My first OU team

*My first OU team*
This is my very first OU team and my first leap into the realm of competitive pokemon battling. I hope you all can help me grow and become a great competitive battler!
Salamence/Choice Scarf/Moxie/Naughty​

252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
With Dragon Claw I don't get locked into Out Rage with a steel switch in and with Naughty Fire Blast wont be weakened by my nature. This is generally my late game clean up wrecking ball. Early game ScarfMence can get some key KOs with Dragon Claw, Earthquake and Fire Blast and promptly switch into a more favorable counter, and late game Mence destroys anything left with a speedy Outrage.

Tentacruel/Black Sludge/Liquid Ooze/Bold​

252 Hp/240 Defense/16 Speed
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes
-Protect
-Scald
SpinSupport extraordinaire Tentacruel is the base of my Fire/Grass/Water core. I've replaced Toxic for Toxic Spikes for a more steady spread of poison rather than just one pokemon getting toxic and possibly koing my spinner. Protect helps Tentacruel win any Stall Wars and Scalds chance of burn helps cripple any physical threats.
Ferrothorn/Leftovers/Iron Barb/Relaxed
252 Hp/88 Def/168 Special Defense 0Speed Iv
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
My Check for Gyarados and my Dragon sponge. With its EV spread Ferrothorn takes attacks from both attackers well and sets up Hazards without much risk. Gyroball and Power Whip are both great STAB moves that help me check both Bulky Waters and hurt Dragon types.
Heatran/Air Balloon/Flash Fire/Calm​

252 Hp/252 Special Defense/4 Special Attack
-Earth Power
-Lava Plume
-Protect
-Roar
Heatran is my special wall and fire recipient for Ferrothorn/Scizor. Earth Power to deal with opposing Heatrans and an Air Balloon to protect me from EQ and Earth Powers from opposing threats/Heatran. Protect is for scouting and Roar is for phazing on pokes that believe they can set up on me.

Gengar/Life Orb/Levitate/Timid​

252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
-Hidden Power Fire
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
Hidden Power Fire is for Scizors trying to scare me away with Pursuit and other steels/breloom that are trying to be funny, and Focus Blast is the same for Tyranitar and Terrakion. Substitute on a switch guarantees a huge chunk of HP is smashed out of the pokemon that is stupid enough to switch into Gengar. With the set I'm running Gengar has no reliable way of recovery so I'm wondering if Leftovers/Black Sludge were a viable option over Life Orb? Would Gengar still be able to get key KOs?
Scizor/Choice Band/Technician/Adamant​

252 HP/252 Attack/4 Special Defense
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power
-Pursuit
-U Turn
A counter to Landorus, Blissey, and Ferrothorn. This is the first time I've played a CBScizor or a Scizor of any kind so I'm still kind of shakey with it and would LOVE suggestions to help play it better.U Turn is excellent for scouting, and Bullet Punch hits hard for STAB and is priority. Great for cleaning up weakened pokemon. I went with the Standard EV spread because I'm not sure how comfortable I am with Scizor yet

After about 10 rounds of play testing my biggest notable weakness at the moment seems to be Sunshine Teams. I don't have any specific counters to Volcarona that I'm aware of? It just seems to look at my team, laugh, and then destroy me. Same with Venasaur after the speed bost from Chlorophyll. Any help to deal with this would be very much appreciated, also enemy Gengars seem to like messing with me unless my own Gengar has a Sub set up. Enemy Latios also seem to wreck my team quite nicely unless Scizor is there to stop it. Anymore help would be greatly appreciated!

You can ditch the ability to beat other heatrans for stealth rock in order to free a slot for thunder wave on ferrothorn.

otherwise you might wanna run a couple of speed ev's to outspeed opposing heatran for a clean KO.

Scarf revenge killer Gengar,outspeeds other gengars and latios for clean KO's,also hit hard.

CB Terrakion could do wonders vs volcarona,just like landorus could as well,or perhaps tyranitar.

Starmie functions as a spinner,is faster than tenta,more coverage and can kill shit.

ditch air baloon for leftovers,the pokemon that can EQ aren't the ones heatran is supposed to come in on.

if you want a gengar with recovery,try a sub disable or painsplit gengar with black sludge.

Scizor's set is meant to clean up pokes,how do you intend to get them that low HP in the first place?Gengar can't switch in safely most of the time,Salamence is walled by steels and is also a late game sweeper,all you're left with is a frail ghost and 3 support pokes.

Switch tentacruel for either starmie or jellicent,also takes care of your latios and volcarona problems,starmie has a strong icebeam and jellicent toxics volcarona,resists its STABS and is has great bulk if invested in sp def.

I suggest you switch salamence with latios,way easier sweeping right off the bat,lures in blissey for scizor to setup on if you run a swords dance set.

OVERALL

Scarf Gengar takes care of:

Opposing Gengar
Latios
Venusaur

Set-252 SP.A-252 SPE

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
HP Fire
Thunderbolt

great coverage,can handle weakened rain teams well,hits hard and very fast.

nature +SP.A -ATK

SP.D Bulky TTar

+SP.D -SP A/SPE

Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Earthquake*Ice beam*Stealth rock

+252 HP/SP.D OR 224 SP.D/HP 56 SP.A

ice beam is for gliscor,i haven't tested it myself but i've heard it fucks its shit up.

Bulky TTar lets you summon your own weather,is bulky,traps Latios,stone edges volcarona and can survive its hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)