My bbys [first RTM]

Hello everyone, this is my first RTM (or thread, for what matters), and I've found it quite useful so far. It's a quite offensive team,as I'm not very fond of stall teams and such. So, here's my team!

I started with one of my favorites pokemon, Abra, which is awesome in this tier, being both fast and extremely powerful. Plus, it's shiny version is awesome.

Once I had Abra in my team, I added two of the most useful pokes in the tier, the powerhouse Mienfoo (which I knew could fit in a lot of roles) and the super annoying Murkrow. Gosh, I hate the bird, and for a reason, it's such a strong oppponent.

I had two sweepers and a Murkrow, so I kindda needed a wall/status inducer, hence Bulbasaur, which I though could perform both roles at once.

I love Stealth Rock, so I needed a poke to set it, and Lileep came to my mind, as it's super bulky and seemed a good poke to start the combats with.

My next thought whas coverage. Abra-Murkrow-Mienfoo kindda covered themelves, but both Bulbasaur and Lileep were weak against fire types pokes. I had heard that tirtouga was a good poke, so I gave it a chance, and I loved it. This was my team for a while, but, as I said before, I like offensive pokes, so Lileep had to go. Plus, I don't like its design at all, lol.

Taillow is a powerhouse. It is, period. No more talking about this. The problem is, I didn't like the set my Murkrow had, and its performance was quite low... so Murkrow out!

Drifloon, oh, Drifloon. It is sort of difficult to use, but if it manages to do its thing, omg. It is a glass-canon, most like Taillow is. I sacrificed endurance for more offensive power with the last two changes, but I don't regret it at all, tbh.

The Team!

Lev (Abra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 236 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Lev is, most likely, the most powerful poke in the Team. I don't always have to use it, though, as I like to keep it in case I need to revenge kill. Magic Guard+Focus Sash ensures me one hit at least, and that's all he needs most times. Psychich, HD Fighting and Shadow Ball means almost perfect coverage, as he usually OHKO any poke with Psychic being neutral. I don't know about Calm Mind, though, as he is quite frail on his own, and most of the times he doesn't get to to use it and attack later because of priority moves, and he can 2HKO almost any poke in the tier, so... dunno.

Charlie (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Charlie is the other MVP of my team, alongside with Lev. Regenerator is such an awesome trait, and it synergy with U-turn (which damages psychic types) is perfect. Drain Punch is the main STAB, and it alowes me to gain some health. Fake Out is useful for sturdy and sash'd pokes, as well as for revenge killing. Knock Off hits ghosts hard, but I may change it.

Chris (Bulbasaur) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 236 HP / 156 SAtk / 76 Spd
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Leaf Storm
Chris' main function is to put foes to sleep, and he works sort of like a wall. He's quite bulky, and regains health with Giga Drain, which is his main STAB. Leaf Storm is to OHKO foes, but I usually have to withdraw him from battle because of the stats drop. HD Water is there to hit fire pokes, as Annie (Tirtouga) is usually the lead, and doesn't last that long. Chris hits Chinchou hard, and I like it. HD Water was Sludge Bom before, and I might go back to it.

Annie (Tirtouga) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Annie is my main lead, as she sets Stealth Rock 99% times thanks to Solid Rock and her bulk. Aqua Jet is to hit Hippo hard and fast thanks to priority and STAB. Stone Edge is for flying foes, and Earthquake for coverage, Agron and Lileep. I'm pretty happy with my Annie (And her shiny version just rocks /pun).

Mel (Drifloon) (F) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SDef / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Clear Smog
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
Mel is a glass-canon, but I like her. The investment in Attack allows her to hit hard, and the synergy between Acrobatics+Flight Gem+Unburden is awesome. Sucker Punch is for priority against other ghosts (I'm looking at you, Missy), and Clear Smog is for those Bulk Up fighting types. I'm not sure about Toxic... I like to poison foes, but I think Mel is not the right choice for this move.

