Swampert @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Stealth rocks
- EQ
- Surf
- Ice beam
Pokémon’s role- For my lead on this team im using the Mixpert set. Swampert is a great lead because it almost always gets to set up rocks and can hold its own even when taunted.
Moves-It has stealth rocks set to setup the infamous entry hazard, EQ and for STAB,Protect for scouting and evading things like explosion form azelf,metagross etc, ice beam is also useful for dragon/ground typed pokes like salamence and tyranitar.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet punch
- U-turn
- Brick break
- Pursuit
Pokémon’s role-For my phys sweeper im using a choice banded scizor set, its awesome speed attack and ability make it a very powerful sweeper.

Moves- It has bullet punch for revenge kill, u-turn if it needs to switch or there’s a frail psychic type, brick break for a fighting move and to break screens, and pursuit for predicted switches and for (again) psychic types.

Porygon-Z @ choice specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Tri attack
- Hidden power (fighting)
- Dark pulse
- Ice beam
Pokémon’s role- For my sp sweeper im using the choice specs porygon-Z set. Porygon-Z has an amazing sp attack and decent speed and is your standard glass cannon sweeper.

Moves- It has tri attack for STAB, hidden power fighting for other normal types has dark pulse for psychic types, and ice beam for dragon, ground, and flying types.

Weezing @ leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Pain split
- Haze/willo-wisp?
Pokémon’s role-For my phys wall im using the phys wall weezing set. Weezing has a great def and decent hp which makes it a good wall .

Moves-First off I have flamethrower and thunderbolt for elemental moves and for type coverage, I have pain split to get hp back and to leech off Pokémon with huge amounts of hp. The last move I can’t decide on, Haze is a great move to prevent Pokémon from setting up things like dragon dance, swords dance, calm mind etc. But will-o-wisp is extremely useful for crippling phys sweepers and does status damage. I’m hoping you guys can recommend which move I should use.

Blissey @ leftovers
Ability: Natural care
EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Wish
- Soft boiled
- Ice beam
- Toxic
Pokémon’s role-For my sp wall im using the popular Wish bliss set. Blisseys is one of the best (if not best) sp walls in the meta game and the wish bliss set does a good job supporting the teams hp.

Moves- It has wish for standard support, soft boiled for a self healing move and to stall, ice beam for sp attack so it cant be completely screwed over by taunt,and toxic for a status inducer and along with soft boiled can stall an opponent out or cause a switch.

Cresselia@ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- reflect
- Psychic
- Ice beam
- Moonlight
Pokémon’s role-For my support Pokémon im using a support Cress set. Cresselia has awesome hp and defenses and can help by setting up screens, stalling, and being a tank. The reason why I chose cress as my supporting Pokémon is because of its type looking at my Pokémon’s types two of them are normal and are the perfect target for fighting types and cress with its type and the move psychic is a great counter for those pests.

Moves- It has reflect to help the teams defenses, psychic for STAB and countering fighting types, ice beam for a useful sp attack and moonlight for a self healing move and also if need be to help stall.

Thoughts- Personally I think this team is pretty solid but this being my first OU (mostly) team that has actually done well in shoddy and my first RMT
It’s better for you guys to critique it and suggest things before i take the team to wifi. I’ve also noticed in looking over this that more than half my pokes have ice beam lol. Though ice beam Is an useful move im not sure if i need that many pokes with it. If not, it’d be nice for you guys to suggest other moves to replace it. I also don’t relay get how a threat list works so bear with me when I try to get it. Thank you for reading this and for helping :3

Hi, pretty solid team

Just some minor nitpicks, on Swampert I would opt for Protect over Surf to scout moves, give, block Explosions and Fake outs, and stall better. Surf is not really needed because you have Earthquake to deal with Heatran and Infernape.

Hi, pretty solid team

Just some minor nitpicks, on Swampert I would opt for Protect over Surf to scout moves, give, block Explosions and Fake outs, and stall better. Surf is not really needed because you have Earthquake to deal with Heatran and Infernape.
hmm you think so? I guess that would be the better choice since this is a lead and one of the most use full things a lead can do is scout ill try that

Hi there,
I'll start rating you, please read the Bold parts.
Swampert @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Stealth rocks
- EQ
- Surf
- Ice beam
This one is all-right. Through, you might want some more offensive EVs, but thats all yours.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet punch
- U-turn
- Brick break
- Pursuit
Well, at first, I do not agree with a Choiced sweeper, you are locked in the use of a single move, thus you will be walled by the switch in. It can obviously make kills, but it won't sweep for you.
U-Turn is a scouting move. In the early game, use U-Turn as the standard move (if you won't Pursuit) to scout the switch in, look at the walls and "Anti-Sciz" material the opponent has.
And By the way, Scizor is NOT speedy, only it's Bullet Punch is.

