Other My Bug Monotype team

My friend is really good at Bug mono. Like, really good. So I decided to make my own team. That's about it. Just a fair warning, I wrote this while I was half asleep. SO any grammatical problems, spelling errors, and general poor writing skills can be attributed to that.

Forretress
Ability:
Sturdy
Item: Red Card
EVs: 252 HP, 128 DEF, 128 SPD
Nature: Careful
Moves: Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Volt Switch

We've all seen this one. If you're not running Galvantula, you're running Forretress. It's pretty much the standard set up with not much explaining needed. It's ability and item are helpful for stopping follow hazard setters, sweepers trying to boost themselves, and Rapid spinners. It's EVs Maximize its capabilities to defend, a careful nature to give a little extra boost to its kind of pitiful SpD. Rapid Spin is to stop rivaling Stealth Rockers, which would otherwise severely injure my team. Stealth Rock itself is used to hurt Fire and Flying-types that crush bugs, and is chosen over its other two hazards, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, because my team simply needs it more than those other two. Toxic is to muzzle anything bulky that tries to lead and set up. Volt Switch is for just in case it manages to live up until mid or late game, where it can switch in, take whatever hit I needed to soften, and then get back out.

Volcarona
Ability:
Flame Body
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP, 140 DEF, 120 SPE
Nature: Bold
Moves: Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Giga Drain, Roost

Another Pokemon you just can't look at a Bug mono without seeing. Just like Forretress, it's pretty much the vision of typical. Except for its EV spread and nature, anyways. I know it has a weird spread, but trust me, it works. While most people would invest in SpA and SpD, in my opinion that's what Quiver Dance is for. So instead I invested in Volcarona's weaker points. Obviously I put a lot into HP, which isn't too surprising. The number gives it and odd amount, letting it switch into Stealth Rock 3 times. Quiver Dance is basically mandatory on all Volcarona sets, and generally I only have to use it twice to get a good sweep going. Fiery Dance lets me passively rack up SpA boosts without wasting any more turns on setting up Quiver Dance, while also hitting hard as my Fire stab. Giga Drain is generally used after a bit of setting up, and once its fast enough Giga Drain can make it hard for anything but Heatran and other Volcarona to take it down, bar anything with Stone Edge ready to spam. Roost is for when Giga Drain can't get enough HP back and also helps alleviate that annoying 50% damage from Stealth Rock.

Accelgor
Ability:
Sticky Hold
Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SPA, 252 SPE
Nature: Timid
Moves: Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Rock

Ah yes, obviously the most popular Bug-type in the history of anything ever. I can't see why Accelgor is so often overlooked, though it's probably because its movepool is just sitting there, taunting players, as if to say "Look at all the great things I get, but my defenses are so paper thin you can't use any of it!" I use it anyways though. Sticky Hold was chosen mostly because none of its abilities particularly stand out as amazing or great, but it's nice to know I'm not going to fall to Trick or Switcheroo anytime soon. Because if anything scarred me, it was definitely those moves. Sarcasm aside though, it's definitely good at its job. With a passable 100 SpA and an amazing speed that can even outspeed some scarfers (hitting an outstanding 426 speed), it's basically the definition of a fast and frail sweeper. EVs max its stats, the 4 in HP there just because I had 4 extra. Bug Buzz is my main stab and hits pretty hard. Energy Ball also gets good coverage, hitting Rock-types that would otherwise crush Accelgor with no trouble. Focus Blast hits incredibly hard, especially for Steel-types it would otherwise be totally walled by. HP Rock kills a lot of things, mostly stuff I did not expect to give me trouble but did. It's also particularly useful for Charizard, who laughs at Accelgor's other moves.

Mega Pinsir
Ability:
Aerilate
Item: Pinsirite
EVs: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Quick Attack, Thrash, X-Scissor, Earthquake

Pretty much the Sun my entire team revolves around. What my other Pokemon can't take down Pinsir can with sheer force. I don't particularly have to explain the ability, item, EVs, or nature to you. It's pretty self-explanatory. It's a sweeper who smashes walls to bits and is pretty much the opposite of fun to switch into. Quick Attack is my priority. 105 base speed is good, but not great, and priority is occasionally needed to finish a completed set up, a Focus Sashed Pokemon, or one of those horribly annoying Shell Smashers. Like seriously, why does Shell Smash exist? It just ruins my life. Thrash may seem like an odd choice, but with Aerilate it becomes more like a Flying-type Outrage. And fortunately, unlike Outrage, nothing is immune to it. X-Scissor is my Bug stab because apparently, despite having two huge ass horns on its head Pinsir doesn't get Megahorn. EQ takes out Steel and Rock-types Pinsir can struggle with, and can help make a comeback should it find itself locked into Thrash when one of these are sent out.

Heracross
Ability:
Moxie
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Close Combat, Megahorn, Rock Slide, Night Slash

A rather standard Moxie set for almost anything with Moxie. While it can be hard to get the ball rolling, after just one Moxie boost about the only thing that can stop Heracross is another scarfer or a massive defensive wall. Choice Scarf lets it go as fast as it possibly can, only being out sped by rival scarfs. The EV spread lets it hit as fast and hard as it can, putting Moxie to full use. Close Combat is tied with Megahorn for Heracross's strongest move, and thankfully I can disregard the annoying defense cut in hopes that I can get in the first hit. Megahorn is my second stab move, and unlike Close Combat nothing is immune to it and there are no drawbacks, however its accuracy can be hard to cope with if I'm locked into it for the long run. Rock Slide is great for anything with a weakness to Rock-types, which is a lot, and is better than EQ because Heracross already covers what EQ would cover. Night Slash is mostly for both Psychic-types and as a moveslot filler, as unfortunately it doesn't get Poison Jab, which I would have preferred as a Poison-type move would be great for Fairy countering.

Genesect
Ability:
Download
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 128 ATK, 128 SPA, 252 SPE
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Bug Buzz, Zen Headbutt, Flamethrower, Iron Head

Genesect is possibly one of the best mixed attackers ever, with its high, balanced offences and a great ability that tells me which side of the spectrum I should use. Sometimes with certain Pokemon, like Chansey, it's easy to see what to use, but with others it's a little harder and that tells me which moves to use (not to mention giving a nifty boost along the way!) Choice Scarf prevents it from immediately being Flamethrowered to death and its decent speed let it give other slower scarfers a run for their money. Bug Buzz is my main stab move and hits hard after a SpA boost from Download. Zen Headbutt is another painful move with good coverage, particularly against Fighting-types. Flamethrower hits pretty much everything that doesn't have water in its name, and is great for physical Steel walls who may try to block Genesect. Iron Head is just there because Steel stab. Also because I hate Fairies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)