My Best Team Yet? Yeah I think so.

Lately every team I've made was ****, so I talked to one of my friends on a diffrent forum and he agreed to help me. This is what we came up with.​

-------------------------------------------At A Glance------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hax Magnet (Yanmega) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect​

My lead, Yanmega is capable of sweeping teams if played right and this thing is pretty hard to stop. Skarmory is the only thing that can put his sweeping to an end but Heatran covers him.​

He's named Hax Magnet because every turn he attacks its either a flinch or a critical.​

---

Reaver (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge​

Believe it or not but Flygon is starting to act like Platinum's new Garchomp. That being said it poses a serious threat. Don't take this guy lightly. U-turn is for Psychics and Stone Edge is for those annoying Zapdos's.​

He's named Reaver cause for some reason he reminds me of that type of enemy from Gears 2.​

---

Tsukuyomi (Cresselia) (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Psycho Shift
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam​

Cress gives me status protection and a reliable statuser at the same time. I switch in on a physical threat, predicting a hit that I can resist and I start Psycho Shifting next turn. The reason both trick and Psycho shift are here is because as long as I still have the orb I'll keep being burned. If I trick onto something (Preferably Blissey/Celebi) I can retain Cress's bulkiness while crippling the opponent's team.​

He's named Tsukuyomi cause Tsukuyomi is an ancient Japanese Moon Goddess that this thing reminds me of.​

---

Chrome Grillz (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion​

Standard Scarftran, I switched to Rash over Niave because Skymin is no longer a problem.​

He's named Chrome Grillz for obvious reasons.​

---

Atlas (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch​

My Tank. That's pretty much it. Nothing more needs to be said.​

He's named Atlas cause Rocky is overdone.​

---

Rawr (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall​

I love this set and I don't understand why more Gyarados's don't run this. The 168 Spe allows me to outspeed base 130's after a boost so I beat Neutral Scarftran. Return and Waterfall provide coverage that beats every pokemon besides Empoleon and Shedinja and Earthquake handles the former.​

He's named Rawr cause he looks like he's rawring doesn't he?​

---​

Rawr (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Waterfall

I love this set and I don't understand why more Gyarados's don't run this. The 168 Spe allows me to outspeed base 130's after a boost so I beat Neutral Scarftran. Return and Waterfall provide coverage that beats every pokemon besides Empoleon and Shedinja and Earthquake handles the former.

He's named Rawr cause he looks like he's rawring doesn't he?​

Change return for Ice Fang or Stone edge, as EQ + Waterfall + one of those alternatives also offers perfect coverage.

Change return for Ice Fang or Stone edge, as EQ + Waterfall + one of those alternatives also offers perfect coverage.
Ice + Ground + Water hits everything but Shedinja for Neutral

Ground + Rock + Water hits everything but Breloom for neutral

Ground + Normal + Water hits everything for Neutral except Shedinja.

Return hits for 102 BP while Ice Fang only has 65. The only situation I can think of where Ice Fang is more useful is when I'm up against Celebi.

EDIT: Forgot my team at a glance.

If Machamp is one of your tanks, I would suggest converting it into a Resttalker, so that it can also take statuses.

It will also increase the durability of Machamp.

Yeah you might want to change Machamp into a resttalker with Stone Edge and DynamicPunch so he can absorb status and last longer, but if he works for you the way he is I guess he's fine. I know you like the Return on Gyara, but I think Ice Fang might be better since it hits Mence, Flygon, and Gliscor all for x4 (probably OHKO on Mence and Flygon) and is also good for Celebi. Finally, if your using this on Shoddy, you may want to switch on Heatran HP Ice and Explosion for Dragon Pulse and HP Grass so you have a better move for Lati@s (and Kindgra!) and HP Grass is great for Swampert and the like.

If Machamp is one of your tanks, I would suggest converting it into a Resttalker, so that it can also take statuses.

It will also increase the durability of Machamp.
I already have Cress to take status for me.

Yeah you might want to change Machamp into a resttalker with Stone Edge and DynamicPunch so he can absorb status and last longer, but if he works for you the way he is I guess he's fine. I know you like the Return on Gyara, but I think Ice Fang might be better since it hits Mence, Flygon, and Gliscor all for x4 (probably OHKO on Mence and Flygon) and is also good for Celebi. Finally, if your using this on Shoddy, you may want to switch on Heatran HP Ice and Explosion for Dragon Pulse and HP Grass so you have a better move for Lati@s and HP Grass is great for Swampert and the like.
OK, forgot about the Dragons but as for HP Ice or Dragon Pulse, I don't think it'll shift the the damage that substantially.

OK, forgot about the Dragons but as for HP Ice or Dragon Pulse, I don't think it'll shift the the damage that substantially.
Yeah I guess it isn't a huge difference but from my experience, Explosion hasn't been much use to me on Heatran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)