My first competitive team

Infernape-hasty @focus sash 252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
moves-
flare blitz
close combat
fake out
stealth rock

Infernape is my lead and can serve as a phsical sweeper also. It deals out stealth rock, and sometimes it can ko the other lead. The high speed gaurinties stealth rock and the attack stat+life orb+attack evs make him a great phisical sweeper

Staraptor-admant @choice band 252 speed 252 attack 4 defense
moves-
close combat
brave bird
roost
u turn
my back up phisical sweeper. close combat and b-b are great stab

Snorelax-quiet Chesto Berry- 252 attack 252 hp 4 sp. defense
moves-

ice punch
rest
belly drum
body slam

snorlax is a wall/physical sweeper belly drum to maximize attack, then he rests it off and he is waken by the chesto berry

rotom heat-modest @leftovers 252 speed 252 special attack 4 hp
moves-
overheat
thunder
substitute
shadow ball

i usually use him with wash fourm, but im gunna try him in heat fourm to take out common threats

charizaed-lonley @leftovers 252 special attack 252 speed 4 hp
moves-
air slash
dragon pulse
flamethrower
focus blast

charizards a good special sweeper, and does amazingly when the oponant dosent set up stealth rock(which ik is rare) air slash and flametheower are good STAB and focus blast and dragon pulse cover his weaknesses

torterra-lonly @leftovers 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
moves-
wood hammer
eq
rock polish
stone edge

torterras a good wall/phisical sweeper. eq and wood hammer get good STAB and stone edge and crunch cover his weaknesses. also after one rock polish torterra gets to 422 speed, which is an unsuspected advantage for me

makeing my team

i had snorlax and charizard in firered and they became my favorite pokemen

then, in platnium i raised torterra and staraptor. i then migarated snorlax and charizard and made them all one team

then, i need two more pokemon. my brother loved infernapes and begged me to get one, so finally i got one over the gts. it proved to be a good battler so i put it on my team

so i went with this team for awhile untill the rotom event came out. i didnt know about rotom before, so i trained it and it became part of my team. i picked wash rotom because hydro pump is a powerfull move without a sp. attack drop

so now there my soul silver team

A lot of changes need to be made, I'll do the best I can.

1) Give Infernape a focus sash, and his moves should be fake out, close combat, fire blast, and stealth rock (the leadape set). This infernape set could cripple other suicide leads while setting up your own rocks.

2) Replace Staraptor with scizor. Scizor does more damage than staraptor with the Choice Band set, and is a great scouter and revenge killer. FEAR staraptor won't be successful because of the ever-so-common stealth rock.

3) Replace Rotom-W with Rotom-H and give it the choice scarf set. I know you don't like moves like overheat, but it is required if you want to beat very common threats.

4) Replace Charizard with Gyarados. Charizard has a terrible stealth rock weakness and doesn't do sufficient damage anyway. Give gyarados the bulky DD set.

5) Replace Snorlax with the SD lucario set. Belly Drum snorlax is a big joke really, and doesn't have adequet speed to pull off a sweep. Lucario can Swords Dance up and fire off powerful stab moves like close combat, and be able to revenge kill with extremespeed.

6) Replace torterra with Swampert. Swampert can get a reliable stealth rock up if infernape didn't get the chance, and can roar away stat-up users, and can wall.

id like to keep the same team, so i changed around their moves and rotoms fourm. any better now. changes in red

id like to keep the same team, so i changed around their moves and rotoms fourm. any better now. changes in red
if you keep the team member the same, you will do very badly
I change the team members for a reason, and that's to make the team effective. If you use the same pokes just because someone wants you to and/or you want them, then that's the quickest route to loss.

Tailwind + Belly Drum Snorlax is about as useless as they come. You literally get 1 turn to do damage with Snorlax before Tailwind ends, and trust me, you'll be dead long before then.

Staraptor should have U-turn over Tailwind and Quick Attack over Sky Attack to try to imitate Scizor's utility. Note the keyword here is imitate, meaning that Scizor is still going to do it's job better.

Snorlax is too slow to take advantage of Belly Drum, and the prevalence of Fighting-types in OU means that Snorlax will rarely be able to get in a Belly Drum without dying immediately. I recommend the standard Curse-lax set, which just does this better. Even then, Death Ark is right in saying that Lucario, Metagross, and Mence all do physical sweeping better than Snorlax.

Contrary to what you might think, Charizard is not a good special sweeper. With Stealth Rock being present on every team, there's little chance for you to switch in more than once without dying. There are many better choices for a special sweeper, such as Gengar and Heatran, who are stronger and don't have a nasty 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.

Torterra just doesn't cut it as a tank in OU due to the presence of powerful attackers like Mence and Gyara. Something like Suicune or Swampert would work loads better than Torterra.

Some of your natures are useless. Lonely on Charizard and Torterra? Quiet on Snorlax? Hasty on Infernape? No, just no. Charizard needs Timid, Torterra needs Adamant, as does Snorlax, and Infernape needs Jolly / Adamant.

Now let's take a look at some of the things that would bulldoze your team: DDMence, DDGyara, SDLuke, NPApe, and Scarftar all come to mind. Honestly, there is little synergy between team members, and that can only be remedied by switching some of your Pokemon.

If you would just replace Charizard, Torterra, Staraptor, and maybe Snorlax, your team would be that much better.

i edited staraptor

to cover my stealth rock weakness, i might switch staraptor with a rapid spinner. which one will do good on this team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)