My first decent NU team! (RMT)

(19:00:10) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi NU is 187/10661 [1183 points / 57 battles]!

That's the peak that this team has brought me to on the PO server (so far ;) ), and honestly. That's the best I've ever done (because I suck lol). I really never thought I would do good in NU, but here I am climbing the ladder. and this is still a test team! I was hoping I can get some constructive criticism, thoughts, comments, and suggestions and whatnot from this. So here's the team!

At a Glance:

Here's a closer look!

Reiji (Serperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SAtk / 196 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Glare
- Taunt
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
Reiji the Serperior is my sort of lead, but really my support. I usually lead with Rotom in team preview, but then I whip this guy out and it can just cripple and cripple. Glare is the real crippler, slowing down any sweepers that think they can set up on it. Taunt is used to prevent set-ups, or prevent entry hazards. Giga Drain is the STAB move of choice and helps Serperior recover HP. Leech Seed is another crippling move that benefits in draining the opponent.

UFO (Beheeyem) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
I never really knew how powerful this Pokemon was until I tried it out. Before the UFO, I had a CM Musharna, and it definitely can not accomplish as much as Beheeyem. With Analytic, Choice Specs and a Modest nature, her power SKYROCKETS. A STAB Psychic will OHKO almost anything that doesn't resist it. The other moves provide Beheeyem with excellent other offensive options. On the PO server where Bisharp is oddly NU, people tend to switch in to Bisharp on it. However, it is easily brought down by either HP Ground or Tbolt.

Samurai Jack (Samurott) (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
This is my second Special Sweeper. Samurai Jack does some pretty solid work. Putting Samurott in during a safe switch opportunity is really good. Samurott forces out switches very often, letting me get a free substitute. Hydro Pump is the very powerful STAB move of choice, and the other two attacking moves provide really good coverage. Plus, Substituting to Torrent range makes Hydro Pump almost unstoppable.

BabyKang (Marowak) (M) @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge
By the way, the nickname behind this set is due to the theory that Cubone was originally a baby Kangaskhan. Anywho, back to the set. Another pokemon forcing switch-ins is Marowak. He is able to get Stealth Rocks up and is a very powerful pokemon. Thick Club lets Marowak's attack soar sky high. Bonemerang breaks them really annoying subs. Double-Edge is a way to take advantage of Rock Head and Stone Edge takes care of Flying types.

UselessAbility (Rotom-S) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch
The Rotom with a useless ability. It was suggested by FLCL and it works great on my team. I tend to get lucky with those Flinching Air-Slashes and Thunderbolt makes great STAB. He can trick his Scarf onto opponents to cripple them. Rotom can also be a Scout with Volt Switch and rack damage as well.

PregnantWoman(Kangaskhan) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Last and possibly the MVP of this team (even with the new set); KANGASKHAN! THE PREGNANT WOMAN! (Brought to you by FLCL) Scrappy lets Kangaskhan hit Ghost types with it's STAB Double-Edge. Drain Punch is makes good coverage and a form of recovery. Sucker Punch lets me hit opposing sweepers.
Changes

• Kangaskhan moveset.
  • Rotom-S > Monferno.
  • Salac Berry > Life Orb on Samurott

Testing

• Regice/CM Musharna > Beheeyem
  • Roselia > Serperior
  • Golurk > Marowak

That should be all for now. Hope you enjoyed, and like I said before. Hope to get some good responses.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
this team absolutely needs an revenge killer for fast threats such as gorebyss and swellow. the former can sweep this team clean if it manages to set up, while the latter can hit everything for huge damage without any boost. i suggest replacing monferno with choice scarf rotom-s, who can check a lot of offensive pokemon that are speedy and frail. you should also use the standard kangaskhan set with fake out, sucker punch, double edge, and drain punch, which would help your team against opposing sweepers even more.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

this team absolutely needs an revenge killer for fast threats such as gorebyss and swellow. the former can sweep this team clean if it manages to set up, while the latter can hit everything for huge damage without any boost. i suggest replacing monferno with choice scarf rotom-s, who can check a lot of offensive pokemon that are speedy and frail. you should also use the standard kangaskhan set with fake out, sucker punch, double edge, and drain punch, which would help your team against opposing sweepers even more.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Hmm.. Well you seem to be the expert on NU around here from checking the other RMT's so I trust you know what you're talking about. Honestly, the only reason why I used this Kangaskan set was to try it out. If I did a teambuilding process in my title thread, I started off with Kangaskhan but if you think that it will really benefit then I'll test that out. For Rotom, the only thing I have a problem with is that my team will turn out to be too Special oriented. If anything was to replace, I would hope to put a Physical Sweeper or something. However, Rotom does give me more type synergy so I'll consider and do some testing on it.

