My First Competitive Team

Alright, so this is my first real try at a team, after reading through other teams I have come up with this one... I put it on here so i could get suggestions.

First off we have a Haxorus Lead:

Haxorus@ Lum Berry
Trait-Mold Breaker
EV's-4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252Spe
Nature- Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk)
-Taunt
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage

So my lead, pretty much taunts, then swords dance, and hits hard to a lot of leads. One set i actually came up with myself, one problem is that it gets destroyed by Specs Politoed.

Then the defensive wall:

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Trait-Poison Heal
EV's- 252 HP/ 184Def/ 72Spe
Nature- Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
-Protect
-Substitute
-Earthuake
-Toxic

Defensive wall, pretty simple. Go in, poison target, then substitute and protect a lot. Earthquake for steel and poison types. One problem will be Skarmory.

Special Wall, To take hits from ice beam"

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Trait- Water Absorb (Good Switch in for Gliscor?)
EV's- 252 HP/ 4 SpAtk/ 252SpDef
Nature-Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
-Wish
-Scald
-Substitute
-Protect, or Roar?

Take ice beams, and things that would be harmful to Gliscor or Haxorus
Wish Support, in the rare case Haxorus is still alive, also just to get burns on Physical Sweepers

Next up Rotom, he causes problems for weather teams

Rotom (wash)@ Choice Specs
Trait- Levitate
EV's- 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Nature- Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Fire
-Trick

Pretty Standard everyone knows this set

Stealth Rocks:

Infernape @ life Orb
Trait- Iron Fist
EV's- 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Punch
-Mach Punch
-Flare Blitz

I wanted a guy who could set up rocks and deal some damage.

To stop them from spinning:

Chandelure@ Choice Scarf
Trait- Flash Fire
EV's- 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Nature- Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
-Energy Ball
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Water

Chandelure can come in and block Forretress, and then take it out. Also acts as a pretty good sweeper.

Please give any suggestions you have, i am new to the competitive scene, but played pokemon all my life. Sorry for no sprites i dont know how to do that

As you team is now though, decent team, looks good. One suggestion would be your spin blocker. I suggest replacing it with either a lo gengar or a subsplit one. I find chandelure to be sort of weak due to sr weakness and popularity of rain and sand teams.

To add sprites to your post

1. go to this link http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=4&
2. right click on whatever sprite you want and select copy image location
3. go back to your post, click the square icon with the mountain picture (insert image icon)
4. a window should pop up asking you to enter a url, since you would have copied the url of the image from following step one, you just have to paste the url there and click ok.

If you want to use pokemon shadow pics instead, then go here http://pldh.net/gallery/the493 and follow the same steps as above

Have fun with your sprites....XD

I would say that you should change infernape as i personally like it being fully offencive and not a stealth rock user. It doesnt have enough room to run attacks and SR. Id recommend something sturdy. Your team also needs a better lead, i might make rotom-w scarfed, and make haxorus the late-game sweeper. Id replace chandelure with something else, gengar might work.

Please elaborate more on each Pokemon's role in the team otherwise I would have to lock this thread. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we look for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)