SV OU My First Gen 9 OU Team

Hello everyone,
I have gotten into competitive very recently, in the last 2 weeks or so, and decided to take a crack at making my own team instead of playing randoms. Here it is, I know it has some flaws, but my inexperience makes it hard for me to see them or find ways to fix them. Any help at all is appreciated. I am trying to go for an offensive hazard stack team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Will-O-Wisp
The goal of this Heatran is to be a support mon that can also wall thanks to its typing, iron defense, and EV spread. I added will-o-wisp to the moveset because it synergizes with my Dragapult who uses hex. I gave it air balloon so that it can't die right away to ground moves and I can either burn or set up rocks depending on what I need. I also gave it body press which has seen a surprising amount of success for me. One idea I have is to switch him to tera fighting for stab on this move.

Enamorus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Tera Blast
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss
The goal of this Enamorus is to be one of my sweepers thanks to its ability contrary. I really like how it synergizes with tera stellar tera blast. Superpower, draining kiss, and assault vest allow it to stay on the field for a little bit, and I gave it mystical fire to cripple special attackers and give me some type coverage against steel types. I have definitely had the most fun using Enamorus in this team so I want to keep this general idea but any tweaks are welcome, maybe get rid of assault vest for something like boots or life orb? I'm not too sure myself. Because I almost always tera Enamorus, I did not put much thought into the tera types of the other mons in this team, so some advice for that would help me so much.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
This Great Tusk serves as my spinner and knock off mon who can also deal tons of damage if need be. I try to keep him alive until my opponent's hazard setters are dealt with. I just used Showdown's suggested EV spread for this build and it works great. I don't like having two moves that debuff me so I opted for earthquake over headlong rush but if someone could give me an explanation as to why headlong rush makes more sense I'm all ears.

Samurott-Hisui @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Aqua Cutter
- Aqua Jet
- Encore
Samurott serves as my lead and primary hazard setter. I like putting it out first because I feel like I see a lot of prankster mons which he negates. I also put encore on him to force alolan ninetales to switch after setting aurora veil for example. I mainly just spam ceaseless edge with this guy and switch out on disadvantages. I gave him priority with aqua jet and aqua cutter as well and I am wondering if he could use some more type coverage. Overall, very simple gameplan with Samurott.

Dragapult @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
Dragapult is a fast sweeper and pivot in this team. I like to use thunder wave and u-turn a lot and he doesn't tend to stay on the field for too long because he is frail and I want to keep him to clean up. Alongside will-o-wisp on my Heatran, hex does a lot of damage, and I like that I have physical and special options on this Dragapult. Some places I could use guidance on with this guy are his tera type, held item, and EV spread. As a mixed attacker, should I give him some more special attack? I figured that hex getting double power is enough so I went all out for dragon darts and physical attack. His ghost type also allows me to stop rapid spin and keep my hazards on the field.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
This Gholdengo is a bulkier set that I found online and really like to use. If I have the chance to get a nasty plot and a recover, he serves as a great sweeper. One question I have about this Gholdengo is if I need air ballon on it or if I should switch to something like leftovers for more longevity. Of course, Gholdengo is my primary option for preventing hazard removal thanks to its type and ability. I have had the idea of swapping out shadow ball for more coverage since Hex does the job a lot of the time in regards to ghost moves.

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi friend,yeah an entry hazards ho team is quite a popular team style in svou, your construction is full of efforts in laying nails, but it is slightly insufficient in how to form offensive pressure, and the team's fault tolerance rate is too low, my suggestions are as follows

The lando-t and glimmora is a good core to defensive and set entry hazards. But u can let lando-t to set stealthyrock and Samurott-Hisui to set spikes, heatran in ur team most like a defensive core to give the defensive tpye to eat fairy type attacks, also makes u have to choose Enamorus to make up for your weakness in ground type. Rapid spiner glimmora > great-tusk not only does it take the pressure off your fairy type defense and increase your ability to break the stall, but Samurott-Hisui's set spikes as much as possible also help glimmora break the stall. AV Primarina with high enough SpD and good SpA, you can also form a volt-turn core with lando-t to give your team more opportunities to grab rhythm. The gholdengo can be used to block spin and defog and give your team a clearing upset point late in the game. It's clear that this team isn't that good at dealing with their opponent's dark type Pokemon, So you can consider move focusblast > recover for gholdengo or move Sacred Sword > Encore for Samurott-Hisui. The last thing you need to mention is how you deal with eogrpen-w, Make sure gholdengo's blood count is healthy. That's why I chose bulky's configuration over 252spa 252spe. Hope u enjoy this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)