EDIT: By the way, thanks for the rate!

your checks to choice band sawk and a majority of normal-types are also pretty weak. in addition to what flcl said, i would suggest using golurk over marowak so that you can handle the aforementioned threats with a little more ease. golurk not only provides stealth rock, but it also has pretty decent coverage and great offensive presence.

additionally, substitute in conjunction with life orb will cut into samurott's health considerably, and it will be worn down too fast. you could consider other options like running taunt over substitute or using a salac berry instead of a life orb. taunt is a great general utility move so that slower pokemon, like stealth rock setters, lickilicky, and alomomola can't do much. salac berry works with substitute so that you can start outpacing more pokemon and potentially sweep with samurott in torrent range.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Hmm, I see a lot of NeverUsedTier's sets in here...

FLCL and ium have already pointed out some flaws of your team, and I totally agree with them, but I have some more suggestions that may help your team.

For that Serperior spread, I highly recommend you to run 192 Spe EVs instead of your current EV spread. The EVs shown are to outspeed positive base 105 Speed Pokemon and below, like Charizard, the Simis, Rapidash, Haunter, Kadabra, and proceed to Glare it to help you with your speed issue.

This is optional but, maybe try Specs Musharna over the place of Beheeyem. Musharna has some advantages over Beheeyem, such as much greater bulk, Baton Pass, which helps it escape Skuntank's Pursuit and grab momentum, and it counters Sawk even without any defensive investments.

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 Spd / 252 HP / 60 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Glare

Musharna @ Choice Specs
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Baton Pass
- Trick / Baton Pass

Good luck on your team!

dude what? this cannot be a coincidence it just CAN'T be. like, are you a fan of mine or something? cuz thats almost the EXACT team ive been using in my laddering series. all but the beheeyem. and the weird serperior evs.

Okay here comes mass quoting time!

your checks to choice band sawk and a majority of normal-types are also pretty weak. in addition to what flcl said, i would suggest using golurk over marowak so that you can handle the aforementioned threats with a little more ease. golurk not only provides stealth rock, but it also has pretty decent coverage and great offensive presence.

additionally, substitute in conjunction with life orb will cut into samurott's health considerably, and it will be worn down too fast. you could consider other options like running taunt over substitute or using a salac berry instead of a life orb. taunt is a great general utility move so that slower pokemon, like stealth rock setters, lickilicky, and alomomola can't do much. salac berry works with substitute so that you can start outpacing more pokemon and potentially sweep with samurott in torrent range.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
I like your idea of Golurk because my Rocks seem to be spinned all day anyways. Golurk does seem to have more roles than Marowak had. I'll be sure to try that out. And as for Samurott, I think I like your Salac Berry idea! And after testing it a few, it seems to come out clutch a lot better! Thanks for the rate~

Hmm, I see a lot of NeverUsedTier's sets in here...

FLCL and ium have already pointed out some flaws of your team, and I totally agree with them, but I have some more suggestions that may help your team.

For that Serperior spread, I highly recommend you to run 192 Spe EVs instead of your current EV spread. The EVs shown are to outspeed positive base 105 Speed Pokemon and below, like Charizard, the Simis, Rapidash, Haunter, Kadabra, and proceed to Glare it to help you with your speed issue.

This is optional but, maybe try Specs Musharna over the place of Beheeyem. Musharna has some advantages over Beheeyem, such as much greater bulk, Baton Pass, which helps it escape Skuntank's Pursuit and grab momentum, and it counters Sawk even without any defensive investments.