Porygon-Z @ choice specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Tri attack
- Hidden power (fighting)
- Dark pulse
- Ice beam
The same thing about the Choiced Sweeper problem, see Sciz.
This set is pretty Solid, actually, great coverage and one of the highest possible Special Attacks in the whole OU metagame (except for Nasty Plotters).
Through, Porygon-Z has a few problems:
- It is VERY frail, so anything outspeeding will cause a lot of troube to you. Priority/Pursuit = Auto-kill (if predicted right).
- It has trouble switching in, because of the frailty, so you can probably only come in once or twice.
However, Props for trying to use Pory-Z.

Weezing @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Pain split
- Haze/will-o-wisp?
Just after the Quote, I took some information from an article of The Smog (Smogon Magazine) about Weezing.

Blissey @ leftovers
Ability: Natural care
EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Wish
- Soft boiled
- Ice beam
- Toxic
Wishbliss is pretty standard. You might want to carry Flamethrower, since it Super effectively hits the Steels that can't be Toxic'd.

Cresselia@ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- reflect
- Psychic
- Ice beam
- Moonlight
I'll posting a copy of Cresselias problem too.
Well, Mixed Swampert is one of the better leads in the current Metagame. It can combat opposing Leads, and also get it's Rocks up with its great bulk. I have no problem with it, but maybe another Smogonite wants you to use more offensive EVs.

Than we're at the "Sweepers", this is the part I'm having trouble with.
In my opinion, a Sweeper has the ability to rampage an opposing team, using coverage, speed and power to get through. You Scizors attacks will get walled, since any attack it uses, only your Fighting attack has the good coverage it should have. I suggest you to spam U-Turn very often, and once you switch in for the kill, use the attack to Super Effectivly hit the pokemon switching in.
As for Pory-Z, i'll suggest you a little brother of his; Porygon 2.
As you are using a very defensive team, Porygon 2 comes along a lot better. You want to use the Boosting Sweeper set:
Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: TRACE
Nature: MODEST
EVs: 252 HP/ 120 Def/ 136 SpA
~ Charge Beam
~ Ice Beam
~ Tri Attack
~ Recover
With this set, you use Charge Beams ability to boost your special attack. This results in a pokemon with very great defensive capabilitys, in combination with good coverage-and after someboosts- great attacking power. (plus the ability to come in more easily)

Than theres te defensive core of you team. Blissey is on every team, and is acceptable.
Fallen Stars said:
Cresselia

What does it do?

Cresselia was hailed pre-DP as the Lugia of OU. With 120/120/130 defenses, it is only 2HKOed by STAB or super effective moves. It also had a wide variety of support moves, ranging from Trick Room, Thunder Wave, dual screens, and Lunar Dance; it was truly a team player. It also has Levitate to keep it immune to Ground attacks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. These things combined helped to make it a great wall. With Ice Beam, it could serve as a check to any of the Dragons as well, being able to survive a hit from any of them. It also worked great on Sunny Day teams, where Moonlight would heal 66.67% of its HP in one turn. But the thing it could do that nothing else could do was Lunar Dance. This move allowed it to fully heal any Pokemon on it's team, PP, HP and status effects, by sacrificing itself. Used correctly, this move could be game changing.
What happened?

Cresselia was lacking one thing that all walls need: reliable recovery. Outside of the universal Rest, it only had Moonlight, which is crippled by sandstorm and hail. In addition, it is weak to Pursuit, a very common move in today's metagame. Both a STAB Pursuit and sandstorm come in a great package on one Pokemon. Tyranitar can come on on anything Cresselia does, barring a Thunder Wave, and make it think twice about doing anything. Even then, just having Tyranitar on the other team means that it can't heal to full potential.
Will it drop?

Not far. It will likely not stay in UU long if it falls. That is due to the fact that rain, sand, and hail are much less common in UU, which would give Cresselia much more reliable healing. It will most likely stay around the bottom of OU, due to the fact that Latias does Psychic walling better, as it has reliable recovery though Recover. However, until people realize how useful the Lunar Dance + dual screens set is, Cresselia will be stuck in the bottom barrel of OU.
This is the problem of Cresselia, and here's Heracross:
Fallen Stars said:
Heracross

What did it do?

