My first complete OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is my first complete OU team. Flygon, Scizor and Gengar are 3 of my favorite pokemon of all time so I was happy to have them on the team :)​

Team at a Glance:

The Team Individually:

Azelf @ Focus sash
nature Naive
EVs 40 attack 216 Special attack 252 Speed​

Moves
-Stealth Rocks
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Explosion​

Overview: ok so Azelf so far has been awesome. It's fast enough to outspeed most leads, sets up stealth rock, taunt so they can't set up, Fire Blast to take out Metagross/Bronzong and Explosion if anything goes wrong/Azelf's done it's job.​

Special Sweeper: Heatran @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Timid Nature(+speed, -attack)​

EV: 4 Attack, 252 Speciall attack, 252 Speed​

Moves
Explosion
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse​

Ok This is my special sweeper and he's perfect at taking fire hits aimed at Scizor. Explosion is if anything goes wrong, Fireblast and earth power are STAB and Dragon pulse is to take down Dragons and because I don't want to give it hidden power because the odds of it being grass is low.​

Choice Scarf Sweeper: Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Nature Naive​

evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Moves
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-Turn​

Flygon has always been one of my favorite dragons and I was sad when he used to suck but I'm glad Flygon is now OU. Flygon is amazing. It can take down lots of pokemon, it can revenge kill and it can outspeed most things thanks to choice scarf and it's speed. U-Turning between him and Scizor is also fun. Flygon is also a very capable physical sweeper.​

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant Nature: (+attack, -special attack)
EV: 248 HP, 252 attack, 8 speed​

Moves
pursuit
bullet punch
super power
U turn​

Nothing to say about this awesome guy because everyone knows about him lol. Although I was extremely suprised and happy when I found out he was really good because Scizor has always been one of my favorites ever since the Johto pokemon first started coming out Scizor was my favorite from Johto.​

Tank: Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold Nature(+Defense, - Attack)
EV: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 speed​

Moves
Calm Mind
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk​

Basically Suicune is there to take hits and then dish out damage. I like Sleep Talk because you could either Set up another calm mind or do damage with surf. Between Suicune, Heatran, Flygon, Gengar and Scizor I have alot of Resistances.​

Gengar @ Black Sludge
nature Timid
evs 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe​

moves
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt​

Ah Gengar another one of my old favorite pokemon. I remember as a kid thinking how awesome Gengar was along with Charizard and Mewtwo lol. Anyway Gengar is a very awesome special sweeper with Levitate and Immunities to fighting moves. He can outspeed lots of things and substitute when they're about to switch in makes Gengar even better at Sweeping.​

Well that's my first try at a competetive team so please RMT. :)​

I got your PM,
Well anyway I looked at your team and saw 5 steels. I thought well you are asking for ground and fire moves. Your only non-steel is Suicune which can take some hits well. But still you get killed by a good fire/ground/fighting type. So to fix this I would make a MAJOR overhaul of your team.

Metagross-He can stay

Heatran-Replace with Infernape I say this because it will keep your fire type and do roughly the same job. This set should work well.

Infernape @ Life Orb
nature Naive
evs 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Moves

- Fire Blast or Flamethrower (Your choice accuracy or Raw Power)
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- HP Ice

With 192 Spe evs your can out speed neutral nature 115 base spe Pokemon. Also it's Base spe is 108 and no other pokemon have that spe so it is unnecessary for you to have extra spe evs. He is a good sweeper against offensive and balanced teams. Fire blast/flamethrower for STAB. Grass knot for coverage against water. Close Combat for a powerful STAB. HP ice for coverage on Dragons.

Scizor- Switch to Flygon. He can run an effective choice scarf set with U-turn. And he is not steel and will work nicely on synergy with your team. Also Revenge and scout. So this set will be good.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Nature
Naughty or Naive (Once again your choice if you need more power or more speed)
evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Moves
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn

This Pokemon is an effective revenge killer and scouter. The natures because you do not want to reduce Heat Waves power. The moves Dragon Claw for STAB without locking you into a move (Outrage) Earthquake is for STAB. Heat wave is for Skarmory and Bronzong which would otherwise wall this set FOREVER. U-Turn is for scouting the other team.

