My first fifth gen team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i'd appreciate if i could get some feed back about my team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Description: This guy is my lead because he sets up the stealth rocks. He also can become a dangerous sweeper. His Defense makes him bulky so he wont die right away.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs:
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Description: I need this guy to act as a dangerous sweeper. His variety of attacks pose a threat to most pokemon.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Description : my tyrantiar is both strong and bulky. His Dark type lets me deal with those psychic pokemon.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- ThunderPunch

Description : I chose metagross because hes part psychic which means he can take a fighting move safely. Hes another good sweeper.

Gengar (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 255 SAtk / 76 SDef / 176 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Dream Eater

Description : when i am faced with a really strong pokemon this guy goes in and uses hypnosis. I put wide lens on it so its a better chance of hypnosis working.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 168 Def / 116 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Description: My wall, its actually my favorite pokemon on the team. Its special defence is vital because whenever my metagross is threatened with a flamethrower i send this guy in too take the damage. His ice beam also poses a huge threat to the dragon types.

Hi! this is my first time rating a team, but here goes....

The relaxed nature of your swampert might hinder your ability to get stealth rock in. Also, Since the nature lowers your speed, a serperior or a chandelure with energy ball or any other kind of special grass move will threaten your swampert due to being faster than it. Chandelure can pose a bigger threat if it has shadow tag, as there will be no way for your swampert to switch out to blissey or even dragonite, and will kill you with an energy ball if it has it. Having increased defense is nice, but that four times weakness to grass moves and a decreased speed make it hard for swampert to set up stealth rock or ko faster pokemon with access to grass type moves. You can give your swampert a focus sash since swampert attracts grass type moves, so at least you'll be able to get stealth rock in before dying, or switch out on a predicted grass type attack to perhaps a Bouffalant with sap sipper as it can threaten the opposing grass types with megahorn, while being immune to the grass type move.

Mixed Dragonite is alright, but you gotta watch for the recoil of draco meteor. Because if you fire off a draco blast, fire blast's power will significantly get cut, and its likely that you'll rely on earthquake and extremespeed to compensate for that cut. An opponent with another gengar can switch on earthquake and extremespeed and might threaten you with icy wind if its the icy wind set.

Tyrannitar is cool, but you gotta be careful of focus blasters and fighting types. Or even anything faster that has access to fighting moves. Krookodile can take little damage from crunch, stone edge and pursuit, and can brick break your tyrannitar if its faster. However, some fighting pokemon are easy to predict such as mach punch conkeldurr, so It would be advised to switch with gengar if you predict a fighting move is coming.

Do you have a forth move for metagross? I think you only have three moves. For the forth move, I suggest zen headbutt so it gets stab and the flinch is nice. Just be careful if you get locked with zen headbutt because if the opponent figures out you have a choice item, they can switch to hydreigon or zoroark with fire moves. If you switch out to blissey to block flamethrower, take caution to pokemon with psyshock.

your gengar is promising, but due to the accuracy cut in Black and white, you have to be wary of what you should do if hypnosis misses. Pokemon with physical dark type moves will also kill gengar with a mild nature due to the defense cut. Pokemon with sucker punch will also prove to be a huge inconvenience for gengar as well, as it will hit first and possibly OHKO gengar.

Blissey is alright, but since no evs have been put into special attack, a pokemon with high special defense can really cripple you. Or even a pokemon such as starmie with psyshock can switch in, absorb damage from fire blast and ice beam, and psyshock you.

Over all, its a very promising team, you just need to work on your natures, evs, and some of your moves. I know that my post might've been my first rating, but those were some kinks I found in the team that might be worth knowing. You're on your way though! ^_^

I like how you can switch blissey in on many fire attacks and dragonite on the oh so common earthquake. As a quick suggestion, putting Agility in for your Metagross's 4th move could help you out a lot. Then, if you switch in on something the opponent is afraid of, you can increase your speed, thus allowing you to free up your item slot for something like an expert belt (more damage for super effectives), life orb (more damage all around), or shell bell (beats leftovers because I'm assuming after an agility or at the most two you'll only be using metagross to attack).

Edit: First part references Metagross as well

I like how you can switch blissey in on many fire attacks and dragonite on the oh so common earthquake. As a quick suggestion, putting Agility in for your Metagross's 4th move could help you out a lot. Then, if you switch in on something the opponent is afraid of, you can increase your speed, thus allowing you to free up your item slot for something like an expert belt (more damage for super effectives), life orb (more damage all around), or shell bell (beats leftovers because I'm assuming after an agility or at the most two you'll only be using metagross to attack).

Edit: First part references Metagross as well
I agree with agility as a forth move as well, it compensates for metagross's speed perfectly. I think leftovers might be preferred over shell bell because you have to hit your opponent in order to heal with it, whereas leftovers will heal you without hurting the opponent. Because if a pokemon is faster than him before he uses agility, a pokemon could leech seed him or burn him.

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)