XY OU My First OU :D

Hi everyone iam new to OU tier but here's my team.Iam still a newbie and i will really like a suggestion for my team.

1.Talonflame @ no item
Ability:Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4Def
-Acrobatics
-SwordsDance
-Flareblitz
-taunt

Talonflame my lead.It shuts down opponents SR,Spikes etc with taunt and give it a chance to set up SD easily( 90% of time).After setting SD it just KO stuff.Taunt is specially useful when you have 2 or more SD boost and opponent try to cripple you with,Thunderwave, toxic ( specially toxic orb Gliscor).But most of the time it KO pokes (Man its a monster)

2.Excadrill @ air balloon
Ability:MoldBreaker
Adamant Nature
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spe /4 Hp
-Rapidspin
-Earthquake
-Ironhead
-StealthRock

Since iam using Talonflame so this is my rapidspinner.The main job of excadrill is to use rapidspin and then setup stealthrocks and then cause a small damage.

3.Serperior @ Lumberry
Ability:Contrary
Timid Nature
EVs:252 Spe / 252 Spatk / 4 Hp
-Leafstorm
-Gigadrain
-Substitute
-Hidden power (Ground)

Serperior is my main Sweeper.It also counters Rotom-W that threaten my team and Rotom-W cant cripple it with its will-o-wisp too.The main reason of using Lumberry is so it wont get poisoned and can keep on killing pokemons.Leafstorm is its main stab and hits hard and it increases its Spatk every time.GigaDrain is used if i want to recover or hit accurately.Hidden power (Ground) is used so it can KO a heatran but it makes Serperior vulnerable to Ferrothorn and Scizor.

4.Mega-Swampert @ Swapertite
Ability:Swiftswim
Adamant Nature
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4Hp
-RainDance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Icepunch

Its my RainDance sweeper.My first objective is to set up raindance and then kill other pokemons.Waterfall is my main stab and hits hard.Earthquake is used to KO Mega-Metagross and other stuff.IcePunch covers grass type weakness and can KO dragon types.

5.Salamence @ Lifeorb
Ability:Moxie
Adamant Nature
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
-DragonClaw
-DragonDance
-Earthquake
-FireFang

Salamence is my late game cleaner.I just set up DD and then Sweep remaining team.With moxie it just cant be stopped.Earthquake is used to shatter walls and firefang is used to KO M-Scizor,Ferrothron etc.

6.Cofragius Leftovers
Ability:Mummy
Calm Nature
EVs:252 Def / 252 Spdef / 4 Spatk
-Nastyplot
-Will-O-Wisp
-PainSplit
-Shadowball

Cofragius is just a filler.I really need to replace it but cant decide anything ( really love to replace it with a poiosn type ).I Cripple Physical Atkers with will-o-wisp and then go for nastyplot and then start sweeping with shadowball and painsplit is just use to recover

Last edited:
I have no idea if this is meant to be some pitiful attempt at a lame and overdone joke, but im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take this as you had technically difficulties or a miss understanding. I suggest you actually provide a team of six Pokemon with at least 3 lines of description for each Pokemon. There are further requirements that you must for fill in order to prevent your posted from being locked, I suggested you have a look at them as they are available Here. Sorry if I came off as rude and you had actually did have issues or misunderstanding posting here, but you should really revise the rulings to formatting a post here.

Last edited:
I have no idea if this is meant to be some pitiful attempt at a lame and overdone joke, but im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take this as you had technically difficulties or a miss understanding. I suggest you actually provide a team of six Pokemon with at least 3 lines of description for each Pokemon. There are further requirements that you must for fill in order to prevent your posted from being locked I suggested you have a look at them as they are also available on the forum. Sorry if I came off as rude and you had actually did have issues or misunderstanding posting here, but you should really revise the rulings to formatting a post here.
Sry it was my first time posting here but i have edited it now :D

Okay so I don't really know where to start..

First of all Talonflame is not really the best Anti-Lead in my opinion, but if it works for you... However I would consider using Roost over SD (if you really want to use it as like an Anti-Lead) simply because Talonflame is useless otherwise (if SR are up and Exca can't spin).

Not sure about Excadrill, he kinda needs Rockslide to prevent your Team being destroyed by Zard-Y

For Serperior, I'd change two things. First of all change the Item to Life Orb/Meadow Plate/Miracle Seed, whatever floats your boat :P Otherwise it's just too weak. I also highly recommend using Dragon Pulse over Giga Drain, or Lati@s/Dragonite/... easily wall you/set up on you:

+6 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 234-276 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 73-86 (22.6 - 26.6%) -- 31.4% chance to 4HKO

Mega Swamperts 252 Speed EVs are unnecessary, 152 are enough to outspeed Mega Sceptile in the Rain which should be enough, that way Swampert can take hits a little better. (EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe)

For Salamence, make it Naive and use Fire Blast over Fire Fang as otherwise you get walled (and probably phazed) by Skarm. You also don't take Iron Barbs damage from Ferro.

4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 200-236 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 230-272 (68.8 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 84-100 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly I'd scrap Cofagrigus, it's spread is not really good and Nasty Plot + 1 attacking move seems kinda odd..

Last edited:
Okay so I don't really now where to start..

First of all Talonflame is not really the best Anti-Lead in my opinion, but if it works for you... However I would consider using Roost over SD (if you really want to use it as like an Anti-Lead) simply because Talonflame is useless otherwise (if SR are up and Exca can't spin).

Not sure about Excadrill, he kinda needs Rockslide to prevent your Team being destroyed by Zard-Y

For Serperior, I'd change two things. First of all change the Item to Life Orb/Meadow Plate/Miracle Seed, whatever floats your boat :P Otherwise it's just too weak. I also highly recommend using Dragon Pulse over Giga Drain, or Lati@s/Dragonite/... easily wall you/set up on you:

+6 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 234-276 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 73-86 (22.6 - 26.6%) -- 31.4% chance to 4HKO

Mega Swamperts 252 Speed EVs are unnecessary, 152 are enough to outspeed Mega Sceptile in the Rain which should be enough, that way Swampert can take hits a little better. (EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe)

For Salamence, make it Naive and use Fire Blast over Fire Fang as otherwise you get walled (and probably phazed) by Skarm. You also don't take Iron Barbs damage from Ferro.

4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 200-236 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 230-272 (68.8 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 84-100 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly I'd scrap Cofagrigus, it's spread is not really good and Nasty Plot + 1 attacking move seems kinda odd..
K ty ill try these changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)