My ancient mono-ice Hail team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided that in order to actually improve this team, I need to open it to criticism, instead of sticking to 100% my own ideas. Please, give me any advice you can. I want this team to be usable again.

Hoax (Abomasnow) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed

ManBearPig (Mamoswine) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Frost (Froslass) (F) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Safeguard
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd/1 SAtk/1 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Surf

Cube (Regice) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/54 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Rest
- Amnesia
- Thunderbolt

S.D. (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Taunt

I admit I have no exact, specific uses for all of these. I just use them as I see fit whenever the situations arise. :(

Number one rule of a hail team. You shouldn't have all your pokemon as ice types. If you really want to, put maybe four ice types, Heatran, and another fire resist...

Leech Seed doesn't seem to fit in on Abomasnow. It looks like a filler with Substitute, as an unprotected slow pokemon try to seed doesn't work.

I don' t like Rest/Chesto on Mamoswine. It just seems like a waste of a moveslot and an item on something that's incredible powerful.

I honestly don't get what you're trying to do with Lum Berry and Safeguard on Froslass. First off, Froslass doesn't like getting hit. At all. Secondly, Safeguard stops status, so why use Lum Berry if you want to keep it. I'd probably Spec it, because Froslass doesn't have much of a punch.

try Frosslass with Spikes/Sub/T-wave/Blizzard.

Put Curse on Mamoswine with Curse/Eq/Ice Shard/Stone Edge.

Have Jynx on your team over Regice: Lovely Kiss/WIsh/Blizzard/Substitute @ Leftovers.

With Blizzard she doesn't need Calm Mind. With Wish she supports your team, and Lovely Kiss gives her time to Substitute. Substitute is there for the switch-in after Lovely Kiss.

Substitute lets you scout for CBanders/Scarfers (Ie: if they have a Close Combat Heracross, they have to break your substitute, and then u can hit them with blizzard. the next turn you switch to frosslass).

Wish can also be there to stall with hail.

Leech Seed doesn't seem to fit in on Abomasnow. It looks like a filler with Substitute, as an unprotected slow pokemon try to seed doesn't work.

I don' t like Rest/Chesto on Mamoswine. It just seems like a waste of a moveslot and an item on something that's incredible powerful.

I honestly don't get what you're trying to do with Lum Berry and Safeguard on Froslass. First off, Froslass doesn't like getting hit. At all. Secondly, Safeguard stops status, so why use Lum Berry if you want to keep it. I'd probably Spec it, because Froslass doesn't have much of a punch.
I can see what you're saying. Would you suggest some replacement moves?

-Edit- The above post appeared out of nowhere. I agree with Curse Mamoswine. Should I use Expert Belt?

Try this mono Ice.

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk/228 Spd/28 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
---

Out Speed Gengar, and Suprise many leads by going first. (Like using Blizzard on a Lead Salamence/Roserade).

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar
- Hydro Pump
---
You can use Thick fat if u really hate fire moves, but Ice Body works with Protect to heal u up.

Hydro Pump is to handle Fire types and Rock types that try and hurt your team. Blizzard is already available on Abamasnow/Jynx/Froslass so Hydro Pump seems more fitting.

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Make it's HP IVs 23, so it gets 273 life, it works for getting 5 substitutes with your Leftovers Item.

- Blizzard
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
---
TWave stops pokemon that are not poisoned (Steel/Flying) from going first (like Scarf Metagross/Heatran).

Spikes hurts pokemon when they switch in, and Substitutes helps you stall out opponents with Poison Damage after you usedToxic Spikes on Cloyster. It stalls fairly well because you get a 20% evasion from Snow Cloak, as does Mamoswine.

Snow Cloak helps you avoid hits 20% of the time, and if you paralyze them then they are even less likely to hit. This causes switches, and really helps to aid your team if your opponents are Paralyzed, therefore slower. Switches also rack up Spikes damage.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump
---

Toxic Spikes works with Walrein to Stall and Hurt opponents. Works even better with Froslass as Frosslass uses Spikes and blocks Rapid Spin.

Hydro Pump is even better than HP Ground against Heatran (so is Surf but Hydro Pump packs a bigger punch), and HP Electric is for Gyarados and other water types.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
---

Outspeed Heatran/Infernape and EQ them. Ice Shard is for Scarf Garchomp that is faster than you.

Stone Edge hits fast threats like Weavile hard. This set is designed to be faster than Weavile/Swellow, and does better than Life Orb Weavile because it gets stronger moves.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 8 HP/252 Spd/248 SAtk
Timid nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Wish
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
---

These EVs give her 273 HP, just like Frosslass for maximum substitutes (Like Ninjask), so that is why she has 8 HP EVs instead of 4.

Cause Sleep, support your team with Wish, use Substitute for Stalling and hiding behind so you can safely use Blizzard.

This isn't the best Wish user, but works on a Mono Ice team.

Remember your idea is to cause Switches, Stall (for Toxic Spikes), and then sweep up the remains of their team with Mamoswine. Froslass is there for a Fighting attack switch-in, and Mamoswine is for taking electric attacks directed at Cloyster/Walrein, and for taking Thunder Waves directed at Abamasnow/Frosslass.

Jynx causes Switches with Lovely Kiss, and hits hard with a powerful Blizzard. Substitute protects her from Pursuit, and Wish is used on her to aid your team (like Cloyster).

Her Forewarn Ability lets you know what your opponent's strongest attack is, which can be useful in determining the moveset of your opponent's pokemon. (Ie: if she sensing Draco Meteor is the strongest move on your opponent's Salamence, you can tell it doesn't use Dragon Dance).

Cloyster clears out SRocks, and Sets up Tspikes. She also takes Physical hits, and punishes a rock or fire-types attempt to sweep with a suprise Hydro Pump. (Mainly used against Heatran, Infernape will use Grass Knot for the 1hko against Cloyster). HP electric is for any Water type that thinks it can safely set up, especially Gyarados.

Walrein stalls and hits Fire types with Hydro Pump as well, eliminating their remaining HP. She also passes the effect of Spikes/TSpikes on by forcing switches with Roar.

Use the Team I built accordingly and you will do well.

for frostlass maybe you should give it destiny bond and stick a focus sash on it to better improve chances of a kill because more likely than not it wont survive very long to use safeguard and to avoid a risk ice beam might be better than blizzARD on it
also, toxic spikes might serve as a good setup move for cloyster rather than hp ground considering it has no spa evs to support it

I just built a team around that, so consider reading my team in the previous post (directed to Gaburu and Shellder).

Also with Hippowdon/Tyrantiar/SRocks, Frosslass will have a hard time using Focus Sash, so a stall set works better.

The Cloyster I built for him covers alot.

Vacuum Wave Lucario or Mach Punch "Something" Walks over this team if Frossglas is gone....

I Suggest you get a Heatran and a Starmie somwhere, whould help you A LOT

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by give an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
I dont want to have to lock this as there has been a few helpful replies, but you NEED to read the rules. Feel free to repost it once you've added commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)