My amazing idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to the smogon web designers i have some suggestions to improve this site. My first idea a history/ reasoning for pokes that were banned in OU teir. How i came across this problem i was asking around for if there was a place i cam read reasons for specific pokes iwanted knowledge about A.K.A thunderus's bann in the past and why blaziken keeps getting rebanned and others but theres no place to look these things up.

My 2nd suggestion 2 guides on competitive & strategies.
1. For the simple player who just started pokemon never played a day in his/her life
2. For low experience but has enough to make it a bit complicate. (Think of the players)

My 3rd idea is more X/Y Video game related activities. I'm new and i see showdown more than the video game.

4th make the threads have a limitation on the amount of words needed minimum when the person opens a thread to start typing so new people like me don't do that and trigger ban warnings !!so annoying Xo!!

5th block inappropriate images like from that mega mawile quick ban post in OU TIERS threads Mekkah that was really uncalled for if you made another account

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Hello to the smogon web designers i have some suggestions to improve this site. My first idea a history/ reasoning for pokes that were banned in OU teir. How i came across this problem i was asking around for if there was a place i cam read reasons for specific pokes iwanted knowledge about A.K.A thunderus's bann in the past and why blaziken keeps getting rebanned and others but theres no place to look these things up.
Yes please. Sometimes I question the bans myself, and want to know the reason behind them. This would also help suppress the noobs who go "UGGH I HAD NO PROBEM Y BANNNNN" a bit.

My 2nd suggestion 2 guides on competitive & strategies.
1. For the simple player who just started pokemon never played a day in his/her life
2. For low experience but has enough to make it a bit complicate. (Think of the players)
This will not only help newer players get used to competitive (Come on guys stop running mono-fire Infernape ._.) and help more skilled players in teambuilding. While Battling 101 already exists, I'd also like to see some general guidelines like these.

My 3rd idea is more X/Y Video game related activities. I'm new and i see showdown more than the video game.
I'm undecided on this one, solely because my teams in X/Y are pretty limited. But hey, that's just me :p

4th make the threads have a limitation on the amount of words needed minimum when the person opens a thread to start typing so new people like me don't do that and trigger ban warnings !!so annoying Xo!!
Another option would be a nice popup that gives you a list of rules. Still like the idea.

5th block inappropriate images like from that mega mawile quick ban post in OU TIERS threads Mekkah that was really uncalled for if you made another account
As much as I'd love this idea, I rather wouldn't be the poor Smogon moderator who has to find all of these images to blacklist.
Replies in bold. Overall, these are pretty good suggestions, imo.

Reactions: X3H
Lol not you mekkah it was someone who took your name for a new account and had a wumple as there image and i really don't want to say what was in the post because it was nasty

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. user Jukain had the painstaking task of compiling all of BW OU's bans.
2. a new "intro to competitive pokemon" guide is being written by the mentors iirc. have patience, it will be out eventually. don't ask me when.
3. Smogon is primarily a competitive pokemon website -- it's what sets us apart from Serebii, bulbapedia, etc. -- so there are obviously more subforums dedicated to the competitive side, which is mostly done on showdown. That being said, Smogon has Wi-Fi forum and a more casual forum called Orange Islands which is the best forum in which in-game activities can take place.
4. Or you can use your own judgment and figure out yourself whether your thread or post is worthy of posting.
5. I have no idea what you're talking about either, the mods will delete whichever posts they deem inappropriate. Will you please link to the offending posts?

I have some useful information for you, though. It is the secret, the only way to guarantee that the things you want to see on on Smogon will get done. Do it yourself. If you can't find all of the information you want on some particular subject in one place, do the research yourself and put it all together, then contribute to Smogon. That's what Jukain did. Don't make demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)