ORAS NU My First NU RMT

Hello everyone, my name is HellFury92 on showdown. I have been on a 6 month hiatus but back to the game and relearning everything. This is my first RMT ever so go easy on me im not a pro at all lol. Thanks to Rapture. for the team changes they have really helped a lot. Anyways here is the Farm Life team:

piloswine.gif

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I usually use him as a lead to get up rocks. Other than that he is extremely defensive capable of taking any hit without set-up. I used to have Avalanche but switched to Icicle Crash for power and flinch chance. Ice Shard for priority and EQ for secondary stab and coverage. 248 evs in HP to add extra bulk and the rest in offense for power. Also 8 Speed evs to outspeed other Piloswine.

Mismagius.gif

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

or

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Specs Mismagius has been a surprise a lot of the time to players and punches holes in teams. There has been times it was my win condition. Shadow Ball for STAB, Psychic to better hit fighting and poison types, Energy Ball for all the x4 grass weak mons in NU and for Samurott, and Dazzling Gleam for Dark types. 252SpAtk to maximize its power with Specs and 252+ speed to outspeed most of the tier. Only thing that would give this issues is Liepard but i do have Vivillon and Samurott for that.

For the Colburr Set its to better make use of its utility moves while being a better fighting type check. With the Colburr Berry it takes Knock Offs pretty well bar Gurdurr. Hex for STAB atk, WOW to support Hex and support its role, can also use it just to spread status for extra dmg, Taunt to stop stall, set up sweepers, etc., and Pain Split for recovery. Max HP for bulk, 80 Def to help take physical hits better since it is brought in to check physical attackers, and the rest in speed since it has great special stats already.

I love the specs set but another set thanks to Rapture. has been available and to be honest its great but i will still jump between the 2 sets. Anyways.

hitmonchan.gif

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Hitmonchan the punching man has been a great spin supporter for this team and helps Mismagius with Liepard as well. Drain Punch for sustain and STAB, Bullet Punch was on here but decided to change to Mach Punch since it is supposed to help against fast dark types, does more dmg, and still is priority, also i never needed to use Bullet Punch, Ice Punch for flyers, and Rapid Spin for rocks. Assault Vest allows it to even take on Xatu if needed with Ice Punch and further maximizes its already great SpDef stat. 252Atk for power, 124 HP for extra bulk and 132 speed to help outspeed things like Rhydon and Torterra. This thing can definitely take a hit and dish out a lot of damage back.

vivillon.gif

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball

I need something that could handle fighting, psychic and dark types for this team to support Mismagius and Hitmonchan mostly and I chose standard Vivillon. It has been a pain to fight against and a blessing when I use it, so, so far so good. Focus Sash so it can guarantee a set up or revenge kill. Quiver Dance to set up, Bug Buzz used to be its secondary STAB but decided with Enery Ball to hit its switch in rock ground mons better, also helps against water types like Samurott and Quagsire, Hurricane for STAB, and Sleep Powder to force switches and/or to allow me to set-up. Max SpAtk and Speed to make it a better sweeper and it does hit for a ton of damage with just one Quiver Dance.

samurott.gif

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

This beast is a monster power house and it able to get up a SD easily on most things. After that it just kills anything in its way that cant kill it. Life Orb was the item i had before but Rindo Berry is the new item helps me absorb grass moves better and helps against Ludicolo who otherwise gives me a lot of issues if it takes out Samurott. Aqua Jet is STAB priority, Waterfall is its main STAB, Megahorn for grass, psychic, dark, and mons resistant against water, and SD for set up. Max Atk for maximum power and damage output, 112 HP for extra bulk, and 144 speed to help outspeed base 55s like Golurk and Cacturne.

pyroar.jpg

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

Pyroar is a great revenge killer and at times a great sweeper for my team. Choice Scarf was the item i was using but Life Orb allows me to switch up moves at the cost of longevity but its frail anyways and fast already. Unnerve because i dont like the randomness of Rival either working for or against me. Hyper Voice and Fire Blast for STAB, Dark Pulse is now HP Grass to better hit the rock types that commonly switch in and otherwise destroy Pyroar, and WOW to help support Mismagius and to help spread status. Max SpAtk and Speed for obvious reasons lol.