George (Taillow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 236 Spd / 156 Atk / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Roost
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
George is my main sweeper, because of Facade, Guts and Toxic Orb. U-turn is there to keep momentum, to hit Psychic and Dark pokes hard and to reset the poison counter. Quick attack is a nice priority move, which gets both STAB and Guts Bonus. Roost is there for recovery, obviously. The main problem with George is Stealth Rock and Rock types in general, but meh.

Conclusion
As I said before, this is an offensive team, and I like it this way. I don't like Protect and those things,but I'm open to Substitute. Feel free to rate and make as many changes as you think. Thanks a lot!

Lev (Abra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 236 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Charlie (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Chris (Bulbasaur) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 236 HP / 156 SAtk / 76 Spd
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Leaf Storm

Annie (Tirtouga) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mel (Drifloon) (F) @ Flying Gem
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SDef / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Clear Smog
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic

George (Taillow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 236 Spd / 156 Atk / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Roost
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Really cool team! I do, however, have a few suggestions to make it better.

First of all, Protect really is needed on Abra. With the omnipresence of Mienfoo and other Fake Out users, Protect allows Abra's Sash to stay intact. I know you may be worried abut losing momentum or something by using Protect, but if it keeps Abra alive a small loss of momentum can be well worth it. Also, it is worth noting that Protect can help you scout Mienfoo's item. If you Protect while he uses Fake Out, you know he is either holding Eviolite or Life Orb, whereas if you Protect whilst he is using U-turn, he may be Scarfed. Protect over Substitute on Abra.

Now, a huge problem you have is that you are incredibly weak to Sand. A simple way to mitigate this is by replacing Bulbasaur with Shroomish. Shroomish can still put things to sleep with 100% Spore, and hits decently hard with Giga Drain. He also beats Drilbur one on one. Here's the set:
Shroomish @ Eviolite
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 40 SAtk / 36 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Synthesis / Hidden Power [Fire]

Now your team is much more solid, but there still two changes I would recommend. The first is Drilbur over Drifloon. Drilbur provides Rapid Spin support, Stealth Rock, and solid attacks. Here's the set:
Drilbur @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Now that Drilbur has Rocks, you can run a bulky sweeper set on Tirtouga. This set combines the usefulness of taking hits and dealing it raw, powerful attacks. It can also take out Rock types not named Lileep to help Tailow. This is the set:
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Try out some of my suggestions and tell me how they work! Hope I helped!

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this looks like a pretty cool team! It starts off very similar to mine with a murkrow/abra/mienfoo core, but i really like how you use tailow. That thing is a powerhouse! First off though, you could use some work. Now, take in mind, i havent been playing LC long(about a month or so) but in that time LC is literally all I've played, and as such I've been learning a lot about the tier. However, take alot of what I say with a grain of salt lol.

First ferroseed and bronzor have a field day with you in setting up hazards and just not dying. Both of them, once they find out bulba's HP, get easy switches in if something's already put to sleep. I would recommend trying out HP Fire over HP Water, as this lets you lure in stuff like snover (who the scarf version also does stuff to the team with a fully accurate, non-resisted blizzard) and also take out ferroseed and bronzor, hopefully before setting up SR or Spikes (I think bronzor is a 2hko, though correct me if I'm wrong).

An alternative to Nebuchadnezzar's Shroomish suggestion, is to use Bulbasaur--->Snover. This lets uou still have some way to ward off bronzor and ferro with HP Fire, however bronzor is a 3hko (IIRC) and you also get Ice STAB with a fully accurate blizzard. You lose a lot of bulk, but you sacrifice it for sheer power, which seems to suit you more.

With that in mind, you're really rock weak, more so if you go with snover. I'd just use Nebuchadnezzar's drilbur set, except over tirtouga. This gives you more anti-sand, as even though he lacks swords dance, hes still at +2 speed in sand to revenge kill anything using opponent's sand.