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 Spd / 252 HP / 60 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Glare

Musharna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Baton Pass
- Trick / Baton Pass

Good luck on your team!
Well.. That's because they sort of are. Though, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Anywho, for your suggestions I'll definitely be using that Serperior. However, I find a few pro's and cons about Musharna. With replacing Beheeyem, a huge loss on Special Attack is lost, and Musharna wont be able to T-Bolt the flying type pokemon that usually rip my team apart (which is why I'm sort of considering FLCL's idea). However, I do like it's ability of Synchronize to cripple some Pokemon. Also Trick could really screw somethings up. So I'll definitely consider it.

dude what? this cannot be a coincidence it just CAN'T be. like, are you a fan of mine or something? cuz thats almost the EXACT team ive been using in my laddering series. all but the beheeyem. and the weird serperior evs.
Yeah.. I'm a fan of yours and you were the one that gave me an idea to start playing NU. I heard of your Monferno set from a comment on P0keMEN's video. I sort of didn't have any idea of what to use in NU so I took your team as a base and tried switching a bit. I tried CM Musharna over Haunter, but it wasn't working out so I tried Beheeyem and it was starting to work so I kept on with it. Sorry if this hurts you in anyway, if so I'll be sure to change a lot of it and make it more of my own. Or I can also give credit to you ^^'

Okay here comes mass quoting time!

I like your idea of Golurk because my Rocks seem to be spinned all day anyways. Golurk does seem to have more roles than Marowak had. I'll be sure to try that out. And as for Samurott, I think I like your Salac Berry idea! And after testing it a few, it seems to come out clutch a lot better! Thanks for the rate~

Well.. That's because they sort of are. Though, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Anywho, for your suggestions I'll definitely be using that Serperior. However, I find a few pro's and cons about Musharna. With replacing Beheeyem, a huge loss on Special Attack is lost, and Musharna wont be able to T-Bolt the flying type pokemon that usually rip my team apart (which is why I'm sort of considering FLCL's idea). However, I do like it's ability of Synchronize to cripple some Pokemon. Also Trick could really screw somethings up. So I'll definitely consider it.

Yeah.. I'm a fan of yours and you were the one that gave me an idea to start playing NU. I heard of your Monferno set from a comment on P0keMEN's video. I sort of didn't have any idea of what to use in NU so I took your team as a base and tried switching a bit. I tried CM Musharna over Haunter, but it wasn't working out so I tried Beheeyem and it was starting to work so I kept on with it. Sorry if this hurts you in anyway, if so I'll be sure to change a lot of it and make it more of my own. Or I can also give credit to you ^^'
nah its all fine i guess man, im actually kinda surprised someone saw my team and liked it enough to try it xD and monferno is my favorite pokemon. and yeah its fine you took it and stuff, but you did make some wierd changes like the samurott having life orb? idk its all personal preference i guess. so how does this team work for you?

nah its all fine i guess man, im actually kinda surprised someone saw my team and liked it enough to try it xD and monferno is my favorite pokemon. and yeah its fine you took it and stuff, but you did make some wierd changes like the samurott having life orb? idk its all personal preference i guess. so how does this team work for you?
Yeah I sort of merged your set and Smogon's set for Samurott xD Not the best idea, but I am liking the Salac Berry that ium suggested. But yeah, this team has been working great for me! And btw, I'll give credit to you in the form of nicknaming one of my pokes after you ;D Thanks though!

EDIT/UPDATE: So far, Salac Berry on Samurott is definite. So is the new Kangaskhan set. Rotom-S is still in testing, as well as Golurk and Musharna. I will update the OP soon. Thanks guys!!~

EDIT/UPDATE #2: Musharna doesn't work for me. Rotom-S is working out so far, but I still need some assurance. Golurk is working great, except with Dynamic Punch and No Guard over Ice Punch.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rain Dance Ludicolo has the potential to tear apart your team. Nothing wants to take a hit from it. The best way you have to handle it is Fake Out + Sucker Punch from Kangaskhan (which will likely miss out on the KO by just a little bit), then letting it die and going out into Serperior to take 67-80% from an Ice Beam. Because of this, if you're willing to change out Beheeyem, I would recommend the standard RestTalk Regice set in its place. With Max HP and Max SpA investment and Leftovers, Regice can take on Ludicolo and other special attackers with relative ease. Surf in the rain is a 2HKO after Rocks and a 3HKO without them, while Ice Beam from Regice is a guaranteed 2HKO with LO recoil. Thunderbolt is a guaranteed 3HKO with LO recoil on Ludicolo. Basically what this set is going to do is allow you to take on special attackers better than what you could with Beheeyem while still dealing notable damage to opposing Pokemon. It may not always be able to beat Ludicolo 1v1, but it's going to make things much easier for you. In addition to that, you're adding some much needed bulk to the team. Anyways, I recommend testing it out and seeing how it does. :)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, seeing as I'm assuming that Rotom-S and Kangaskhan are set changes, I'll give you my own suggestions.

