My First 6th Gen OU Team: Giggles and Co.

Giggles (Azumarill) is a stone cold killer, the second I learned about his new water/fairy typing I knew I had to have him.

As eager as he is, the little guy still can't wreck the tier single-handedly, he needed some help. Ferrothorn covers his weaknesses, and has his weaknesses covered by Azumarill, and provides plenty of hazards/additional damage to back him up.

Of course these two are awfully slow, and potentially vulnerable to Breloom and Gengar if they're not careful. Thankfully Crobat is there to wreck any pokemon foolish enough to think a substitute is adequate protection.

With Crobat comes an annoying Electric weakness, and all of these pokemon have some trouble against mega-charizard-Y. If only there were a way to deal with electric attacks as well as base-100 speed sweepers...

Now the team is looking pretty good, but it's missing special attacks and taunt support. Rotom-W, the most useful Pokemon in OU, is here to help.

All that's missing now is a special sweeper, preferably something with taunt support to shut down all the smeargles, deoxy-s's and Cefables running rampant through ou. Deoxy-s is pretty fast though, the only way to get the better of it is priority.

Giggles (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
Azumarill has an insane attack stat, good bulk and defensive typing, and an okay movepool. In my opinion CB Azumarill is the best variant. Life orb is nice but it works against Azumarill's natural bulk, Belly-dance requires a turn to set up and carries a lot of risks, leftovers isn't a bad choice but it doesn't let Azumarill hit hard enough. CB Azumarill is INSANE, and ohko or 2hko's almost anything not named Ferrothorn. Knock Off seems like a weird choice, but it punishes any Aegislashes switching in and ruins stall.

Brambles (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
Pretty self explanatory. While now more vulnerable to ghost and dark attacks, I'd say the Gen 6 changes constitute a buff to Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball is now far more threatening, especially to Gardevoir and Togekiss, and he's one of the few really good counters to non sub-punch Mega-Kangaskhan (although there's no way it won't be kicked up to ubers), especially fake out varieties. Not much else to say here, this is a standard Ferrothorn set which hits hard, provides utility and sticks around.

The Big Man (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
OHKO's Breloom, Generally 2HKO's even Dragonites who switch in to a Super Fang (gauranteed with rocks down). Bulkier than you'd think, more dangerous than you'd hope (if you're staring him down). A generally fantastic anti-lead, the best counter to Breloom and even Mega-Gengar. (He can generally take at least one hit even w/brave bird as long as rocks aren't up. If Mega-Gengar isn't fully invested in speed it WILL die.)
I'm considering giving him taunt to completely shut down smeargle, especially if I end up ditching Thundurus/it gets kicked back up to Ubers. I'd probably drop U-turn, which is a little disappointing in the damage department.

Chomps (Garchomp) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
Alternating with Ferrothorn, switches into nasty thunderbolts unscathed. He can also weather an errant fire blast surprisingly well. Fully invested 102 base speed means he ruins Charizard, Volcarona, Dragonite, Goodra and other threats.
I'm not a huge fan of life orb OR Garchompite on him. Mega Garchomp hits hard, and having the option is nice, but I almost always need this guy at full speed. Life orb also is a decent option, but this guy is bulky, fast and naturally strong enough that it's often a net loss. Expert Belt is a decent compromise until I think of something better, although it's rarely that useful since if Garchomp hit a pokemon for SE damage, it would generally die anyways. Maybe a berry would work? Crunch also under performs, I might just replace it with Fire Fang or DD.

Shenanigans (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 Spd / 56 SAtk / 232 HP
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

The best Talonflame counter in OU not named 'Heatran' or 'Faster Talonflame.' Also does a good job against Aegislash, Scizor, Heatran, Mamoswine, and generally Excadrill. (People think it's a Rotom Counter, unless it's at 100% health and heavily invested in Special defense, it's not.) Cripples physical attackers, hits hard, lasts forever, fears 3 'mons at best, I include him on nearly every team.

Muscles (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
My answer to all the Deoxys-S and smeargles running around. I'm considering switching out Thunder Wave for Focus Blast to give him more coverage, but T-wave is useful in a pinch. Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse are a little-resisted combination. The fourth special sweeper I've attempted after Sash Alakazam, Sub-Disable Gengar and Scarf Togekiss.

So far this team has proven to be very solid, I win far more than I lose, although I've been testing out a lot of different variants so I haven't been attempting to ladder so I don't have a particular
So far the biggest things dragging it down are lack of fire/fighting moves, some vulnerability to burn (due to the concentration of physical attackers) a slight dearth of special attacks and something of a vulnerability to lightning/ice (though that said, with Knock Off Azumarill kills most of them pretty easily).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)