The better question would be "What didn't it do?" in its history in Pokemon. Being the bar none most powerful Bug-type Pokemon in the entire metagame, as well as being the only Pokemon with access to a STAB Megahorn since it showed on the scene in GSC with Megahorn as its signature move. Since then, every generation has just been icing on the cake. ADV added Guts, making burn more a liability against Heracross than a crippling effect, while also adding Choice Band, an item boosting Heracross' already brutal Attack stat to devastating levels without the need for a boost. However, DP was absolutely amazing for it. Diamond/Pearl added a multitude of boons for the suplex bug- STAB Close Combat, giving Heracross amazing dual base 120 STAB to operate off of its impressive base 125 Attack; top-notch tertiary moves, including Stone Edge to hit Flying-types and the now-physical Pursuit, allowing Heracross to terrorize Ghost-types that used to be Hearacross' greatest bane; and Choice Scarf, which allows Heracross to act as a quick, bulky revenge killer when combined with the massive Base Power of its STABs and its decent base 85 Speed.
What happened?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. If anything, the metagame is even more primed for Heracross to terrorize things than ever. Latias is just another powerful Psychic-type for Heracross to put to the horn, and with Heracross' 80/95 defenses on the special side, it can even come in on stuff like a -2 Draco Meteor or Surf/Thunderbolt and Pursuit Latias to death with either Band or Scarf. Bug/Fighting provides great defenses, given the rarity of Flying and Psychic attacks in OU. Heracross resists Fighting, Bug, and Dark, which means it should be able to switch relatively easily into non-Bullet Punch moves. Hera can also switch into Will-O-Wisp from Rotom (sans Overheat) and smack it down with a beefy Guts-boosted Pursuit. Essentially, Scarf or Band Heracross can switch into a ton of OU and immediately threaten it. So how has Heracross fallen from #30 to #48 since last year, when Platinum arrived on scene?
I think it's simply an issue of competition. Metagross and Tyranitar make Pursuiters that are just as good if not better than Heracross, and both can switch into Ghosts with more ease. Scizor is the #1 most often used Pokemon, and it provides stiff competition in the "bulky Choiced Bug-type" department, with an arguably better typing and access to the extremely useful STAB Technician Bullet Punch and Dragon resistance that come from being Steel-type. As for the "bulky Fighting-type", Lucario loves switching into Rock and Dark attacks, while Machamp has more pure bulk, power, and the extreme utility of STAB No Guard Dynamicpunch. Finally, as far as Scarfed revenge killers go, Jirachi is pretty much at the forefront. With unparalleled type coverage, solid defenses, great Speed, and the extremely annoying Serene Grace Iron Head, Jirachi makes one of the best Scarfed revenge killers in the metagame. In the end, it comes down to competition, and there's always something "better" than Heracross at doing whatever you want it to do.
Will it drop?

My bet is that Heracross will either be "rediscovered" in OU, as there is still absolutely massive potential for it, especially as a Pursuiter that works against Rotom-A without fearing Will-O-Wisp. At the very least, it'll probably hover at the OU/UU cutoff, and if it ever does make it down to UU, my bet is that it doesn't last, and ends up in that no-man's-land hopping between BL and OU.
I'll try to pass you some better walls, but I ran out of time, I'll ediit it today, maybe tomorrow.

Kind regards,
DiamondMaster

well thats certainly a detailed rating, which is good :3
so lets start with your problem with the sweepers.
You do have a good point, choice band does limit scizor since you think that
thats a problem do you think i should test another set? Maybe the swords dance set? or maybe even another poke like lucario? Next onto porygon-Z. Hmm I havent thought of my team as really "defensive" until you pointed it out but your right, every poke on this team has good or great def or spdef all except porygon-z. So you think that i should switch to porygon 2? again thats loosing the added power by the choice item (and porygon Z decent speed) and you have to set up, but allows free choice of moves and more defenses hmm i think ill test that one on shoddy too. Lastly about the cress. So the problem with the cress is that its only recovery move is moonlight which is crippled down to 25% in sand and hail and that it will be screwed when faced with a heracross? That maybe true but I still need a fighting type counter and cress seems to do a good job on this team can you suggest another poke for me then maybe as a fighting counter a need a ghost type dusknior maybe?
im not sure lol ill be testing the new pokes when i get home then if they work out ill change my team

ok i tested out porygon2 and it didn't go to well lol but i got a good idea for another bulky sp sweeper and i tried it in a few matches (still testing) and its doin pretty well tell me if you think its a good idea

Pokemon Zapdos @ leftovers
Ability: pressure
EVs:
Nature: modest
- agility
- thunderbolt
- heatwave
- HP grass

ive also tried out the swords dance scizor set
Scizor @ Item life orb
Ability: technician
EVs:
Nature: adamant
- Swords dance
- Bullet punch
- Superpower
- Bug bite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)