Jirachi- Replace with Togekiss. This thing is close to Jirachi with flinch. But has a more reliable recovery move. With close bulk to Jirachi (Togekiss 85 HP 95 Def 115 SpD Jirachi 100 HP 100 Def 100 SpD) So this set will work wonders.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Nature Calm
Ability Serene Grace
evs 252 HP 4 Def 252 SpD
Moves
- Air slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder wave

Well the Evs make this Pokemon really bulky. The item gives it slow but sure recovery each turn improving it's bulkyness. Air Slash for STAB and a 60% Flinch move. Roost for helpful 50% recovery keeping Togekiss around for a long time. Aura Sphere for steels and rocks that otherwise wall this set. Thunder Wave because of what it does with Air Slash when the enemy Pokemon is Paralyzed and getting hit by Air Slash they only have a 30% chance of using a move. He works similarly to Jirachi with the flinch but has recovery and more special bulkyness.

Suicune- Stays for it's tanking ability.

Magnezone- Also stays because of his steel trapping abilities.

I changed your team from Metagross, Jirachi, Scizor, Heatran, Suicune, Magnezone to Metagross, Infernape, Flygon, Togekiss, Suicune, Magnezone.

Well you do not have to implement all of these changes. But I hope you take them into consideration and this makes your team better. Best of luck.

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to fix my team.

Scizor and Heatran are two pokemon that I really like and Don't want to take out but Jirachi I'll definately take out. Should I change my lead from metagross to either Celebi or Azelf so I can still use Scizor and Heatran? Also is it possible to use Scizor and Flygon in the same team because Flygon has also been one of my favorite pokemon.

If any of the leads you said I would say Azelf. He can set up stealth rocks stop the opponent from setting up there own entry hazards then either attack or go out with a bang. I would recommend using this set:

Azelf @ Focus sash
nature Naive
evs 40 Atk 216 SpA 252 Spe
Moves
-Stealth Rocks
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Explosion

Ok I say use this set because it sets up Stealth rocks and can prevent slower leads from doing so. Fire Blast is for at least wounding a Metagross or any steel lead for that matter.
Explosion is to take an enemy Pokemon down with you to the grave. His job is (duh!) a suicide lead.

Hmmmm... on the using both Scizor and Flygon on the same team you might have to get rid of Magnezone. Because you do not want to get rid of Suicune trust me. So use the same set listed above over Magnezone if you really want to have both of them on you team even though they do the same job. But hey it could be fun to u-turn between the two Pokemon.

Ok so the team is

Azelf
Heatran
Scizor
Flygon
Suicune
Togekiss

Right?

Is there anything else I can use over Togekiss cause I don't really like it lol.

Well if you do not like it because it is slow then I would say ditch the Bulk and go to Gengar. Gengar is fast and powerful. So this seems like a set that will work for you.

Gengar @ Leftovers
nature Timid
evs 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
moves
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Well this set is nice because if you can get the Sub up (Good to send this guy on something it threatens so they run away) you get another chance which is crucial on this Pokemon. So it is also nice that if you have the Sub up you can escape the enemies pursuit. Also it give an edge when sweeping because you have the sub up but you only 2HKO this guy and he threatens to OHKO you but you are faster you can beat it with ease and keep moving on the sweep holding your momentum you have gained or swing it into your favor.
Well I hope you like Gengar better then Togekiss. And this rate improves your team even more.

Gengar is actually of my old favorite pokemon and I'll be happy to try it out.

What item should I give my Suicune if I give Gengar leftovers?

Oh your playing with item clause sorry,
Give Suicune the Leftovers that is more important for him. So then what to give Gengar hmmmm.... no life orb Heatran already has that one, oh I got it a shell bell. It works kinda like the leftovers but only it is based on how much damage is done then 1/8th of the amount of damage the opponent is hit with. Gengar hits pretty hard and has low HP so some turns you will gain more HP then leftovers. But you don't heal anything when you use substitute.

-OR-

Even better I just remembered it, Black Sludge. It is the exact same thing as leftovers on Gengar. It heals 1/16 HP each turn on poison type pokemon. So Suicune and Gengar can both have the same healing.