Abra needs protect. I cannot stress this enough. Protect lets you scout out mienfoo's set, protecting the sash from fake outs, while I also use it to stall for weather damage ( if you go with snover), transforming former 2-3hkoes into 1-2hkoes. It is also extra insurance against an opponent's scarf mienfoo late game, making sure the opponent doesnt just spam HJK now drifloon is gone (he's frail, what do you expect?). Calm mind does absolutely nothing for abra, as its already powerful enough to wear down or outright KO most anything outside lileep in sand. Protect>Calm Mind

Lastly, some purely optional things that I happen to like. I would prefer to use Brave Bird on tailow, however I see how it would get very easily worn down, however its pretty much a nuke to anything that doesnt resist it. Another thing, I prefer Misdreavus>drifloon but that's just me. If drifloon has been working, keep it. I like misdreavus because it is so bulky, and the fact to take on murkrow and croagunk with WoWand cripple them is great. Again though, take all I say with a grain of salt, as I haven't been playing the tier all that long. Good Luck with your team!

EDIT: shit,i'm sorry man :( i just realize drilbur>tirtouga makes you incredibly weak to Brave Bird Murkrow :( i guess wear it down with priority and sac abra's sash?

TL;DR
- HP Fire>HP Water OR Bulbasaur--->Snover
- Nebuchadnezzar's Drilbur>Tirtouga
- Calm mind--->Protect

Optional TL;DR
- Drifloon--->Misdreavus
- U-turn--->Brave Bird

Snover @Choice Scarf
- Snow Warning -
Naive
104 atk/ 184 SpA/ 200 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- HP Fire

Misdreavus @Eviolite
- Levitate -
Timid
36 HP/ 120 Def/ 80 SpD/ 240 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- HP Fighting
- Pain Split

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Hey, i saw this team, and i was liek. O kool, a bulbasore. but then i realized, Bulba is majorly outclassed in today's LC meta. So I'd recommend Foongus over bulbasaur. foongus is the best grass type in LC (bar snover) and it has a couple of niches over shroomish. First, you keep the fighting resist given by his secondary poison typing. Second of all, foongus can stop setup sweepers, while shroom can't. Clear smog hits anything SE p hard with the smogon set, 2-3HKO'ing the majority of SE hits and OHKO'ing a couple too. It also has regenerator, which is better for your team because any mienfoo/foongus regenerator core is good on a team. I'll post the spread(s) last. Drifloon is fine except for toxic/sucka punch/clear smog. Use shadow ball-hp fire\ice- and destiny bond/will-o-wisp just to cripple things that might hit hard like murkrow or to take down something you'll lose against. your EV spreads are all screwed up, so I'd recommend you use the smogon ones. The biggest threat to your team right now is scarf snover. the only thing you have that can beat it 1-on-1 is mienfoo. Taillow is kinda meh right now with more people using bronzor and scarf snov so I'd recommend Scarf Magnemite,who has perfect psynergy with drifloon, it's two major weakness being two of drifloon's 3 immunities
Take what nebuchadnezzar said into account about tirt, but I'd disagree on shroomish.
Here are the spreads:
Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Drifloon @ Flying Gem
EVs: 200 Atk / 200 Spd / 40 SAtk / 8 SDef / 4 Def / 56 HP
Lonely Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Destiny Bond

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Thanks you all! I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier, but I was on vacation and with no access to internet ._.

Well, let's see about those changes you recomended me to do. I tried both shroomish and drillbur that Nebuchadnezzar told me, and I like them both, but I only kept drillbur, as it really helps in setting stealth rock and with the rapid spin thing. Anyways, I liked both options.

I also changed Calm Mind to Protect, and it really helped. Like a lot. I can't thank you enough, really.

The thing is... I don't really want to use Misdreavus. I don't know why, I just don't want lol.

At last, I changed Drifbloom's set to that GlassGlaceon told me, and I think it's working better than before.

Nevertheless, I couldn't use the new team that much, so once I've used it more, I'll tell you how it worked.

Thanks a lot, again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)