my first rmt. any suggestions are welcome

Hello! this is my first RMT:/ this team is very offensive and I'd just like some suggestions to make this team better. Lets get right to it.

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Echoed Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- U-turn
This or swampert are my usual leads meloetta outspeeds most things with a scarf. i use echoed voice because occasional if the other team doesn't have a ghost u can sweep pretty easily. psychic and echoed voice are stab. focus blast to hit steel types and scafty. and u turn is to scout.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- flamethrower
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball

Specs Chandelure is a BEAST! not very many things want to take a overheat from this monster. trick is for stopping set up sweepers and walls. overheat is to get massive damage on everything. shadow ball for things that resist fire. and flamethrower incase i dont want a pesky special attack drop.

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- soft boiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

now this pretty lady is surprisingly powerful. not to common in uu because nidoking does the same thing pretty much, but it can set up and has reliable recovery with magic gaurd is takes no damage from anything but attacks. calm mind and softboiled are to set up and ice beam and thunderbolt give me very good coverage.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
This is my only wall that can take physical hits. he sets up stealth rocks and his 3 attacks usually are able to hit something super effectively. waterfall and eq are stab and help me deal with alot of threats. ice punch is to hit birds that always want to come in on swampert.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My set up sweeper. With a couple calm minds and his outrages speed stat he can easily sweep teams. i use discharge because a para here or there is very useful. hp ice is so im not walled by ground types. sub and calm mind are just obvious. (is the weakest link to my team may try zapados?)

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Mienshao also has a good potential to clean out threats. fake out to kill low hp pokemon and high jump kick with reckless.. nothing wants to take a hit from it. stone edge to hit flying/ghost types and u turn is to scout.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
You need to improve your descriptions. You current ones are lacking. Try to explain what the Pokemon do on the team, its moveset, why did you choose it, etc. Read the Rules and check out the RMT Archive to see what we're looking for. Around three lines should do. If you don't improve your descriptions, I'll have to lock this thread.

A RMT reply

As far as weaknesses go, you've made your team exceptionally well. you have only one weakness to 8 of the 17 types, two weaknesses to 2 of the 17 types and 0 weaknesses to 7 of the 17 types and then a plethora of resistances to boot. HOWEVER, lets get on to the lower sides of your team. You have no specific Scrafty counter (Meloetta only hits it for 50-60% damage with focus blast) and he can also hit all of your team for at least neutral damage. You could try to fit a Crobat (who outspeeds Scrafty at +1) on your team who can take a Ice punch or Zen headbutt and retaliate with Brave Bird (choice band set OHKO's). Crobat also suits your hyperoffensive playstyle quite well and provides you with a nice resistance to fighting and grass.

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled OR Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
I personally love Clefable and use a physical one in my RU team, but that's not important. What matters is flamethrower, whilst it's nice to have the tri-fector of 95 power attacks. You don't need it after the almost unresisted boltbeam combo. I recommend the healing from Softboiled to make you an unkillable monster OR Psychic to get the jump on some slower fighting types (such as Machamp or Hitmontop).

So all in all, the team looks good, I personally think to switch Raikou for Crobat (who also helps you burst through stall teams) and Flamethrower for Softboiled. That's all I can really see at the moment, If I think of something else i'll keep you poster. Good luck!

Crobat set
Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Super Fang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)