Hope this helps

One thing I noticed is that out of sheer dumb luck you now have the amazing offensive duo of Choice Scizor and Flygon. You can U-Turn with either to scout things out and continue switching back and forth until you feel you're in a nice position to attack.

Choice Scarf Sweeper: Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Nature Naive​

evs 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Moves
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn​
I would definitly change Heat Wave to fire punch because all Evs are placed in Attack and fire punch (power 75) is only 25 points less than heat wave. Unless you are going for a Mixgon which is very uncommon.

I was actually considering Fire Punch but I wanted to try out Heat wave. I think I might replace it with Fire Punch.

Rotom H seems like a cool pokemon. Is it possible to add it to my team and I were to add it what should I take out?

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off drop Gengar for Rotom-h. You look like you have a ton of trouble with fighting Pokemon, and you only have 1 resist...I mean maybe you can outpredict once or twice, but once you lose Gengar the games wide open for basically any Pokemon with a decent Fighting-type attack. Rotom brings you more durability and is just one of those Pokemon that's always good to have. I would suggest

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Bold - 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Overheat / Substitute / Pain Split

Last move is whatever you want, better coverage, a move that can help with predicting, or a "recovery" move. The two attacking moves utilize stab, and will-o-wisp fucks with shit like Tar, who is a common switch in for some reason.

Next I would suggest dropping Scizor for a Metagross. The reason being a Tyranitar using stone edge, or any pokemon using Stone Edge for that matter would completely tear you apart since your only resist isn't exactly the bulkiest Pokemon out there. The Metagross set I would suggest is the tank set, which is very useful at ridding Latias and Gengar thanks to the no x4 fire weak, and the extra bulk that it brings.

Metagross @ Leftovers (or Expert Belt if you're playing by item clause I suppose)
Impish - 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Clear Body
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
- Earthquake

This isn't exactly gonna sweep teams (however it can), but this is a very good mon in terms of revenge killing thanks to priority + pursuit to hit faster mons, and Pokemon that want to switch. Earthquake is there to hit steels that resist Bullet Punch and Pursuit, and Explosion is just for last ditch efforts, and really now, going BOOOM is pretty fun. However since 3 of your mons have explosion, if that worries you, you could always use Meteor Mash / Thunder Punch / or Ice Punch depending on if you want to hit harder or specifically hit Gyarados or Salamence.

Definitely run Fire Blast on Flygon as that does more to Defensive steels such as Skarmory, although it's inaccurate the pay off is worth the risk. You may even want to run Stone Edge so you can revenge Salamence / Gyarados in case Metagross goes down seeing as those can give you quite some trouble.

If you don't want to run Stone Edge on your Flygon, than I 100% suggest you change your Suicune to a more bulky Resttalk Roar and Surf set so Gyarados / Salamence don't completely manhandle you, or you could even run a Rest / Surf / Ice Beam / HP Electric set with your EV's so you can either kill it, or put it in range for a Metagross or Flygon revenge. On the other hand, you could just run a Roar/ Protect/ Earthquake/ Ice Beam Swampert and call it a day. He can Stealth Rock shuffle, phaze, help scout choiced users, take on mence (assuming both at full health), and even do a bit of damage on his own. If you use Swampert just run a 252 HP/ 252 def/ 4 Sp. Def impish. This set just gives you a ton of bulk and Swampert has enough power to do damage without any EV investments. Swampert could also better help you take on Tyranitar who, let's face it, is always gay to play against.

That's all I really have to offer, sorry if you felt like I totally revamped your team, I kept the basic outline just replaced the Pokemon with ones that seemed a bit more suited. I'll check back later to see if you have and comments/concerns and to see if I missed anything. Good luck with the team and have a nice day. ^_^

I'll consider taking Suicune out for Swampert and I actually wanted to use Rotom H so I'll take out Gengar and try it out.

Scizor is the pokemon that I will never ever, take out. I love it too much lol.

Bump to the top.

Also I'm gonna try out Metagross over Azelf as a lead and I decided to keep Suicune.

I want to take out Heatran but what should I replace it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)