ium's right about Normal-types being a pain for your team. I would also recommend Golurk over Marowak :pirate: for the extra defense against stuff like Zangoose. Also, you can try the No Guard lead set instead to take advantage of Golurk's similar ability to prevent Stealth Rock from being set up too early against you. I'm not sure why you are having trouble with Skuntank, since Golurk can always live a Sucker Punch and EQ it to death easily if its at around 80% HP. As for Mightyena(lol) you still have Kangaskhan to easily deal with it.

Now, Beheeyem is a great Pokemon, but your team doesn't quite need its sheer power. Your team is bulky offense, but it does want a good answer to stuff like Sawk. I would stick with a standard CM Musharna over it. Not only is it a great answer to Sawk and friends, it can set up on many Pokes in the tier and sweep even more effectively than Beheeyem. Good ol' Mushy also can help tank Zangoose's Facade once if you need it. Of course, there is another reason for this suggestion: your Serperior set.

If you are adamant about keeping Beheeyem, then I would question the point of a Glare set. Beheeyem's overwhelming power comes from going last to activate Analytic. Paralyzing opposing Pokes kind of kill the point, and make the cost of having no safe continuous switch in to Sawk more of a problem (and it makes your team even weaker to Skuntank). I feel like the role of a Grass-type would be better spent on Roselia, who can set up Spikes to help Samurott and Kangaskhan gain important KOs. Roselia helps absorb Toxic Spikes and can tank some decently powered Special hits as well. It can hit Rain stuff like Ludicolo pretty hard so that Kangaskhan can finish them off as well (see how useful FLCL's suggestion is?)

Changes:

Golurk>Marowak
Musharna>Beheeyem
-OR-
Roselia>Serperior

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest / Synthesis

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dynamicpunch
- Stone Edge

I realized after seeing some Pokemon that weren't threats that I was used to seeing, I realized something. By putting Golurk on my team and testing my team on PO, I was playing LU! So after that, I decided to just test on Showdown! and oh wow how the competition differs from the two programs. PO was much easier, or Showdown! was much harder. Not sure which way it goes, but maybe it's something on my team.. Idk but I'm still doing okay.

I am finding a lot of problems on facing the likes of Mightyena/Skuntank. Mainly Skuntank because of his power to trap. He trapped my Beheeyem, my Rotom, Golurk,.. mostly everything actually. I tried Regice over Beheeyem, and it works pretty well as a Special Wall unless it turns out to be really dumb with Sleep Talk. And still, Skuntank rips through it. I think I might stick with Beheeyem, but I'll play around with it some more. Anywho, Rotom is like 99.9999% in there, but I feel like my Physical Attacking arsenal is at a very low level. Golurk has a nice offensive presence, but I am not sure if it is enough on it's own. However, it's doing about equal to what marowak did so I like that about it.. That's about 50% in my team. So that's all I have for now in updates, and I'll be sure to create a *Changes/Testing* section in the OP. Thanks for the rates guys!

Because of this, if you're willing to change out Beheeyem, I would recommend the standard RestTalk Regice set in its place.
In addition to the Ludicolo weakness, I would not recommend a choice band and a choice specs on the same team. Change Beheeyem to Regice.

It's official, Rotom-S is the newest member of my team. I found out that it comes out so clutch for me. I made the Changes/Testing section in the OP. I actually like the Roselia suggestion WhiteDMist! It gives me a lot more resistances and I like the extra hazards. I'm testing it right now, along with Musharna and Golurk. Thanks for the rates, and be sure to check for edits just in case I don't want to double post~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)