Any polite criticism is accepted and any feedback on how to change my team if its needed is appreciated and considered. This team is undefeated so far and others have said its not really weak to anything in NU in particular. Thanks and if anyone wants to use it go ahead :)

For those wanting to use it here is the importable:

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi HellFury92 nice team that you've managed to make here. Pokemon wise, the build is really solid since offense is one of the better playstyles in NU at the moment. With that being said, all of your sets could use some tweaking to bring the team to its maximum efficiency. Check below to see what I recommend.

With Piloswine I would recommend changing the ev spread to 248 hp/252 atk/ 8 speed. This is generally the most useful spread since it provides a good mix of defensive and offensive utility. Also, you already mentioned this but I would change Avalanche to Icicle Crash since relying on being hit to boost Avalanches power can be really inconsistent.

Specs Mismagius is really just a waste of all the utility that missy can have on an offensive team, because of this I recommend the following set for this team;

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

What Stallbreaker Mismagius lets you do over your set is be infinitely more annoying to slower teams while still packing a punch with Hex + WoW. Also gives the team a more solid fighting check.

For Av Hitmonchan put Mach Punch over Bullet Punch. Realistically Bullet Punch isn't going to be doing enough damage to force out any relevant fairy in the tier so it isn't worth using in my opinion. Mach punch on the other hand, gives a stronger priority move for Hitmonchan to make use of which is more useful overall.

Secondly I'd recommend changing the Ev spread to this: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe with an Adamant nature. This still gives you a respectable amount of bulk while also giving enough speed to hit things like Torterra and Pawniard.

Energy Ball > Bug Buzz to hit things like Rhydon and Regirock so Pyroar can have more room to throw out Fire Blasts and Hyper Voices.

Only other change here is Timid > Modest. The 80's speed tier is very crowded in Nu with threats like Jolly Sawk, Kabutops and Opposing Vivillion all round that mark. You're better with the speed boost since the fast sleep is generally more useful in setting up than the extra power boost from running modest.

Rindo Berry > Life Orb. As the team's only water resist, running Rindo Berry helps to check Ludicolo which gives your team a ton of trouble at the moment. Also helps you set up an SD on all the grass coverage people run in NU to hit the omipresent Rhydon.

A change of Samurotts EV Spread to 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe with an Adamant Nature is necessary to support the item change. This is similar to the change I recommended on Hitmonchan in that it makes the most of Samurott's combination of bulk and power with the above spread letting you still hit Neutral speed base 55's like Golurk and Cacturne.

To put it bluntly, Scarf Pyroar is a complete waste of potential on 99.9% of teams its on. This team, in particular, has plenty of priority moves to deal with faster threats so the Life Orb set is vastly superior in this case

Pyroar @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Will-O-Wisp / Substitute

Not a whole lot of changes besides the item. HP Grass is better overall to hit the water types and rock types that are typically used on teams in NU as fire resists. Dark Pulse doesn't hit anything notable and isn't worth running unless you really want to hit Lampent for whatever reason lol. To replace it, both Will o Wisp and Sub make great utility moves for the last slot. Wisp helps to spread status to whittle down teams while Sub can be useful alongside Expert Belt to dodge status moves. Both sets I've tried in the past so try both and see what works best.

TDLR: Just read everything in Bold and/or read the importable below.

For convenience, I'll include an importable of the changes I recommended below. RMT's don't require it, but editing one to your post is something I would do so that people have an easier time using your team.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

With all that being said, I hope I've helped to improve your team. Have fun!

Thank you I will be trying out all of these changes and will edit the team after testing :) Update: After testing your changes out Rapture. I have decided to implement them all :) Thanks again and will make sure to credit you in my RMT :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)