use to help Scrafty and Gyarados, whit that changes done you sir will have a solid team.

Here are the sets that are going to realy help you:

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover
Ty il try these sets out and let you know how it goes thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)